Great looking ladies brother!!! :cheers:
Would be amazing to work with male pollen, if that were only possible :biggrin:

Great looking ladies brother!!! :cheers:
Would be amazing to work with male pollen, if that were only possible :biggrin:
Hey Bob! Night Owl just released like half a dozen auto reg strains on theseedbazaar if you're looking for males. And they ship internationally :thumbsup:

Hey Bob! Night Owl just released like half a dozen auto reg strains on theseedbazaar if you're looking for males. And they ship internationally :thumbsup:
Definitely, a lot of the male autos I've grown have come from their regs. Gnome Automatics too, though I don't know what of theirs is available internationally.

Day 58: Returning
Day 58.

I was away for about a week, the first time I've had a grow running on autopilot since before the start of the pandemic. Before I left I set up a script that encrypted and uploaded my hourly camera images, so I could still keep tabs on how things were going. Unfortunately, I botched the part that was supposed to periodically run it and didn't realize it until I was already away, so that didn't do me any good. If I had, I would have seen the GCxA1 doing this trust fall onto the WAxBM:

falling_50.gif

There was a pretty serious winter storm here, but the power didn't go out, and my hacky automated irrigation didn't flood, leak, or fail to water at all, so given the circumstances things still turned out okay.

fulltent_2.jpg

Here's what the tent looks like now, after standing GCxA1 back up and removing the irrigation lines.

24C1c_full.jpg

(scrolling, scrolling...) The 24 Carat clone has stretched quite a bit! It's about 27" / 70 cm tall, now the tallest in the tent by a ways. It's flowering, but several weeks behind the others, so I don't know if it will finish by the time I need to harvest everything else.

24C1_full.jpg

Meanwhile, the 24 Carat it was cut from is well into flower, filling out and smelling sweet and fruity.

24C1_tops.jpg

Close-up of the 24C tops.

FE_full2.jpg

The Fantasmo Express is also getting quite a bit of resin.

WAF5_full.jpg

As is the Wizard's Apprentice, though its growth is a bit more sparse.

WAxBM_full.jpg

The Wizard's Apprentice x Blue Microverse cross is further along than the others and may be ready to harvest soon, though I'm planning on harvesting everything at the same time. It's got more tip burn than everything else.

WAxBM_tops.jpg

Close-up of the WAxBM tops.

GCxA1_full.jpg

Meanwhile, the Grape Crinkle x Anvil cross #1 is also getting quite frosty and smelling sweet (distinctly like Grape Crinkle), but it's getting pale on one side. It was leaning over pretty sharply for several days, with several of the leaves in front there not getting much light. It has a lot of root growth underneath the bottom of the cup, which probably didn't air-prune because of the automatic irrigation watering <more and a bit more consistently than I do by hand. Eventually there was a wedge-shaped ramen brick of roots leaning it progressively further, until it fell over, held up by the side of the windowbox and by part of the WAxBM.

roots.jpg

Here's a picture of GCxA1's roots in the tray, with GCxA3 behind it.

GCxA3_full.jpg

Grape Crinkle x Anvil #3 also had a lot of extra root growth, but unlike GCxA1 it mostly stayed in the cup, so the coco has been lifted up out of the cup by almost two inches. The same thing happened with the WA, to a lesser extent, and to some of my other plants in a previous grow. I think my automated watering was just right for the right windowbox, but the plants in the left tray (WA, GCxA3, GCxA1) weren't drinking quite as much, so the tray didn't dry out enough for the roots to air-prune. Not necessarily a problem, as long as the roots aren't causing them to tip over.

GCxA3_tops.jpg

Unlike GCxA1, GCxA3 is also purpling. There are lots of purple bracts, and it's extending into the sugar leaves.

Day 63
Day 63.

Much less drama this update. They are flowering, seeds are maturing, at this point I just need to keep watering them and making sure they don't tip over for a few more weeks.

fulltent.jpg

I rearranged them so that the tallest are in the back and I could even out the light they're getting, now (front to back) it's:

- left: Wizard's Apprentice x Blue Microverse, Wizard's Apprentice F5, Grape Crinkle x Anvil (3)
- right: Fantasmo Express, Grape Crinkle x Anvil (1), 24 Carat (clone), 24 Carat

24C1c_top.jpg

The 24 Carat clone is well into flower, but a couple weeks behind the others.

GCxA3_top.jpg

Grape Crinkle x Anvil (3) is really purpling now.

Day 75: Just waiting on stragglers
Most of them are either done or very close, but I'm still waiting for GCxA3 and the 24 Carat clone, which probably need a week or two still.

fulltent4.jpg

24C1_full.jpg

The 24 Carat is super frosty and looking done. Smells really nice too, sweet and fruity.

24C1_top.jpg

24 Carat top.

24C1c_full.jpg

The 24 Carat clone is a few weeks behind, but it's filled out a lot. Probably another week or two for it to finish. It's only a single cola, but should be good for a couple grams.

24C1c_upper.jpg

24 Carat clone top.

FE_full.jpg

Fantasmo Express, also nearly ready.

FE_top.jpg

FE top. Yum.

GCxA1_full.jpg

Grape Crinkle x Anvil #1, nearly done. Smells like Grape Crinkle (sweet, fruity, a bit bright, almost minty) but the Anvil bulked it up a bit.

GCxA1_top.jpg

GCxA1 top.

GCxA3_full.jpg

Grape Crinkle x Anvil #3, probably needs another week or two; it was started later than the others.

GCxA3_tops3.jpg

GCxA3 tops. Some light stress on the upper fan leaves; it's so prone to tipping that it's been difficult to position it where it won't get too much light intensity.

GCxA3_roots.jpg

Close up of the base, root growth inside the cup has lifted up the whole coco mass about 2 inches. The space around the raised up coco is part of why it tips so easily. That mass tends to swell when it's watered, then lean as it starts to dry out.

WAF5_full.jpg

Wizard's Apprentice (F5). Finishing up. Same WA smell as in my last batch, super resinous.

WAF5_top.jpg

WA top.

WAxBM2_full.jpg

Wizard's Apprentice x Blue Microverse. It's been ready to harvest since my last update, and I don't know how much longer I should push it. I could improvise somewhere else to hang dry it, possibly attaching a storage bin to my tent's air intake. It smells pretty strong, so I want it behind a carbon filter. It's very heavily seeded with both WA and WAxBM pollen. I see both WA and BM's traits in this, though unfortunately including WA's weak stems. It's a bit mangled looking, in part because GCxA1 fell over onto it a few weeks ago.

Most of them are either done or very close, but I'm still waiting for GCxA3 and the 24 Carat clone, which probably need a week or two still.

View attachment 1573878

View attachment 1573879

The 24 Carat is super frosty and looking done. Smells really nice too, sweet and fruity.

View attachment 1573880

24 Carat top.

View attachment 1573881

The 24 Carat clone is a few weeks behind, but it's filled out a lot. Probably another week or two for it to finish. It's only a single cola, but should be good for a couple grams.

View attachment 1573883

24 Carat clone top.

View attachment 1573884

Fantasmo Express, also nearly ready.

View attachment 1573885

FE top. Yum.

View attachment 1573886

Grape Crinkle x Anvil #1, nearly done. Smells like Grape Crinkle (sweet, fruity, a bit bright, almost minty) but the Anvil bulked it up a bit.

View attachment 1573887

GCxA1 top.

View attachment 1573889

Grape Crinkle x Anvil #3, probably needs another week or two; it was started later than the others.

View attachment 1573892

GCxA3 tops. Some light stress on the upper fan leaves; it's so prone to tipping that it's been difficult to position it where it won't get too much light intensity.

View attachment 1573893

Close up of the base, root growth inside the cup has lifted up the whole coco mass about 2 inches. The space around the raised up coco is part of why it tips so easily. That mass tends to swell when it's watered, then lean as it starts to dry out.

View attachment 1573894

Wizard's Apprentice (F5). Finishing up. Same WA smell as in my last batch, super resinous.

View attachment 1573895

WA top.

View attachment 1573896

Wizard's Apprentice x Blue Microverse. It's been ready to harvest since my last update, and I don't know how much longer I should push it. I could improvise somewhere else to hang dry it, possibly attaching a storage bin to my tent's air intake. It smells pretty strong, so I want it behind a carbon filter. It's very heavily seeded with both WA and WAxBM pollen. I see both WA and BM's traits in this, though unfortunately including WA's weak stems. It's a bit mangled looking, in part because GCxA1 fell over onto it a few weeks ago.
wow youve got all kinds going on in there haven't ya bro

It's a bit of a hodge-podge, and the uneven heights have made lighting tricky. Thanks for the rep!
ive played plant Tetris many times with all kinds mixed in solo cups 2 litre bottles all at once and there a pain to water though but at least you a committed and I take my hat off to ya

Day 83: Pre-harvest pictures
fulltent2.jpg

Time to harvest. I could have done almost everything at least a week ago (day 70-75), but I was waiting for a few others to finish that were started later (the clone and GCxA3).

24C1_full.jpg

24 Carat. Lots of resin, smells fruity (berries). I'm really liking how this one turned out, can't wait to try it.

24C1_tops.jpg

Close-up of the tops, lots of frosty chunky colas.

24C1c_upper_half.jpg

Oh, yeah, and the clone of it put on some bulk too.

24C1c_full.jpg

The whole clone. It grew as a single-cola plant, stretching up in-between the branches of its neighbor.

FE_full.jpg

Fantasmo Express. Smells hazy. I hope the seed yield is good from the branch pollinated with Wizard's Apprentice, because that cross has a ton of potential. Bet it'll dry-sift nice, too.

FE_macro2.jpg

Fantasmo top cola macro. That trim will not go to waste.

GCxA1_full.jpg

Grape Crinkle x Anvil #1. This one smells relly sweet.

GCxA1_macro1.jpg

GCxA1 macro.

GCxA1_top.jpg

GCxA1 top. Colorful, even if the bracts didn't turn purple like with the other one.

GCxA3_full.jpg

Grape Crinkle x Anvil #3, the purple one. I'm not getting a distinct smell from this one, at least nothing that stands out with the Wizard's Apprentice and GCxA1 nearby, but I like the purple buds. (Counterweight to help keep it from tipping.)

GCxA3_macro1.jpg

While a lot of its stigmas haven't darkened, the trichomes on the bracts are mostly cloudy, so I think it's ready.

GCxA3_top.jpg

One of the GCxA3 tops.

WAF5_full.jpg

Wizard's Apprentice. Stinks like Wizard's Apprentice (very sharp, oddly like green curry), especially when it starts to tip over and knocks into things. You can't really see it from the camera angle, but the stem is leaning a ways out, so the plant's center of gravity is pretty far off past the rim of the pot. Hopefully this one's green-tagged branches are full of WA reg seeds.

WAxBM_full.jpg

Wizard's Apprentice x Blue Microverse. This one was ready to harvest weeks ago. It's hanging on, but some of the fan leaves look pretty rough, and probably made worse by GCxA1 falling on it. I don't know what the dots near the leaf vein are on the particularly yellow leaf top/center, but it doesn't look like any kind of pest damage when magnified, and I haven't seen any pests at any point. Maybe calcium def or something?

Back