What kind of water do you use with your plants?

First time indoor grow so may change up, but for now using tap water ran through a Pur faucet filter. Only thing I can’t quite grasp is why tap goes in PH 6.9 and comes out PH 8.8. after being filtered? But then only takes a few grains of citric acid to bring right back to 6.5. Was thinking those filters used minerals to soften the water, but can’t find anywhere that anything is added. Can removing chlorine and impurity’s lower PH that much?

Well my 150 dollar walmart RO system showed up fast. It is a dinky one 1.67 gallon an hour maximum flow 1/4 inch fittings. For every 1 gallon of RO water there is 3 gallons of waste water produced. I am running the waste water direct to my septic. Now that I have water I am thinking about a automatic watering system for my basement grows.

Attachments

• RO system.JPG
    RO system.JPG
    396.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 100_1455.JPG
    100_1455.JPG
    377.4 KB · Views: 78
Rain water collected off the roof with gutters into a plastic 50 gallon drum. This is what I use for my current outdoor grow. I would like to store rain water for my indoor winter grow but dont want algea build up in the barrels.

Was also thinking about aerating the outdoor rain barrel. The ph is usually at 7.0 so i bring it down with vinegar or my own homemade calmag the lowers ph.

DI water only for 3 weeks ( in veg)...then Well water.......ph to 6.4....

While our water source is strictly water well, I use distilled water in the AutoPot system. pH and TDS kept in strict control. General Hydroponics Flora series (Micro, Bloom, Grow), CaliMagic and Liquid Kool. I overplanted and couldn't bring myself to discard the extras so I managed to put the extras in soft pots in the tent and dip out of the reservoir to feed those.

Just now starting first autoflower grow. They are in FF Happy Frog starting container (quart size Cow Pot biodegradable) and just get plain distilled water with a tiny pinch of Supreme Grower's Supre Myco Tea for first feeding (AutoPot won't be turned on for about 10 days yet so can top feed that and not clog the lines). Also, I am a big believer in Supreme Grower's Simply Silica. I use that as pH up in reservoir when they get bigger. The final medium for soil is a mix of FF Coco Loco and FF Happy Frog (Ocean too hot for this grow) vermiculite, and a layer of clay pellets at bottom of the pots.

I use RO/DI water as I also have a 120 gallon reef tank.

City tap water. I collect some in a 5gal bucket, aerate it with 2 air stones and a fishtank air pump overnight. WAAAY high pH like 8.2 out of the tap, I adjust after adding nutrients.

Back