Dutch Passion The Stratogalactic High - Dutch Passion - Think Different cannabutter

phaze

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
The other day our first Think Different grow finished, and the smelly buds have been layed off for drying. After the drying came trimming, and I did what I always do then, packed the buds for curing in some sweet jars and used the Sunday afternoon to make some awesome cannabutter. I've read in an article on HighTimes, that you can get "that extra potency" from your (water cooked) cannabutter if you simmer it for an hour, than cool it back down. Than heat it up again, and cool dow agaian... Overall 4 heating and cooling intervals. And I did it, by the book...

Well the good news is that when I tried the finished product after the re-melting the butter for storage in containers, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, I was higher than I ever was before. And the bad news is that I peaked about 5 hours after eating it, and the EPIC high lasted another 5 hours. I'm still a bit high do - some 24 hrs. later.

Regarding the late peaking I experienced I'm thinking that the last meal prior to bread spread Think Different is the cause. I ate a salty cheese pie (burek), that consist mainly from fresh cheese that is high in dairy fat. It can be that it lead to delayed activation of my best&worst trip ever. You see, I ate the butter around 19:50 and was in bed around 0:50 but I have peaked at about 01:30! Ofc. that I was unable to fall asleep because the imagery around me was so vivid and intense.

A few flashes of my canabutacid trip could make this more understandable:
- A car passes down the street. "It's the cops, they are coming to get me, and I wont be able to talk to them or answer a simple question. Like what is the colour of music." Paranoia. Panic. Car stops. Died inside.
- "Oh look at those wallpapers designs, I finally understand the mathematical pattern in them." I have white walls. "Wooooow man..."
- I accidentally touch wifes beautiful butt... "My wifes butt is so warm, so beautifully warm" BAM, yellow bright light all arround..."We're flying trough the warm summer sky in the beautiful summers eve. Everything is absolutely great"... It's snowing outside.
- "I love life and everything is great"... Sudden panic again ... "It's not great it's very, very bad"!
- 1 hour into the "ride"... it feels like its wearing off. 5 minutes later... "nope it's getting more intense every minute"... Paranoia. Panic.

I remember about 3 of the super high peak cycles, with "Good it passed" and "OMG, no it didn't" moments. Eventually my bed started spinning, and it never spins for me, even when I'm drunk. It was "spinning" so fast that I felt the gravitational pull on my legs. Like the real astronaut training... I even felt the wind in my face and everything... It was out of this world!

Please note that I'm not a first time consumer, and I indulge the plant for the past... 17 years. I definitely know how to behave and control my high, but THIS... I was not able to control this. Maybe I had partial control because I knew that it is a super-monstrous high I'm involved in, and that there is nothing else to do but to ride it out. It was wild, wild ride, an intense and most overwhelming weed experience, of my life - most definitely...

And even today at work I was quite high from last night, and the bodybuzz is still fantastic. During the whole day I'm feeling like I just walked out of a bath. Not a shower, but a bath. Skin is smooth, bones love the meat and vice versa, even my hair and beard feel soft and snuggly?!

And today I love my wife more than ever. She was the anchor that kept me from flying to far towards the pitch black of my subconsciousness, she was the warm sunlight I always felt near me, no matter how dark it got... And she just slept there, completely unaware of the space flight adventure her husband is on... :D

I will Think Different about this strain - forever! :)

ps. I think that the heating and cooling periods for the butter preparation, can actually save you a lot off bud. It produces some time/space bending material... :)

Cannabutter recepie used (long simmering)

Last edited:
I love this!! You just made my day bro!! :rofl: "like what is the color of music?" :crying:
I got to make some! That's just all there is too it!!
Welcome to the family dude!!

- A car passes down the street. "It's the cops, they are coming to get me, and I wont be able to talk to them or answer a simple question. Like what is the colour of music." Paranoia. Panic. Car stops. Died inside.
- "Oh look at those wallpapers designs, I finally understand the mathematical pattern in them." I have white walls. "Wooooow man..."
- I accidentally touch wifes beautiful butt... "My wifes butt is so warm, so beautifully warm" BAM, yellow bright light all arround..."We're flying trough the warm summer sky in the beautiful summers eve. Everything is absolutely great"... It's snowing outside.
- "I love life and everything is great"... Sudden panic again ... "It's not great it's very, very bad"!
- 1 hour into the "ride"... it feels like its wearing off. 5 minutes later... "nope it's getting more intense every minute"... Paranoia. Panic.
I can't say anything about this technique, but this flashes remind me my last experience with canna butter I ate to much and feel the high for 24 maybe more hours "AFN smoke out"

And you can use the long simmered recipe for coconut oil as well! Sweet!! I'm gonna do it!!

You really think the multiple heating and cooling makes it more potent?

Last edited:
The other day our first Think Different grow finished, and the smelly buds have been layed off for drying. After the drying came trimming, and I did what I always do then, packed the buds for curing in some sweet jars and used the Sunday afternoon to make some awesome cannabutter. I've read in an article on HighTimes, that you can get "that extra potency" from your (water cooked) cannabutter if you simmer it for an hour, than cool it back down. Than heat it up again, and cool dow agaian... Overall 4 heating and cooling intervals. And I did it, by the book...

Well the good news is that when I tried the finished product after the re-melting the butter for storage in containers, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, I was higher than I ever was before. And the bad news is that I peaked about 5 hours after eating it, and the EPIC high lasted another 5 hours. I'm still a bit high do - some 24 hrs. later.

Regarding the late peaking I experienced I'm thinking that the last meal prior to bread spread Think Different is the cause. I ate a salty cheese pie (burek), that consist mainly from fresh cheese that is high in dairy fat. It can be that it lead to delayed activation of my best&worst trip ever. You see, I ate the butter around 19:50 and was in bed around 0:50 but I have peaked at about 01:30! Ofc. that I was unable to fall asleep because the imagery around me was so vivid and intense.

I remember about 3 of the super high peak cycles, with "Good it passed" and "OMG, no it didn't" moments. Eventually my bed started spinning, and it never spins for me, even when I'm drunk. It was "spinning" so fast that I felt the gravitational pull on my legs. Like the real astronaut training... I even felt the wind in my face and everything... It was out of this world!

Please note that I'm not a first time consumer, and I indulge the plant for the past... 17 years. I definitely know how to behave and control my high, but THIS... I was not able to control this. Maybe I had partial control because I knew that it is a super-monstrous high I'm involved in, and that there is nothing else to do but to ride it out. It was wild, wild ride, an intense and most overwhelming weed experience, of my life - most definitely...

And even today at work I was quite high from last night, and the bodybuzz is still fantastic. During the whole day I'm feeling like I just walked out of a bath. Not a shower, but a bath. Skin is smooth, bones love the meat and vice versa, even my hair and beard feel soft and snuggly?!

And today I love my wife more than ever. She was the anchor that kept me from flying to far towards the pitch black of my subconsciousness, she was the warm sunlight I always felt near me, no matter how dark it got... And she just slept there, completely unaware of the space flight adventure her husband is on... :D

I will Think Different about this strain - forever! :)

ps. I think that the heating and cooling periods for the butter preparation, can actually save you a lot off bud. It produces some time/space bending material... :)

Cannabutter recepie used (long simmering)

NOTE TO SELF: Don't eat 2 tablespoons of this.............:crying:

You really think the multiple heating and cooling makes it more potent?

Well I did it as advertised in the linked article and it got me waaay beyond high. On the other hand, this is not my first cannabutter batch, I make one after each grow.

So there are three options:
1. Think Different is the strongest weed I ever tried (don't seem so when smoking the bud)
2. Cooking and cooling did acctualy increase potency
3. Both

When you think about the physics of the canabinoid activation process that happens in fats of butter, a longer cooking period should cause more of the canabinoids to be activated. But the cooling down allows them to settle or regroup so that the reheating could acctualy increase the chance that MORE of the different THC-ish molecules get activated. I see it like this, the activation would never happen for some of those canabinoids, without reheating... :) Or I could be wrong, and there is nothing different except the factor of Think Different here... ;)

Ofc. I can be off by a mile here, but hey, if HighTimes guys metion something as an "extra potency" tip, it should be valid, right? :D

Well I did it as advertised in the linked article and it got me waaay beyond high. On the other hand, this is not my first cannabutter batch, I make one after each grow.

So there are three options:
1. Think Different is the strongest weed I ever tried (don't seem so when smoking the bud)
2. Cooking and cooling did acctualy increase potency
3. Both

When you think about the physics of the canabinoid activation process that happens in fats of butter, a longer cooking period should cause more of the canabinoids to be activated. But the cooling down allows them to settle or regroup so that the reheating could acctualy increase the chance that MORE of the different THC-ish molecules get activated. I see it like this, the activation would never happen for some of those canabinoids, without reheating... :) Or I could be wrong, and there is nothing different except the factor of Think Different here... ;)

Ofc. I can be off by a mile here, but hey, if HighTimes guys metion something as an "extra potency" tip, it should be valid, right? :D

Well if you look at the this comment right below it, what do you think about this?

Dennis Sellers
Don't ruin your cannabis with this bogus cannabutter recipe. Shame on High Times for not checking this out before printing it. I see at least 3 mistakes that will make this a total waste.
Never boil cannabis before adding the butter, as the THC has nothing to bond to, I also add 1 tsp Lethicin per cup of butter to help in THC bonding. The cannabis doesn't infuse well with salted butter....he said use salted butter to help the smoke point ??? lol I have no idea what that even means.
Best using low heat simmer 160 to 180 deg or so for 3 hours then strain 1 time your done, no sense in doing this 3 times. Next I use a cheap colander with a few layers of cheesecloth to pour thru into another… Continue Reading

What do you think about his logic on that the thc has nothing to bond too before adding the butter?

Did you put yours in before the butter like it said?

Yup I have put the bud in before I added the butter. There is some logic in it, bc the plant material and the fiber just practically softens, and cooks out and thus prepares the plant material for extractoin.
Also, where I live, there is no such thing as salted butter, so that was not a problem... :D

On the other hand, adding letchin - that usually comes from GM soy, a substance that can make water into jelly - I would consider it as a bad advice. I like it au naturel! :D

It could be that Mr. Sellers is right, but I trust the High Times guys more... :D

Cool. Then I'm doing it like you did yours. I can see some logic in it softening them up! Seems legit! Lol
I got 4 plants worth of trim and stems and I throwing all my little underneath popcorn buds into as well! Get some cbd's in the butter too!!

Hahaha great man, you're about to have fuuuun... :Medibles:

And don't smoke while waiting for effects, the slow but powerfull edible magic is somehow... refreshing for a stone... :D

"AFN smoke out"

Peace bro...

Back