Indoor Wild Bill's multi-breeder Grow & Show under MarsHydro SP6500

Howdy mate , For some reason I am not getting notifications for you thread . anyway I am here now . Pumice is great stuff and lasts for upto 5 years , I can get it from the local beach , when I use it I just sift out the bigger bits with small wire mesh and I am realy interested to see how the Asian Haze turns out . :thumbsup:
I think the Haze may do quite well in pot and Earthbox, but the EB girl is primed for take off with stem thickness and I suppose a more mature and established root system.

REGULAR SUNDAY UPDATE

Girls are progressing well, some better than others. Got ANOTHER unexpected rain that screwed up feeding plans on the open pot girls. I'm just waiting for the pots to dry out so I can feed, I'm straining off some of my FFJ so I can give the flowering girls some food.

Girls in the Earth boxes are doing good, but Asian Haze is doing better than the AVT in the EB. Maybe the AVT is a different pheno than the other AVT, but she looks good and is making flowers nicely. I'm happy with the worm and other helper activity in the topsoil of the box. I think the hay is working quite well in keeping temps down and it's not really much of a hassle. The EBs have been drained for two days. I think I can safely feed both on Monday.

GROUP PIC!
IMG_20210704_070337609_HDR.jpg

Mephisto Alien VS Triangle #1 DAY 37 Looking good, but she just haven't taken off in EB style yet
13inches tall

IMG_20210704_070501531_HDR.jpg

Mephisto Alien VS Triangle #2 DAY 37 Trucking along nicely
21 inches tall
IMG_20210704_070510845_HDR.jpg

La Buena Hierba: Asian Haze #1 DAY 35 .......still no sex. Only one inch taller than the other, but MUCH thicker main stem. I think she's gonna be a big girl!
25INCHES TALL
IMG_20210704_070443928_HDR.jpg

La Buena Hierba: Asian Haze #2 DAY 35.
She has shown sex, but very different than any other auto. I saw sex vat a top node, one node below the new growth. Then a day or so later on the branches she showed sex. But still nothing on the main stem.
24 INCHES TALL
IMG_20210704_070452961_HDR.jpg

Pinky Tuscadero Auto #1DAY 35
Doing well and starting purple up on the buds
14 INCHES TALL
IMG_20210704_070354149_HDR.jpg

Pinky Tuscadero Auto #2. DAY 35..............Not very much progress. I assume she is struggling with her roots and too much moisture with the rains.........or he could be just a runt. Her leaves have always been different.
13 INCHES TALL
IMG_20210704_070407205_HDR.jpg

Fast Buds Bruce Banner .DAY 37 Still growing well, but the rains have slowed her growth a little. Just 3 branches to LST
19 INCHES TALL
IMG_20210704_070421641_HDR.jpg

Fast Buds Wedding Glue DAY 32 Just cruising along
16 inches tall
IMG_20210704_070431892_HDR.jpg

I checked the girls at day break with my canna coffee. :eyebrows::eyebrows:
Man, these Asian Haze are gonna be tall girls! LOL! :growing:

I'm hoping that I can water and feed today. It's gonna be a flowering feed. I'm still gonna give it to the Haze. It's not gonna hurt and I'm not custom mixing stuff. I don't think they really need it, I'll add a little Recharge, but diverse microbes is good.
It will be a diverse feed of liquid ingredients of humic, fulvic, and amino acids, FFJ and 1/4 dose of Eden BlueGold - Fusion Flower.
No topdress of ewc or Craft Blend this time. I'm happy with the feel and bio-activity. I saw several worms in the 15gal Haze when I lifted the hay. I thought that was a bit amazing with the temps. Need to put avocados in there!
I'm just hoping I can keep the EB Haze on her current pace. The thickness difference between the two is quite striking!
You all know what they say about those girls with 'thick stems'!!!! :eyebrows::eyebrows::rofl:

edit..............................
The Haze in the 15gal pot is above the top of the bamboo stick this morning. :eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:
Sunday's pic.
IMG_20210704_070452961_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
All the outdoor girls got their feeding.

Both EB girls received a quart to keep stuff outta the rez. The Asian Haze in the EB was just slightly drooping from an earlier check about 2pm. That was what I wanted to see. I took it for just starting to need water......the amount it has been getting used to in the EB.
30 min after she got watered, she perked up and went back to tracking the sun. :headbang:
The EarthBox girls and the 15gal Asian Haze each got a avocado for the worms. Should be good for about 8 days between the worms and compost mites and other bugs. Maybe they'll make sum babies.
I'l check the rez tomorrow to see if any made in down in the rez. I don't I'll find any. If they are dry tomorrow, I'll give both a gallon of water with humic acid.. I'll just see how they react
Each 10gal girl and 7gal AVT got half gallon and the 15 gal Asian Haze got just shy of 3/4 gal divided in two waterings about 30 min apart..

Hopefully the scatteering showers will scatter some other place for a couple of days and these girls can get busy!

A check at dawn reveals some very happy girls! Everyone is up, looking for the sun and praying hard.
I'm going out and replacing the 15gal Haze bamboo with a longer one and go ahead and put one with the Eartbox Haze, just not tie to it just yet. She's much thicker in her structure and she currently doesn't need it tied, but it could be helpful to loosly tie her to the pole as a safeguard for wind from thunderstorms
The Haze in the EB should be starting to drink pretty heavy pretty soon. The Haze in the 15gal pot is flowering all over. Maybe one is going to be fast and the other just a photo. Maybe she's slow, but I don't really care either way. If she is a photo, she will be big for sure.

Finally! LOL!
I thought I was Jinxed or something.
Fuge State is the first to show signs of breaking the surface. I guess I've become spoiled with very quick sprout times.:biggrin:

Asian Haze #1 in the EarthBox showed sex
I wasn't able to add water to the EB AVT. She did have some water in the rez. She still had a little water in the rez when I fed them all the other day. It was more important to get her fed vs draining out some water. So I drained her rez and will probally give her some rez water on Sat or Sunday.
The Asian Haze was ready, so I went ahead and gave her a Gallon and a half. Hopefully she will ready for more by Sat or Sunday. If it's gone by then, I'll go ahead and fully fill the rez. I do know her roots are in the rez. When I filled the rez, her top most new growth drooped a bit from praying............or it could just be from good roots in the wicking area.

I'm not gonna use bokashi for at least the remainder of this run. The compost mites just eat it up before it can do anything! LOL!
Worms already found the avocados and are already making phone calls for sum "worm dating", :eyebrows:

@WildBill Anyway we can convince you to create an EarthBox grow guide after harvest? I believe it would be of significant interest to the AFN community (and certainly to me as I am seriously looking into this as an outdoor solution). TIA

@WildBill Anyway we can convince you to create an EarthBox grow guide after harvest? I believe it would be of significant interest to the AFN community (and certainly to me as I am seriously looking into this as an outdoor solution). TIA
I think it's a good idea. Not really a central location for info. on EarthBoxes.
I could start a thread that all of us can contribute to when I make another EB run. It may be the next one or the one after. I should know enough about outdoors from this run to make some good points.
I do think there are significant differences between outdoors and indoors to make notes.
I'll just see how this run turns out. I may have a SOG to do if my seed making turns out well with Sour Stomper.
Looking at the way Bruce is going, she would be a very nice candidate for an EB grow.

Back