What kind of water do you use with your plants?

There you go

Attachments

• F46F99C5-64CE-47EA-8A30-FD1B4E943B15.jpeg
    F46F99C5-64CE-47EA-8A30-FD1B4E943B15.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 91
I recommend this water filter. Full 5 star rating. Only 100$ on Amazon

I got everything taken care of and RO is 5.6ph and 0ppm. Flushed everything and plants are growing again. Drinking water taste so much different from the tap. Appreciate the advice. I didn't buy that unit but it's decent.

I have been using well water after my water softener. The last grow I was lowering the pH to about 6.5 using lemon juice. But my current grow I am not adjusting anything.
What type of water softener are you using? I am using the salt type and my tap water has about 600 ppm after the softener. It's 300 ppm coming out of my garden hose. That salt would be a plant killer I would think.

Just a note regarding RO. It is outstanding at purifying water, but a household RO system will dump four gallons of water down the drain for each gallon that comes out of the RO tap. That's if the system is working optimally as well.
It might be a no brainer to others, but it came as a shock to me.

Just a note regarding RO. It is outstanding at purifying water, but a household RO system will dump four gallons of water down the drain for each gallon that comes out of the RO tap. That's if the system is working optimally as well.
Specifications on mine say 2 to 1 ratio....but it is still kind of wasteful even if that is a true rate. But much better grow results than the high mineral well water I have...

Specifications on mine say 2 to 1 ratio....but it is still kind of wasteful even if that is a true rate. But much better grow results than the high mineral well water I have...
It's 2 to 1. I usually had a big RO unit sitting on the pier to fill up the water tanks. One of my first engineroom jobs was running the Evap to make feed and potable water.

I added a "Water Saver Kit" to mine, it effectively cuts my waste water in half and doubles my output. A very worthwhile investment that has paid for itself countless times.

RO water is what I use

Rain water or tap, but always spot check the PH and adjust if needed.

Back