Why are you here? Guerrilla tips....

Camo clothing is a good investment also. I've literally had other hunters walk within 10 feet of me and not see me, when I've been out hunting squirrels. Just last night I bought my guerilla gear camos, found some Real Tree camos on sale for 70% off!

Another tip, when you reach the spot you plan to plant, sit and watch and listen for 10-15 minutes. Your less likely to be taken by surprise if there are other people in the area. Stop and listen every few minutes.
I know this old but that's a good way to be mistaken for medium size game. Wear bright colors and strip them off about 5 mins away lay blanket over bright clothes don't get shot!

If your foolish enough to be out there messing with canna during big game hunting season, nothing will protect you from the idiots in the woods. I've spent 60 years in the woods hunting and otherwise and I'm telling you your safer in camo! A buck fevered newbie seeing color and movement will shoot you for sure, red and Blaze orange wont matter.

I know this old but that's a good way to be mistaken for medium size game. Wear bright colors and strip them off about 5 mins away lay blanket over bright clothes don't get shot!

If your foolish enough to be out there messing with canna during big game hunting season, nothing will protect you from the idiots in the woods. I've spent 60 years in the woods hunting and otherwise and I'm telling you your safer in camo! A buck fevered newbie seeing color and movement will shoot you for sure, red and Blaze orange wont matter.
Best advice is know your areas hunting seasons! I live in an area with a coyote problem so some people use traps. That's what keeps me out of the super dense wooded areas where there's so much growth at your feet you can't tell what you're walking on. HAve u heard of people growing in bags in trees? I thought about that this year but wouldnt know how to do that!

I've heard i've of it. Sounds like more work than it's worth though, and a bit dangerous having to make multiple climbs of trees.

Best advice is know your areas hunting seasons! I live in an area with a coyote problem so some people use traps. That's what keeps me out of the super dense wooded areas where there's so much growth at your feet you can't tell what you're walking on. HAve u heard of people growing in bags in trees? I thought about that this year but wouldnt know how to do that!

Growing in trees isn't really a new thing and it's not as hard as it may seem. the primary advantages to this is it keeps deer from eating your plants, it's a little harder for slugs to get to them, and usually when people are looking for pot plants they are looking down not up.
If you are only doing it for the pest reasons, you only need to place it around chest height, so you don't actually need to do any climbing. However, for the purpose of avoiding cops and thieves I've seen people just run their plants in tree stands and blinds. Keeps them out of sight and makes it harder to fallow the smell too.

As far as getting started you could simply nail a fabric pot to a tree. Just put washers on the heads of the nails to prevent the pot from tearing because of the weight.

The biggest problem I see in these methods is a tremendous amount out of work to water your plants if there is an extended period without rainfall.

I live out in the sticks, I know a few people who have rigged up small water tanks on their 4 wheelers and use sprayers so they can just drive up, spray, and on to the next.

As far as getting started you could simply nail a fabric pot to a tree. Just put washers on the heads of the nails to prevent the pot from tearing because of the weight.

The biggest problem I see in these methods is a tremendous amount out of work to water your plants if there is an extended period without rainfall.

I live out in the sticks, I know a few people who have rigged up small water tanks on their 4 wheelers and use sprayers so they can just drive up, spray, and on to the next.
Brilliant

4 wheelers with water tanks? might as well pave a road and post signs saying Weed This Way!.............. lol

Funny but informative....I don't usually grow guerilla but if I do, I'll print this thread to know what to do and not to do.

4 wheelers with water tanks? might as well pave a road and post signs saying Weed This Way!.............. lol
I'm talking about people with literally 100+ acres of private property and large areas of forest. I know a couple with huge out door operations. But because there is so much farm land and 4 wheelers are so common as far equipment around here nobody notices a thing. It's also hard to notice when your nearest neighbors are literally a mile away. I live in a very rural area.

Back