What features would you like to see on AFN?

I don't get alerts when people I'm following post. I looked for an option to turn that on, but couldn't find one. Any ideas?

Hey guys and gals, we're actually gearing up to do a fairly major software upgrade for the forum (still the same forum software, just a big leap in the version.)

With this, we'll be losing a couple key features people are used to (reputation is going bye-bye unfortunately,) but with the new version, it opens up a TREMENDOUS amount of new things for us to look at to help improve and add on to the site!

There are a couple key things I'm pretty excited to work on and develop for it; one is a better system for grow journals (akin to a blogging system) that is going to hopefully allow for VERY CLEAN grow journals on the site, where each update is listed by entry and we'll be able to more easily categorize grows.

Here's an example from the demo, where you create a journal and then create entries for that journal, which are sorted via table of contents. You can view an entire grow journal at once (start to finish in the same page,) or click on each individual entry for that specific update. If it work as advertised, this should make grow journals INCREDIBLY clean, vastly easier to read, and if you title your entries by week, extremely easy to follow the growth and progress. And it keeps all comments on each entry at the very bottom, so there's no longer sorting through 10 pages of members chatting to get that next update in the journal.

View attachment 983592

Another feature we're looking at is a type of "article management system," that actually works similar to wordpress, where selected growers become "authors" capable of creating article-like content. We're going to see if we can open this up to vendors (allowing them to post more updates here on AFN in a format that is more familiar) and I've heard several growers on here are blog writers, so would love to figure something out with it! I see it being beneficial and fun!

With our next version, we'll be implementing a light and dark visual style for the site (so two contrasts) and I'll work with our stellar graphic artist to make sure the color scheme jives!

We're still considering some live chat options (where it updates automatically, live,) whether it's a chat bar at the bottom or something similar. When we tested it out last time, we found out our hardware was pretty ancient for what we were demanding (oops lol) but we've fixed that with the new server hardware, so we're going to consider looking at an option for audio/video chatting as well.

We're working with the staff on collating information and data for tutorials better (and working on a plan to get them listed in nicer format, so reading them will be easier and more of a cakewalk then wrestle with a greased pig.)

Is there anything you'd like to see on AFN that we haven't explored or would like us to consider?
As a newbie there were a few things that I would really appreciate. don't quote me as to the exact wording or acronyms but you'll get the drift of what I mean.
1. General Auto grow program ( what to expect in a general auto grow how they're so different from regular grows)
2. General do's and don'ts (topping,fim, manifolding,SOG,SCROG)
3. Difference between the types of plants or seeds you can get (clone, seeds F1 F2 F9) in a simple condensed version that's easily understood.
4. Reputable Canadian seed banks that are reliable to Canadian customers even though this is not a solely Canadian site. Say maybe one for Canada the US or North America or the EU, Australia and other continents etc. Something easier than this hit and miss Hoops of fire you jump through to figure out if it's a reputable Seed Company. Let alone how much they're going to charge you in Bitcoin to get a deal.
5. a picture guide for idiots like me trying to figure out how they're killing their cannabis plants LOL
That's my top 5 besides having a personal cannabis Master Guru who can live stream.A dial a guru to teach you how not to kill your cannabis plant yes. I would love you for any one of these. All of these live in my fantasy land.

As a newbie there were a few things that I would really appreciate. don't quote me as to the exact wording or acronyms but you'll get the drift of what I mean.
1. General Auto grow program ( what to expect in a general auto grow how they're so different from regular grows)
2. General do's and don'ts (topping,fim, manifolding,SOG,SCROG)
3. Difference between the types of plants or seeds you can get (clone, seeds F1 F2 F9) in a simple condensed version that's easily understood.
4. Reputable Canadian seed banks that are reliable to Canadian customers even though this is not a solely Canadian site. Say maybe one for Canada the US or North America or the EU, Australia and other continents etc. Something easier than this hit and miss Hoops of fire you jump through to figure out if it's a reputable Seed Company. Let alone how much they're going to charge you in Bitcoin to get a deal.
5. a picture guide for idiots like me trying to figure out how they're killing their cannabis plants LOL
That's my top 5 besides having a personal cannabis Master Guru who can live stream.A dial a guru to teach you how not to kill your cannabis plant yes. I would love you for any one of these. All of these live in my fantasy land.
#4 is easy- start a post. This one is about US and doing well https://www.autoflower.org/threads/buying-seeds-in-us.73654/

An official newbie FAQ thread so you don't have to start a new one each time when you have a question...
Otherwise,great site!

Forgive me if this is covered already, but pictures that always work with Firefox browser. The ones contained full size in the posts work, but none of the links prior to the software upgrade do, and most of the recent ones that are links do not load either. I almost invariably get the "Oops, there is a problem" message rather than the picture. No idea what the problem is, but it is a shame not to be able to see most of the full size pics.

I would like to see the problem with text being separated when adding photos fixed. a real pita!

Forgive me if this is covered already, but pictures that always work with Firefox browser. The ones contained full size in the posts work, but none of the links prior to the software upgrade do, and most of the recent ones that are links do not load either. I almost invariably get the "Oops, there is a problem" message rather than the picture. No idea what the problem is, but it is a shame not to be able to see most of the full size pics.
same here with firefox

You must be a member of the group the image is in in order to view the full screen version

everytime I post pics from my iphone it separates the text randomly. pita

Back