Tweaking my MC schedule, thoughts?

I

I am confused as well, for both 1 part and 2 part. I have been using 1 part using RODI water and quit using Cal Mag as I though t my Ca issues were lockout as opposed to deficiency. I have had mixed results. I am switching to 2 part to see if that helps.
Exactly! I want to use Calmag to prevent issues, but then again, I dont want to cause one. Maybe I will just wait and see what the plant tells me before adding anything other than MC and then BE (1 part) :cool:

Wow wow wow................... This is a huge problem for plants.

MY TOWN 2021 WATER REPORT.jpg

Sodium over 50 PPM start to be toxic to plants. Yours is 51 to 93 PPM. This will show up as the plants get older as a general decline in health as the media can no longer buffer it. You need to get an RO system when you can afford one. In the mean time cut your water with DI or water from the supermarket RO systems.

Nutrient Guide.jpg

The chlorine is in normal range and there are no chloramines.

This report is not showing the all important Hardness (calcium) information I am looking for. It will be negated if you get and RO system.

ScreenHunter_311 Dec. 09 11.27.jpg

Wow wow wow................... This is a huge problem for plants.

View attachment 1361679

Sodium over 50 PPM start to be toxic to plants. Yours is 51 to 93 PPM. This will show up as the plants get older as a general decline in health as the media can no longer buffer it. You need to get an RO system when you can afford one. In the mean time cut your water with DI or water from the supermarket RO systems.

View attachment 1361681

The chlorine is in normal range and there are no chloramines.

This report is not showing the all important Hardness (calcium) information I am looking for. It will be negated if you get and RO system.

View attachment 1361680
Thank you my sweet. I cant afford one now, what about using RO water from walmart? I can handle that cost right now.
And there is a company near me that for a pretty decent price can front door deliver RO water in 5G containers if I get tired of lugging the 1G jugs from walmart!!

Thanks @Mañ'O'Green - would you mind giving us your quick thoughts on these questions? :

1. Is MC (1 part) imbalanced in Mg and - if so - at which concentration does the imbalance correct?

2. Is MC (2 part) imbalanced relative to any element, and - if so - at which concentration does the imbalance correct?

This may clear up some confusion (certainly on my part). There seems to be contradictory information out there.

Thank you very much for your help.

Thanks @Mañ'O'Green - would you mind giving us your quick thoughts on these questions? :

1. Is MC (1 part) imbalanced in Mg and - if so - at which concentration does the imbalance correct?

2. Is MC (2 part) imbalanced relative to any element, and - if so - at which concentration does the imbalance correct?

This may clear up some confusion (certainly on my part). There seems to be contradictory information out there.

Thank you very much for your help.
Go here I do not want to hijack or confuse this thread.

Thank you my sweet. I cant afford one now, what about using RO water from walmart? I can handle that cost right now.
And there is a company near me that for a pretty decent price can front door deliver RO water in 5G containers if I get tired of lugging the 1G jugs from walmart!!
Yes, any of those will work. You can mix your tap water 1 gallon to 2 gallons of the RO and you will be ok on the sodium. But we really need to know the PPM of the starting water. We know it will be high because of the sodium but we need an idea of the calcium.

Its really easy to collect rain water, it rains very rarely here in texas and i still am able to collect 75 gallons and that lasts me forever. my rainwater is 0-15 ppm good stuff

New PPM meter should be here in a few days from Amazon :biggrin:

Back