Mephisto Genetics White Mephisto Strains

Sorry Stan, I was thinking....
It doesn't makes completely sense what I will say but cheese wasn't a specific pheno of skunk #1? Budda cheese I understood crossed the original cut with something else ( Afghan maybe?).
Livers are not also originally phenotype of Skunk? What's actually distinguish cheese from livers?
The same skunk brought from US to NL and further developed there.

Amnesia also is not an US imported cut which at least me, I know better for the amnesia Haze ( from Nevil Haze).

Bubblegum also wasn't first created in the US from a plant coming from India? Or something similar.

Sorry I am just curious about the origines and history behind several legendary strains. And also I have to admit as EU that US before of any legalisation created some astonishing strain.
Actually this message doesn't make sense:(

I am also very curious about Spain scene and how they are expanding and improving the quality...

I think you misread my comment. I said Amnesia, bubblegum, and Livers were EU cultivars not US.

Our Northern Cheese Haze is Exodus Cheese.

The Blues in our Livers is believed to be a Skunk #1, but this is a regional strain going back almost 20 years now so the history is a bit muddied. See Livers bx strain description.

Livers Bx1 is the culmination of more than 10 years of work and over 12 generations of breeding. Our aim was to make the Livers autoflower more like the original Livers photoperiod by crossing it a second time with the photoperiod and breeding it out until F4, locking in the genetics to create the purest strain in our catalogue to date, ensuring the best consistency, highest potency and greater flavour. History The idea to create this auto strain dates back to before Mephisto was founded, circa 2008, when Mitch and Tim were living and growing together and pondering on how to make autoflowers contain higher THC levels and more delicious flavours. This would start with taking the best cutting we had available to us, 'The Blues' a cutting which was the city's commercial growers bread and butter, and also the generic name or gold standard of quality weed. It dates back to the late ‘80s/early ‘90s, believed to be a variant of Skunk no.1. The Livers was a sister cutting to 'The Blues,' very similar in growth patterns and structure but more intense all-around and way funkier. We would get our hands on this some years later. At this point we were only playing around with early autos, crossing them with other autos to improve upon what was available and explore the variations in the lines we were making, this work also served to create a stable of automatics for the future use in breeding projects. It began with the autoflower parent we called auto purple indica, we crossed that into the blues photoperiod, and four generations later, Auto Blues was born. This was one of the very first automatics we had bred completely from scratch and was so successful we have been using the same methods ever since. When we acquired the Livers cutting, we outcrossed it to our Auto Blues, to create Auto Livers, which was a big improvement of the Auto Blues, but we wanted to refine it and improve upon it even further, crossing it again to the Auto Livers, and working it back to auto in the subsequent four generations. Crossing with Auto Livers now at F4 has completely stabilised the amazing genetics meaning fewer phenotype splits and more continuity between plants.

The Livers is anothe region strain.

The Livers' is an old school cutting that has been kept alive and spread mostly between growers in the North of England since at least the early 90's, the reason being simple: it's incredible as both a commercial producer and as a high quality top shelf head-stash variety. Strains come and go over time, but there's definitely a reason cuttings from this era are still doing the rounds; the Exodus Cheese, Psychosis and Northern lights to name but a few. The only slight downside, if you can even call it that, of the cutting is the intense level of aroma, which is very distinct but delicious. The catch 22 is that often it's impossible to sell any flowers in those areas that aren't this strain because it's all people want and love, but due to the aforementioned odor level it has been referred to as 'prison weed'- but have a good filter and no problemo. It definitely sets the bar for high quality dope.

Hi Stan,
You probably don't have an idea how interesting Is reading your post ( also mephisto description part).

My curiosity about Mephisto selection is still open and will be open forever probably, as I assume the selection of genetic is personal and based on the experience that you have and how much you like specific strains or how easy you can find some.

Unfortunately I missed completely the culture of places like Sheffield, Liverpool, Manchester or Luton and never tried original genetic cut ( neither other forms, no one) so I assume that distinguish strains like blues,livers or cheese is not easy for me ( as I don't have any reference).

I read a lot,( wrongly probably) as much as I could and still do and I thought that:
- Livers was a cut selected from some appassionate and the cut took the name of the person how selected it ( from Liverpool? I don't know).
- I thought blues and livers where almost the same...a synonym for some. For other blues where not an initial cut but a breeding work ( including blueberry on it which apparently wrongly lot of people think is a similar strain to blues...but is not).
- blues/livers are fruity while cheese is funky/skunky
- blues/livers produce less tolerance then cheese with an effect more active ( not sure about this one).

I just bought livers bx...I am very curious about it.
What the difference with sour liver?
What about cheese instead?
What about Northern cheese haze? Is it close to the original cheese? ( How much of the exodus Cheese is on it in your opinion as taste?)
I am probably wrong but there was also a cheese 1:1 or something similar?

Sorry for the long text and thanks for the comments.

I think you misread my comment. I said Amnesia, bubblegum, and Livers were EU cultivars not US.

Our Northern Cheese Haze is Exodus Cheese.

The Blues in our Livers is believed to be a Skunk #1, but this is a regional strain going back almost 20 years now so the history is a bit muddied. See Livers bx strain description.

Livers Bx1 is the culmination of more than 10 years of work and over 12 generations of breeding. Our aim was to make the Livers autoflower more like the original Livers photoperiod by crossing it a second time with the photoperiod and breeding it out until F4, locking in the genetics to create the purest strain in our catalogue to date, ensuring the best consistency, highest potency and greater flavour. History The idea to create this auto strain dates back to before Mephisto was founded, circa 2008, when Mitch and Tim were living and growing together and pondering on how to make autoflowers contain higher THC levels and more delicious flavours. This would start with taking the best cutting we had available to us, 'The Blues' a cutting which was the city's commercial growers bread and butter, and also the generic name or gold standard of quality weed. It dates back to the late ‘80s/early ‘90s, believed to be a variant of Skunk no.1. The Livers was a sister cutting to 'The Blues,' very similar in growth patterns and structure but more intense all-around and way funkier. We would get our hands on this some years later. At this point we were only playing around with early autos, crossing them with other autos to improve upon what was available and explore the variations in the lines we were making, this work also served to create a stable of automatics for the future use in breeding projects. It began with the autoflower parent we called auto purple indica, we crossed that into the blues photoperiod, and four generations later, Auto Blues was born. This was one of the very first automatics we had bred completely from scratch and was so successful we have been using the same methods ever since. When we acquired the Livers cutting, we outcrossed it to our Auto Blues, to create Auto Livers, which was a big improvement of the Auto Blues, but we wanted to refine it and improve upon it even further, crossing it again to the Auto Livers, and working it back to auto in the subsequent four generations. Crossing with Auto Livers now at F4 has completely stabilised the amazing genetics meaning fewer phenotype splits and more continuity between plants.

The Livers is anothe region strain.

The Livers' is an old school cutting that has been kept alive and spread mostly between growers in the North of England since at least the early 90's, the reason being simple: it's incredible as both a commercial producer and as a high quality top shelf head-stash variety. Strains come and go over time, but there's definitely a reason cuttings from this era are still doing the rounds; the Exodus Cheese, Psychosis and Northern lights to name but a few. The only slight downside, if you can even call it that, of the cutting is the intense level of aroma, which is very distinct but delicious. The catch 22 is that often it's impossible to sell any flowers in those areas that aren't this strain because it's all people want and love, but due to the aforementioned odor level it has been referred to as 'prison weed'- but have a good filter and no problemo. It definitely sets the bar for high quality dope.

My favorite White strain is White Crack. Any plans to offer this again?

Hi all,
I am trying my best to understand the genetic linage of mephisto Strains, including their translation for less knowledgeable people like me.
I didn't know Samsquanch OG was a Gorilla Glue version,etc. ( apparently Yeti OG by lompa farm doesn't exist anymore?)

Personally I have clear that certain terpenes of white widow are between my favourite, and I was wondering if the "white" mephisto strains are somehow linked to the white widow family.

Thanks for any advise
A
You might wanna check out the website www.seedfinder.eu it has lineage for a lot of breeders including Mephisto

Quick curiosity.
When looking at mephisto linage. Is it possible to understand which one has been used as male and which as female?
I don’t believe the guys use males in their program.
Honestly, I would bet there are many many breeders that reverse females for use as their pollen donors. Especially with autos. A lot of growers really like the F1 crosses, and having them feminized can really help keeping a room full. And, most of us know what a good female plant looks like. Few know what to look for in a breeding male, (what traits he’ll pass down)…. Myself included. We don’t see them as much anymore.

I’ve often wondered when they bring a strain from photo to auto, how many times (if any) are they back crossing to the photo parent?

Overall, I would expect that if a male is/was used, then the auto would be the male. Just the fact that most photo strains that have been bred over come from cuts/clones which would be female.

Last edited:
Quick curiosity.
When looking at mephisto linage. Is it possible to understand which one has been used as male and which as female?
Just read through their site. Most of the info your looking for is already there
Screenshot_20231129-071737.png

Female x pollen donor

Part kinda requires you to know the difference of one of their auto crosses, or a line they’ve brought over from a photo. They can be tracked back on their site, it takes a bit of work.

Maybe put out kinda what you’re looking for? Those of us that have dropped a lot of their beans will be happy to point you towards things that’ll be more to your liking.

If it’s just about the knowing? Rock on.

Back