Watts per sq ft. How many watts in your grow space

@Dabber, I read about a dozen pages of that (skipping around) but I didn't see much details about your COB setup -- it looks like you have 5, in an X shape, in a ?x? room. Did you keep them at the max height (9' up?) and let the plants grow toward them, lower them and keep them ? feet away, or something else? It looks like an excellent grow and I'm really curious how you're positioning the lights. Could you expand on that a bit? Thanks.

@Dabber, I read about a dozen pages of that (skipping around) but I didn't see much details about your COB setup -- it looks like you have 5, in an X shape, in a ?x? room. Did you keep them at the max height (9' up?) and let the plants grow toward them, lower them and keep them ? feet away, or something else? It looks like an excellent grow and I'm really curious how you're positioning the lights. Could you expand on that a bit? Thanks.
I stat them about 30 32 inches way letting plants grow moving lights as needed for plants around that area . Thats the beauty of autocobs they can be adjusted to meet plant or plants

Damn alot of you guys are pulling some awesome numbers, I'm quite envious.

Im running a small 2x2 because of some serious space issues. It is lit with a Mars sp 150, I believe its pulls 135 true watts. So that would leave me with about 33.75 watt per square foot.

I run a perpetual grow. Cramming 2 Full flower autos, and 2 "Vegging" autos. In the tent at a time. About every 6 weeks I haverst +/- 140 grams dried. So I'm about 1 gram per watt every 6 weeks. Or on a full 90 day cycle closer to 2/gs a watt.

ive done a little upgrade over the past week,
i got a bigger tent so now thats 2.5x2.5x2.0 metres
i also have purchased a third 600w hps
so at 1800w over that size of space should give me approx lumens of "still no idea" :)

ive done a little upgrade over the past week,
i got a bigger tent so now thats 2.5x2.5x2.0 metres
i also have purchased a third 600w hps
so at 1800w over that size of space should give me approx lumens of "still no idea" :)

26.76 watts per square foot

Higher GPWs are certainly found at the lower PPFD ranges. Higher PPFD growing is diminishing returns, always has been, and any 'leaps and bounds' in horticultural lighting isn't changing this fundamental rule. Look at this rule of thumb I posted in context of the other one I post all the time. They are both fundamental and true and not mutually exclusive.

All other things being equal:
lower ppfd = higher gpw
lower ppfd = lower g/sf

Back