Curing, etc.
After a week of hanging whole, I separated out the pollinated branches (which will still dry longer before seed extraction) and trimmed the rest. It will probably be a week or two of burping jars until the humidity settles, but I got a pint or quart jar from everything except the WAxBM, which was small and ~2/3 of its branches went to making seeds. In particular, I'm surprised how much flower I got off the 24 Carat clone, and it smells great.

Numbers
24C1c_bud.jpg

It's been almost a month since harvest. The RH in the jars has settled and I've extracted the seeds. All told, I got ~120g flower (4.25 oz), with more yield from the GCxA crosses and 24 Carat & clone because about half of the other plants' branches were dedicated to making seeds. After separating out seeds I was left with another ounce and a half of very frosty trim from the buds -- I haven't finished dry sifting that yet, but will probably get around 8-10g of kief total. (Pictured: A bud from the 24 Carat clone.)

WA_seeds.jpg

I was hoping to get at least 25 or so Wizard's Apprentice seeds, I think I'm set. :biggrin: I got roughly 700 seeds overall, with a few hundred Wizard's Apprentice x Wizard's Apprentice, at least a hundred from F2-ing the WA x Blue Microverse, a couple hundred (WAxBM)xWA, and 25 or so each of various other crosses.

I'll post again with comments about effects once I've tried everything a couple times.

Tasting notes
As usual, I've been trying these using a vaporizer (dynavap) and bong.

- 24 Carat
Heavy body buzz. Couchlock. Munchies. Feels medicinal, and like a textbook "heavy indica". Pleasant smell and taste, sweet berries. Not skunky at all, which is a big plus to me. Too stony to focus on anything for long, though sometimes my mind wanders to some interesting places. I bet the crosses with this are damn nice, particularly Gold Glue.

- Grape Crinkle x Anvil #1
This is the green one, which seems mostly Grape-Crinkle-leaning (and also literally leaning, it fell over). It smells and tastes almost exactly like Grape Crinkle, sweet and fruity with some lemon zest, but also with hints of mint, which was particularly noticeable when it got cold during the grow. The flower isn't very dense, but has tons of resin and produces thick, oily vapor. It has plenty of GC's zero gravity bliss :biggrin:, and a bit more potency than either parent. Anvil's influence mainly made it a bit taller and bulkier than GC.

- Grape Crinkle x Anvil #3
This is the purple one, mostly Anvil-leaning. It never developed much smell, even after weeks of curing, though what little it has when breaking open a bud fits Anvil's purple earthy/floral profile. Where the GCxA#1 is super resinous/oily, this one has little resin, but tons of crystal, and it produces a lot more vapor than I'd expect from what looks like airy and kinda dried-out flower. Not much flavor, but it's pretty strong. Cozy, stony couchlock, heavier than GC or Anvil. Pretty nice, though I prefer the GCxA1.

- Fantasmo Express
Super euphoric and cerebral, a haze high with a lot of zing. Easy to space out and go on long mental tangents. Not much body to it. Similar to the FE I grew a few years ago, and definitely one I'm going to keep in the rotation. Both smell similar, hazy with a little citrus, and a distictive herbal note that reminds me of something in gruit (unhopped herbal beer). This is a superb haze auto, and it even finishes pretty quick. I like the FE I've grown more than the dispensary Ghost Train Haze flower I've tried, for what that's worth.

- Wizard's Apprentice F5
I've grown a couple Wizard's Apprentices now. It's been consistent for a several traits: a loud, persistent, and distinctive smell (spicy, gassy OG with a green pepper/cilantro side) that carries through to the taste, fairly dense and frosty light-green buds, high potency, unusually rough vapor (cough cough), and weak branches that need support even with a small plant. Last time I grew it I described the high as "mentally unstuck in time", this one's like that too. Compared to the F3 regs I grew before, its branches weren't quite as weak and the vapor was a little less harsh, but only a slight difference. Ultimately, I bet I'd like outcrosses better than WA itself (and I keep hearing good things about Anvil x WA ("Purple Pope")), but it's such an interesting line that I've based two grows in a row around trying to reproduce it.

Some posts on rollitup's endless Bodhi Seeds thread (#12551 & #58120) mentioned that the mysterious "green curry OG" used in WA's photoperiod parent line, Cheech Wizard, is apparently the same cutting Bodhi called "Diablo OG" in later crosses (Devil's Hashplant). From what I've read about Diablo OG it sounds plausible. In any case, I like the Wizard :wiz: naming.

- Wizard's Apprentice x Blue Microverse
I can see both parents in this, though it doesn't smell anything like either: neither "green curry OG" like WA nor sweet (blue/bil/rasp)-berries like BM, but instead a sharp and almost chemical sweetness, like table sugar with a hit of ascorbic acid brightness. It tastes like it smells, but with rough vapor like WA. This had WA's weak branches but a shorter/wider frame like BM, and it also matured rapidly and finished quick like BM. The high is quite strong, and far closer to WA's baked cerebral meandering than BM's happy chillout, despite smelling completely different. It seems popular to claim that terpenes define the high, but this is another case where they seem unrelated :shrug:. I F2'd this one, since I had a male and a female; would be interesting to see what pops out.

Last edited:
Back