Unsure if we are ready to harvest

Reaction score
Hello friends! First time grower here. This is a Cinderella Jack auto that was put in the soil February 18. I think it should be ready any day, but I'm not getting any amber trichromes. I have switched to only water, but the leaves are still very green besides the top which may have been burnt up a little. Looking for some advice on how long we think we have left. 3 months for an auto seems to be pushing it, so hoping I didn't mess anything up and looking for some words of wisdom. Let me know if you need photos of anything else. Thank you in advance!

20220518_093016aaa.jpg
20220518_093007aaa.jpg
20220518_092955aaa.jpg
20220518_074925aaa.jpg
20220518_074930aaa.jpg
20220518_074935aaa.jpg

Hello friends! First time grower here. This is a Cinderella Jack auto that was put in the soil February 18. I think it should be ready any day, but I'm not getting any amber trichromes. I have switched to only water, but the leaves are still very green besides the top which may have been burnt up a little. Looking for some advice on how long we think we have left. 3 months for an auto seems to be pushing it, so hoping I didn't mess anything up and looking for some words of wisdom. Let me know if you need photos of anything else. Thank you in advance!

View attachment 1460472 View attachment 1460467 View attachment 1460469 View attachment 1460470 View attachment 1460471 View attachment 1460468
Hello not all auto's amber up some go 100 days before harvest. I generally harvest once they are nice and cloudy not clear seams to give the desired affect for me but everybody has different views on what they are looking for :thumbsup:

They are so nicely green and the buds still top on, I'd let them sit AND feed on to one or two days before you decide to chop.
Time is Bud, as long they are milky. Give them more time and they will reward you.

I would wait till the leaves on the buds get more yellow, and trics go at least milky. Hardest part of growing is waiting long enough before harvest. Clip a bud off, dry it and smoke it, it’ll help with the impatience.

uk growers are used to those hiliarous thin cigs...if you are used to that, simply stroke a paper over a smaller but ripe bud, let it dry some minutes, roll it and test the puff -...no need to clip anything off if you are not...well, usa guys will shake their heads, I know *G*

Then I must have given some folk overseas the heebie-jeebies :smokeit:

if i only knew this emoji - great!

@im50tyson :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:Nice plant :jointman: This is always a judgement call but a good rule of thumb is to wait a week longer than you think.

Get a Jeweler’s Loupe:

When the trichome are nearly all cloudy the harvest window opens:

Some clear mostly all cloudy = a cerebral, racy high.

All cloudy with 20% amber = a balance mind/body high

All Cloudy with 40% amber = sleepy time/couch lock buzz

All Cloudy with 50% plus amber = over ripe. Yet some different cannabinoids that may be desirable will become more dominant.

:goodluck:

Thank you for all of the replies. I will plan on waiting another week or so and continuing the way I was before. Is there anything I can do to fix red stem issues? I'm unsure how to reduce the nitrogen in the tent.

Back