Thrip Pics FYI

HM I think u gave them to me. ..2 plants look like they've been hit. Just harvested one and got 2 about to harvest in sane tent I'm seeing the issue. Will they b OK for harvest? I'm stay treatment on the most effected plants tomorrow. ...and I have 4 waiting to sprout. My tent right next to it doesn't have them. I'm thinking roots organic 707. It came from. Only thing different in the tents. I got a lot of air moving so I don't think they are attacking full strength lol....was hoping I had a different problem than bugs but I dunno. ..@waira.... 2 separate plants on completely different nutrients and soil... a toofless alien in 707 that's been fed water only until today. And the darker one is a Tyrone special being fed AN tangs schedule in promix hp. Tempos and rh are fine. My other tent looks fine now that I killed the hermie lol....
20160324_053459.jpg
20160324_053509.jpg
20160324_053524.jpg
20160324_053609.jpg
What u guys think?

:toke: Pete-- this doesn't look like thrip damage brudda, more like a defc.,... good news--? :rofl: See how most the damage is at or near the margins, and "teeth"? The more interior spots are roundish, and that's not looking thrippy at all,... Which plant is which, bro, Toofless in particular? I think you have early K defc. (margins), maybe some Ca starting (roundish spots),... you're in early bloom, so they might be barkin' for more P and K..have you transitioned yet to bloom nute's schedule?

:toke: Pete-- this doesn't look like thrip damage brudda, more like a defc.,... good news--? :rofl: See how most the damage is at or near the margins, and "teeth"? The more interior spots are roundish, and that's not looking thrippy at all,... Which plant is which, bro, Toofless in particular? I think you have early K defc. (margins), maybe some Ca starting (roundish spots),... you're in early bloom, so they might be barkin' for more P and K..have you transitioned yet to bloom nute's schedule?
The toofless just got its first feed yesterday. It's in 707 roots organics. Been given water until now. The blotches are like eaten craters on the underside it looks like. It's effecting that plant and throne which is in promix and been getting tangs feeding schedule. Not being thrips would b awesome.

Well, I got the little --ckers back. Same plant which is now in full blooming plus a Cash Crop I have at about 30 days. Only good thing is I got some really good pics of an adult, and another couple of pics of larvae. I have both stages on the plants, so I am assuming I probably have some in the medium. Really don't know what to do with my plant in bloom. She is huge and thick and would be a real job to try to treat every surface, top and bottom. I think I may have to come up with something other than neem oil. @Waira can spinosad be used in bloom? Here are pics of my plants and some of the little --ckers. How do I handle this, and what would be likely outcome if left unchecked then shut down the grow for a couple months?
VNL Day 64.JPG

adult thrip (11).jpg

adult thrip (12).jpg

thrip larvae (2).jpg

thrip larvae.jpg

Thrip.jpg

:doh: :cuss: Gaahh!! persistent little shits! I think you probably wailed on them pretty well, but getting to the pupating ones in the soil is tricky, and when they hatch out as adults it's back to breeding again! :nono:...likely that's where the re-infestation came from, but then, adults can fly, so... blue/yellow sticky traps can help attract them, and allow you to see if there's a flying population around,... Spinosad is labeled food safe up to the day of harvest(?), and I feel it leaves the least residue, even with a wetting agent mixed in to help make it more effective,... That said, with such a lush plant, this far into bloom, it's a tougher call... you have a ways to go still, and the population can't be allowed to go nuts, or they'll make a mess of the things! How bad is the infestation, are they all over, or scattered? I think a treatment is in order, with precision spraying to minimize bud overspray-- and epic beating my friend, I know! I'll ask my mate A4 about a possible rinsing method for later... As you know, any excess moisture on the bud can invite mold, but done right with RO/Di water, and plenty of time and proper conditions to dry out by dark, it's do-able! ...Use diatomaceous earth on the soil surface to discourage the juvie's dropping down there to pupate,...:pimphand:

For soil i use eighth teaspoon of garden sulfer mixed and leave weak supersoil sit with no plant , in it for about 4 weeks , kills all bad bugs also diatomaceous earth on surface wipes them critters out.

Back