Why are my autoflowers so small?

My thoughts are this was over watered. That has to be the easiest way to stunt on of these. I am in coco and use nursery bags to start. And wait 3 days before I feed again from when I potted them. It looks like yours is all ready starting to flower. So it may not get to much bigger. If these were mine. They would be gone. It isn't worth the time and cost to finish them out. I would take this as a learning lesson. And start fresh. Just my take here. If you are worried about transplanting. These little bags will cure that. And also make watering seedlings a lot easier. The smallest size works great

Amazon product

Whatever you decide to do you should inspect the soil and roots when you are finished,
Are they nice and white and robust or are they yellow and black and sparse? Are they root bound? Did the roots fill the soil or just grow around the edges? Are there dry spots in the soil with no roots? Are there pests?
You didn't fail if you can answer some of these questions and figure out what to do or not do next time.
"The more we try the less we fail." - C. Squire

Well, this is as big as they got after 70-plus days. I sure would like to know why both plants turned out so small, tho. I'm just going to bake them, leaves, buds and all, and mix it with another batch of sugar leaves to make cannabutter. Here's hoping they're as potent as they smell.

Attachments

• Sookie and Ursula final.jpg
    Sookie and Ursula final.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 32
I'm just going to bake them, leaves, buds and all, and mix it with another batch of sugar leaves to make cannabutter. Here's hoping they're as potent as they smell.
Congrats! I'd be tempted to dry, cure and vape them anyways...especially if they smell really good :baked: :

My thoughts are this was over watered. That has to be the easiest way to stunt on of these.
Well, this is as big as they got after 70-plus days. I sure would like to know why both plants turned out so small, tho.

How are your roots…any pictures?

If watering in soil was the problem; fwiw, after my first GroBucket grow, I realized that I likely could never effectively hand-water them in soil as well as using a SIP type setup...and hand-watering took significantly more effort and hours per week before.

For reference from that first harvest, the bucket was not sludgy in the bottom at all, which was a welcome surprise, and everything rinsed off super-clean and easy. The tap root went down to the water reservoir and took over that space for the “root-ball” which enveloped the air-stone I use to prevent stagnation (which had to be ripped out)...I assume that must have to do with the oxygenation; and there were also roots throughout the soil (it was a QP+ plant for reference):

IMG_20231025_121110481.jpg
IMG_20231025_121200490_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231025_121429094.jpg

reference topic - genetics is your answer sure one can increase yields "a little" with nutrient line's -To be honest have gotten the best yields from SpeedRun Seeds (aka Mutant Seeds) His Citrus Bubblegum got 7oz's from a 5 gallon - 1lb from a 15 gallon pot. when talking about pot size vs yields have found that a 3 gallon does well as compared to a 5 gallon with much "un-used" soil" Sure there are some monster yields with Auto's but have found that time needed for auto's i - autos do have their place in cultivation but 2.5 -3 mos for cultivation with the end yield of 1oz or less isn't worth growing considering end results (Like to throw a auto in a photo grow and run it like "photo's" with a very small yield before your final harvest - but then again "space" wise I had used the space for another photo strain. If one want a "quick" grow auto's is your answer. Generally some "quick" photo flower times (45days) need a few extra week in the end

reference topic - genetics is your answer sure one can increase yields "a little" with nutrient line's -To be honest have gotten the best yields from SpeedRun Seeds (aka Mutant Seeds) His Citrus Bubblegum got 7oz's from a 5 gallon - 1lb from a 15 gallon pot. when talking about pot size vs yields have found that a 3 gallon does well as compared to a 5 gallon with much "un-used" soil" Sure there are some monster yields with Auto's but have found that time needed for auto's i - autos do have their place in cultivation but 2.5 -3 mos for cultivation with the end yield of 1oz or less isn't worth growing considering end results (Like to throw a auto in a photo grow and run it like "photo's" with a very small yield before your final harvest - but then again "space" wise I had used the space for another photo strain. If one want a "quick" grow auto's is your answer. Generally some "quick" photo flower times (45days) need a few extra week in the end
Given the same space, time frame, and conditions….. I can out yield photos with autos. Yes, they take some time to learn how to grow them well…..but anyone who says autos aren’t worth growing due to low yield, hasn’t figured out how to grow them well. Respectfully, of course.

OP….hang in there…. It’s all about nailing the first twenty days….that’s when the stunting happens. Don’t over water, don’t burn them, avoid transplanting them if you can…. :d5:

Overwatering is the main culprit for stunted seedlings. Autoflowers (most) can generally hand a little “hotter” pot. The leaves would be burnt af if it was nutes. I generally just restart any auto that isn’t thriving all the way thru day 20.

If you reuse pots (I grow in erthboxes) then you need to pay more attention to nute levels as that will kill them.

But, almost always (assuming good genes) it is overwater and sometimes underwater when it comes to the stunted.

If my autos didn’t grow big I’d just grow fotos

Back