What kind of water do you use with your plants?

First time indoor grow so may change up, but for now using tap water ran through a Pur faucet filter. Only thing I can’t quite grasp is why tap goes in PH 6.9 and comes out PH 8.8. after being filtered? But then only takes a few grains of citric acid to bring right back to 6.5. Was thinking those filters used minerals to soften the water, but can’t find anywhere that anything is added. Can removing chlorine and impurity’s lower PH that much?
My Reverse Osmosis water when I grew hydro was always higher ph also than my tap water. I think stripping the water of minerals tends to change the ph. I dont think it's anything they added in the filters.

wouldnt drink that shit bro. Cancer!
Pretty far from the truth. My water is 300 ppm, while it's not great for my plants or hot water tank, it's great for people to drink. Canada has some pretty safe water. The minerals in our water are more likely to help protect us from cancers than do harm. (Water source: Saskatchewan River)

Pretty far from the truth. My water is 300 ppm, while it's not great for my plants or hot water tank, it's great for people to drink. Canada has some pretty safe water. The minerals in our water are more likely to help protect us from cancers than do harm. (Water source: Saskatchewan River)
Lol look what happened here in my state in Flint, Michigan. I trust no tap water man. Lots of people got fucked up from tap water. I'll drink purified tap water from a brita or pur. I'll drink bottled water or distilled. I'll drink spring water and ro water. But I won't drink tap water. Taste like chlorine and other nasty minerals straight out the tap. We have good water where I'm at too but I still wouldn't trust it or drink it. Theres so many better ways. I'm not risking cancer from tap water.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200906-092128_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200906-092128_Chrome.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_20200906-092055_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200906-092055_Chrome.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 72
ok those studies you link are 20 years old and talking chlorine not minerals. They are also talking about cities in the US that have really polluted source of water requiring higher levels of chlorine. Not really the same thing comparing it to Canadian tap water.. MMMM Canadian water,, Love it.

And the first link was from purewaterpatriot.. They are trying to sell you stuff...

City water, from the tap.
0ppm , 7.0 ph.
If you're in a rush, throw a vitamin c tablet into city water to neutralize the chlorine .
This does not work with chloramine.
Vitamin c is ascorbic acid.

One more Canuck cheering on our water quality :worship: :worship: :worship::vibe:

My city water is 12-16 PPM but I have a 400 gallon reef tank so I just steal the water from my top of res that's ran through a 5foot cluster holding 45 pounds DI Resin 0 PPM out-of that PH is around 6.5

My city water is 12-16 PPM but I have a 400 gallon reef tank so I just steal the water from my top of res that's ran through a 5foot cluster holding 45 pounds DI Resin 0 PPM out-of that PH is around 6.5
Dude, guess why we call it weed? :crying:
It'll grow in gravel and saw dust.
Anything more than that is pampering the plant

Denmark, PPM 220ish-246ppm from tap measured, my plants love it but I dont dare drink that stuff myself. I suspect the water here is full of leftovers from farming as denmark is the most farmed land % per square mile. Shit and pee particles, antibiotics, pesticides, other poison ecc... But yeah the plants love the "beneficial minerals" .... Btw mineral water is a great scam, the best way to get your minerals is not water soluble as an mammal. Plants sure, not us.

Denmark, PPM 220ish-246ppm from tap measured, my plants love it but I dont dare drink that stuff myself. I suspect the water here is full of leftovers from farming as denmark is the most farmed land % per square mile. Shit and pee particles, antibiotics, pesticides, other poison ecc... But yeah the plants love the "beneficial minerals" .... Btw mineral water is a great scam, the best way to get your minerals is not water soluble as an mammal. Plants sure, not us.
I just checked the tap water here in San Francisco it’s 41ppm

was wondering why the leafs on my plants were turning yellow lol

Back