Why are my autoflowers so small?

eoe

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
I've had some wild rides since growing my own but this is the wildest. These plants are 45 days old. 45. I keep telling myself to be patient but come one. Aren't they dwarf-like? I didn't do anything different from past grows. Using the same soil, same lights, same nutrients, everything. Could it be the seeds?

SOOKIE & URSULA 11.22.jpg

Another pic or two would be nice, but I don’t think they’re gonna get much bigger at this point.
Strain & breeder?
It’s possible that seeds could be the culprit, but without knowing your setup, how you germinated and sowed, fed, environment, etc I can’t say probable or not.

I just culled a Mephisto plant today that was starting to get that look, leaves stacking too close, no vertical growth. I figure mine was due to cooler than I’d like germination temps and first week.

Lots of factors can play into stunted plants. Buddy of mine had a similar situation, his was due to way too much light early in the grow cycle and before it was corrected they had started flowering. Once they get to a certain point in their life cycle thats it, theres no fixing it.

Give us a low down on what you have done from prep work till now and maybe we can shed some light on what happened. It could be genetics, it could be something else. Also those look like 10 gallon pots. Maybe its just my eyes playing tricks on me but I wouldnt go bigger than a 5 for autos.

Last edited:
I've had some wild rides since growing my own but this is the wildest. These plants are 45 days old. 45. I keep telling myself to be patient but come one. Aren't they dwarf-like? I didn't do anything different from past grows. Using the same soil, same lights, same nutrients, everything. Could it be the seeds?

View attachment 1647882
My first guess would be these plants were stunted from too much nitrogen early on. Also could be caused by habitual overwatering….but I’m leaning toward high N…. :pass:

Lots of factors can play into stunted plants. Buddy of mine had a similar situation, his was due to way too much light early in the grow cycle and before it was corrected they had started flowering. Once they get to a certain point in their life cycle thats it, theres no fixing it.

Give us a low down on what you have done from prep work till now and maybe we can shed some light on what happened. It could be genetics, it could be something else. Also those look like 10 gallon pots. Maybe its just my eyes playing tricks on me but I wouldnt go bigger than a 5 for autos.
As I said, i did everything I normally do. Germinated on the plate, planted in solo cups using seedling soil, once they grew their third set of leaves, I planted them into these 5-gal. pots using Fox Farm. I usually use 3-gal pots but my last grow was 1 5-gal pot and it was fine so i thought since the tent has room, why not try a bigger pot for both plants. I have them on a 18-6 light schedule, my temp and humidity has been easy to maintain this time of year, I gave them nutes for the first time just last week. This is such a disappointment. It's going to ruin my Christmas gift edibles. And I'm running out of weed. How much does an ounce cost on the street these days?

As I said, i did everything I normally do. Germinated on the plate, planted in solo cups using seedling soil, once they grew their third set of leaves, I planted them into these 5-gal. pots using Fox Farm. I usually use 3-gal pots but my last grow was 1 5-gal pot and it was fine so i thought since the tent has room, why not try a bigger pot for both plants. I have them on a 18-6 light schedule, my temp and humidity has been easy to maintain this time of year, I gave them nutes for the first time just last week. This is such a disappointment. It's going to ruin my Christmas gift edibles. And I'm running out of weed. How much does an ounce cost on the street these days?
Depends on where you get it, 200-400. And frank might be right about the N tox being the cause then, fox farm has enough food in their regular potting mixes for about 1.5 months. Your other grows may not have been as picky about food as this one.

Depends on where you get it, 200-400. And frank might be right about the N tox being the cause then, fox farm has enough food in their regular potting mixes for about 1.5 months. Your other grows may not have been as picky about food as this one.
Could be from transplanting also. Autos don’t like being transplanted.

Back