Topping at 21 days?

I’m also a first node remover. I know I’m losing a little yield but it’s easier for me to water and training the 5th is easier than training the 1st. I’m really digging a plant I currently have that isn’t topped but I removed the 4th and 5th nodes as it was growing. Tons of light to the bottom nodes throughout the grow with super limited fan defol which should turn “would be larf“ into loveable buds, and the top grows healthy without blocking light. Im sure to repeat this method often.
There is only one plant I ever grew out in not took a node off or trained it was a sour stomper. I did trim some bud sites off the bottom nodes. But from that never again will i not remove the bottom node. they had nice buds on them but I didnt get any more then if I removed them and the buds where not quite as dense as I like. Still good but could be better. I rather have less denser buds and no bottom branches to deal with. Still make out the same pretty much. And seem like they are always way behind to the others. Rather the energy go else where.

If someone is growing purely for FECO and is
n't too concerned with bud density is there still value in topping?

I’ve read that topping after 21 days is not recommended. Is this a myth? I ask because I’m approaching the 21 day mark, but I don’t have a clean cut for four nodes. Would it be better to let her grow some more or clip it at the third node? Thx.
So technically usally all autoflowers ive grown by day 21 they hit flower and show pistils and u can do it than but no point go past week 4 judt going stress your plant at a very important time of its life to grow

Back