Thrip Pics FYI

Just a follow up to this whole grow. I kept the thrips to a managable level but the little bastards just kept coming back until I added the last weapon to this multi-front battle which ended the thrip infestation. That last weapon was mosquito bits soaked in the water. The Bti stopped the little bastards in the soil, which I believe was the source of my constant reinfestation. I highly recommed including the mosquito bits into any thrip treatment stratagies. @Waira thank you for all your help. This plant is in this months BOM/POM, and I just finished weighing her up last night. She went 236 gr or 8.2 oz. So you can see that a thrip infestation is not the doom of a grow. You just have a lot more work and monitoring and you can still harvest a great yield. Here is a pic of the girl at harvest.
vnl-day-121-7-jpg.580434

:drool: Ahhh yeah! :pimp: That's a bud hedge right there! great job on the whole deal HM, and congrat's on the BOM-NOM too-- :d5: and that-:slap: --slaps, all around! :clapper::clapper::clapper:... couldn't ask for a better wrap-up, huh,... And duly noted, on the pupae being vulnerable to the Bt! :amazon: .... Cheers buddy! :cheers: :pass:

hey guys, found the little bastards on my two plants this morning. Noticed the spotting on the leaves about a week ago but didnt see any thrips, plus its my first grow and i thought it might be something to do with nutes etc. Im off to the grow shop soon, they have a product called Epelex which ill probably try. Not happy.

...deck'-- post up in the Infirmary with pics of leaf damage to confirm,.. I like spinosad for this,... they are very mobile vermin, and leave the scene of the crime often!

Right on. Way to go brother!

I use mosquito dunks in basically all of my waterings now and I top dress with crushed up dunks to help keep em at bay. Also always pull all them leaves that are eaten on. They'll have bugs on 'em 8 times outta 10 and just gettin them out is a big help. They don't really fly, they jump and walk from plant to plant so keep em separated too :)

I hate thrips.

Anyone heared about deltamethrin? @Waira maybe?
It's safe? Application for young plants or flowering plants (buds)?

...:toke: Kanop'-- It's a man made/synthetic version of pyrethrum basically, which comes from chrysanthemums flowers,.. it's effects, and hazards are pretty much the same too, but it does seem to have a longer breakdown time,... fine for canna' use, but as with anything, use on buds is best avoided if possible, residues are residues,.. I like spinosad better for this, on plants well into bloom,.. and consider doing that 2-3 part rinse routine on the buds right after harvest, though I don't like the use of hot water described in some protocols,...

...:toke: Kanop'-- It's a man made/synthetic version of pyrethrum basically, which comes from chrysanthemums flowers,.. it's effects, and hazards are pretty much the same too, but it does seem to have a longer breakdown time,... fine for canna' use, but as with anything, use on buds is best avoided if possible, residues are residues,.. I like spinosad better for this, on plants well into bloom,.. and consider doing that 2-3 part rinse routine on the buds right after harvest, though I don't like the use of hot water described in some protocols,...

Thank you again.
I was searching for spinosad, but I'm in EU and one bottle cost 50 dollars.
This deltamethrin is only 10 dollars and it's for 50L of water. More than enough for 1 year I guess. But stinks like hell. I was scared because there was 5-6 dangerous signs on bottle. Cancerogenic, do not inhale, do not touch etc... I'll wash buds like you said in other post. Thanks!

.... that's weird Konop', no such hazard info was listed according to this website-- http://npic.orst.edu/factsheets/DeltaGen.pdf
.... personally, I'm not familiar with deltamethrin... if it stinks, I'd test it on other non-canna plants first, and see how long it persists,... can you get natural pyrethrum? I gather that spinosad bottle is a conc. solution? Hmmm, that label, what does it say about it's use in veggie gardens and such? I don't like this conflicting hazard info Konop',... err on the side of caution, find an alternative if it looks even kinda dicey,... there are other products to battle thrips effectively, but during bud, which I have direct outdoor war experience with, the spinosad product has the least odor and minimal residues, water soluable,.. other products, especially aromatic oil based one, are not wise choices if they still have stink to them, and I've seen them burn too... plus they're oils, not water soluble,... I know it ain't cheap, but it's your call,...

Back