Why are you here? Guerrilla tips....

Ahh ok. LOL! For most of us though, not making a trail is of prime importance.

I'm talking about people with literally 100+ acres of private property and large areas of forest. I know a couple with huge out door operations. But because there is so much farm land and 4 wheelers are so common as far equipment around here nobody notices a thing. It's also hard to notice when your nearest neighbors are literally a mile away. I live in a very rural area.

I absolutely couldn't agree more. Low to no foot print is always the goal for guerilla growers. Another good thing to do is be aware of your surroundings. In my area if cops or game wardens find an outdoor grow in a secluded area, they will often put up game cameras to try to see who is visiting the area. Could be wise to plan for counter surveillance in the beginning with your own game cams to know if you have been compromised ahead of time. You could also do this prior to planting to see if you have any unwelcome foot traffic in the area.

I'm talking about people with literally 100+ acres of private property and large areas of forest. I know a couple with huge out door operations. But because there is so much farm land and 4 wheelers are so common as far equipment around here nobody notices a thing. It's also hard to notice when your nearest neighbors are literally a mile away. I live in a very rural area.
I'm 100% full of jelly. I just need peanut butter and bananas and I'm set to be a snack

Great video with Mean Gene. Almost made me tear up thinking about the struggles of being a gorillia over the years.
Lots of stress, miles and alone time but also alot of success and triumphs from the struggle.

With that I will add best in and out advice is a 15 gallon food grade barrel strapped to a Kifaru backpacking frame.

Hands free, smell free and in a place where it wont get damaged.

So you are out scouting/prepping/tending your plants and you get stopped, whether by civilians or police. If you are in the middle of a grow, tending plants in the ground these wont work, but then you are probably screwed anyway and best keep your mouth shut. If you just happen to be in the 'area' tho, this info might help.

Remember to plan ahead, and have a story ready to go, its easy for just about anyone to tell when someone is making stuff up on the fly, dont get the 'deer in the headlights' look in your eyes!

Take binoculars, lots of excuses with those, birdwatching, scouting for game, etc...

If you are near a lake, river or stream, take a fishing rod and small tackle box with a few lures. Make sure you have a valid fishing license on you!

Take your dog, "dog for a walk" is a good one or if its a bird dog, say you are practicing flushing game, preping for hunting season. Depending where you live, this may be risky for your pet, in some areas cops shoot dogs for fun these days...

When carrying growing supplies, dirt, ferts, shovels etc. Take some cheap garden plants with you. A bag of onion sets for example will give you reason to dig many holes. Tell them you have no place to grow vegetables, so you are experimenting with growing them in the
wild. Say you read about it on the internet!!! Just have nothing specifically ILLEGAL on you, cops might think its weird, but if you appear honest, shouldnt be too hard to sell.

Mushroom hunting around here is common enough to use as an excuse. I actually will carry a bag and collect some mushrooms when Im out 'exploring', also a digi camera with mushroom pics, or a mushroom identification book will really help you sell this one to anyone suspicious enough to ask.

Another that works well in areas where there is game is "shed hunting", many hunters will spend a lot of time after regular season walking in backwoods areas collecting discarded antlers. Get a deer antler and take it with you, to show someone your new 'trophy' if you are stopped. I actually found a really nice moose shed last spring when I was out preping spots, when I got back to my truck some locals were there and they were very impressed, one even offered to buy it from me!

Above all, always be OVER THE TOP friendly with anyone you encounter, act innocent, even if you arent.... Dont use any drugs when you are out in the woods, alcohol or even cigarettes. Appear clean, wear appropriate clothing for the activity you are 'claiming' to do, appearance is important. Not many birdwatchers out in the woods with $20 binoculars and ripped up jeans and dreadlocks....

Back