Tweaking my MC schedule, thoughts?

MassMom

Just watchin my daughter enjoy my harvest!
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
I dont....I grow to help others :-)
Hi Peeps! :joy:

I am working on tweaking my 4th grow with MC. I find my seedlings do just fine with MC and nothing else added. Once that pre flower growth spurt hits though, I always run into cal mag issues. Also, I find that if I lower the MC dosage when adding the BE, my plants suffer. I have also never gone above 4g/G of MC....never tried. ??

This is my updated feeding schedule with MC 1part (9-6-17), BE (0-19-39) and CALiMAGic (1-0-0) in coco, in autopots, under Cobs, pH +/-6.0.

Your thoughts?

~Seedlings: MC 2g/G
~Veg: MC 3g/G
~Late veg/pre flower growth spurt: MC 3.5g/G + CALiMAGic 2ml/G
~Early Flower: MC 4g/G + BE 1g/G + CALiMAGic 2ml/G
~Mid flower: MC 4g/G + BE 1g/G + CALiMAGic 2ml/G
~Late flower: MC 4g/g + BE 1.5g/G + CALiMAGic 1ml/G

*Last week flush and use nothing.

XOXO,
MOM
:kiss:

I think the only thing you are missing is epson salt and working that into your current mix could solve the issue.

Thanks guys :biggrin:

Hi Peeps! :joy:

I am working on tweaking my 4th grow with MC. I find my seedlings do just fine with MC and nothing else added. Once that pre flower growth spurt hits though, I always run into cal mag issues. Also, I find that if I lower the MC dosage when adding the BE, my plants suffer. I have also never gone above 4g/G of MC....never tried. ??

This is my updated feeding schedule with MC 1part (9-6-17), BE (0-19-39) and CALiMAGic (1-0-0) in coco, in autopots, under Cobs, pH +/-6.0.

Your thoughts?

~Seedlings: MC 2g/G
~Veg: MC 3g/G
~Late veg/pre flower growth spurt: MC 3.5g/G + CALiMAGic 2ml/G
~Early Flower: MC 4g/G + BE 1g/G + CALiMAGic 2ml/G
~Mid flower: MC 4g/G + BE 1g/G + CALiMAGic 2ml/G
~Late flower: MC 4g/g + BE 1.5g/G + CALiMAGic 1ml/G

*Last week flush and use nothing.

XOXO,
MOM
:kiss:
Hi Mom. The first thing we need to know is what is the PPM of your starting water? If you are on municipal water you should be able to get a water quality report online. We want to look at the Hardness section and the sanitation section. If you live in an old city the plumbing from the well to your tap can change the water chemistry significantly.

Last edited:
Hi Mom. The first thing we need to know is what is the PPM of your starting water? If you are on municipal water you should be able to get a water quality report online. We want to look at the Hardness section and the sanitation section. If you live in an old city the plumbing from the well to your tap can change the water chemistry significantly.

Morning hon! I dont have a PPM meter, mine broke...I have a new one coming from Amazon in a few days. My canna cheese 1:1 lady seems to be doing just incredible (so far!) with just 2g/G MC and 2ml/G CALiMAGic in tap water sitting out 24 hours, pH'd to 6.0. I might have to turn on the rez earlier than my usual 20 days as her leaves are already hitting the sides of the pot at day 14. :biggrin:
I included my towns water report below...I have NO idea what I am looking at :crying:

DAY 11 TO 12 TO 14.jpg

MY TOWN 2021 WATER REPORT.jpg

Last edited:
I think the only thing you are missing is epson salt and working that into your current mix could solve the issue.
I have been reading different posts about this and am a bit confused. Is the consensus that MC (1 part) imbalanced in Mg? Thanks!

I'll let the master explain when he gets a moment, i am just a learner but it seems megapart does not supply everything the plant needs, enough to grow a plant but it might have deficiencies

I have been reading different posts about this and am a bit confused. Is the consensus that MC (1 part) imbalanced in Mg? Thanks!
I have no idea either. I have always used just MC, touch of calmag, and BE....never added anything else or even thought about it :dizzy::)

I
I'll let the master explain when he gets a moment, i am just a learner but it seems megapart does not supply everything the plant needs, enough to grow a plant but it might have deficiencies
I am confused as well, for both 1 part and 2 part. I have been using 1 part using RODI water and quit using Cal Mag as I though t my Ca issues were lockout as opposed to deficiency. I have had mixed results. I am switching to 2 part to see if that helps.

Last edited:
Back