Indoor Wild Bill's multi-breeder Grow & Show under MarsHydro SP6500

Had too many Pics attached! LOL!

MEPHISTO SOUR STOMPER DAY7
FOR REVERSAL
Doing fantastic!!!!
IMG_20210715_130001864_HDR.jpg

I found where I 'stashed' my flashlight!........yeah......stoner crap! :funny:

So I went outside to check Asian haze #1 rez, but I knew the answer before I got there. She had that ever so slight droop. A visual check of the fill tube showed empty. That's getting closer to good water consumption! So I will be able to feed her first thing in the morning. and water the rez the next day.......................if no random rainstorm Monday afternoon.
LOL! Funny how simple things make ya happy when growing canna, huh?
I sure hope the rain holds off this week for the rest of the girls.

I gave Asian Haze #1 in the EB 2 solo cups of ewc, mounded up a fair amount of compost and gave her a good just shy of a half gal of the humic mix with FFJ, little bit of amino and Recharge. She'll get her rez filled tomorrow with humic water.
I gave AVT#2 a half-gal of the solution. Her pot was a little light.
I diluted my solution after mixing to get to a medium feed, so I had a little left over. I really want to feed the potted girls and also the other EB girl.
Well, I did take a smoke while feeding the Haze. In came a thought from the past!!!:headbang: I had a lot of Oak trees, Native Pecans and many fruit trees. I WILL NOT use any kind of 'tree paint' on cuts or cracks in limbs or bore holes. All that stuff is for trying to keep bugs out while the tree heals.
Now, this is NOT stoner methods, but you'll sure think so after I tell you. I needed to find an organic solution. Then GrandMa spoke, "Don't you remember my tree balm?" and I her snicker. She always snickered when she said 'tree balm'. It was her made up name for the stuff she had ME put on her trees...........and I'm the one that mixed it up.:biggrin:

GrandMa always had plenty of compost. We had friends with farms and cows. Grandma's 'tree balm' was just finely sifted compost mixed with cow manure into a thick slurry. This was protective from insects and provided a good environment to heal. It worked then and when I used it at my farm.

After that long ass diatribe,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I mixed enough of my compost, NOT finely sifted, into what solution was left to give it a bit drier consistency than when making 'tree balm'.

I gave the other EB girl a good layer of compost.........only slightly more moist than on the top of the media.
All the other open pot girls got a light layer with just picking up the hay, adding compost and laying the hay back down and working my way around. Lots of great activity below the hay. Worms should love that mix. Lots of stuff readily available to everyone.

Will this become a regular thing? I highly doubt it. BUT.........I do kinda want to think about my end goal. It could be a way to use my KNF inputs, humic and amino acids and cycling microbial inoculations WITHOUT the worry of having runoff go in the rez. I think that's a huge plus
This would also mean that I could have a shorter dry rez period. Once I see a dry rez, if it calls for feeding, I can feed the next morning and then go ahead an add water to the rez.

The more it think about it, the more I like it. I'm not worried about any kind of packing with the worm activity. Not thick enough to heat up. The wicking with this compost is very good. Other than being messy, I really don't see any downside honestly.
I think I could start using this on the open pots girls too.

Any input on this is very much welcomed and appreciated!!:headbang::headbang:

I just used up something and accomplished a bit more that what I thought was gonna happen early this morning.

This sure brought back some smelly memories! LOL!

Oh yeah, Asian Haze got her rez filled!:eyebrows:

Last edited:
I'm ready for her flowering growth spurt!!! I thought I'd have to use stretch garden tape on the first rung, but I attached the net to the assembled square and was able to use velcro tape to stretch the center square from each side to get it over the plant and then release each side. The first level is two feet off the ground., The second and third levels are one foot each. I can add another if needed.
I'm out of gas for my torch, so I'm gonna see if I can get a guy to bend my pieces of rebar for anchors and get another net.
I made it so it will just fit inside my tent in case I want to use it there. I think I'm gonna zip tie the net to the frame.

IMG_20210720_201848167_HDR.jpg

ENVIRONMENTAL LESSON LEARNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I sure hope someone may learn from this!!!

With 4 15gal pots in a 4x4 tent and a little 3gal pot in the middle, I couldn't put my humidifier inside my tent. Well, no big deal, I'll just put it next to the air intake at the bottom of the tent on the left side of the tent and exhausts at top rear in my group pics. With just little seedlings, I figured one fan would be fine to circulate the air. This seemed to be working fine...................until about the 7th day, I noticed something.
Sour Stomper has been raging her little ass off! At first, I thought it was just strain difference, but she's sooooo much bigger It's quite dramatic too.

The next thing I noticed was that the girls at the back of the tent have progressed more than the front. Again, at first I thought it was strain related. By Monday and Tuesday, it was just stupidly evident there was something wrong. I had a passing thought several times, but blew it off each time. This morning, I just had to frigging do something!

The passing thought I blew off was from what I could see how the vapor came thru the tent. The exhaust fan would draw the vapor in the vent and the two left big and TALL 15gal pots would direct that vapor right at Sour Stomper in her small and SHORT 3gal pot.

With having on the front left circ fan on, it just pushed that vapor way from the front of the tent and towards the back. Maybe it would have not been quite as dramatic, if I had just the right rear circ fan on or both on.

I put the humidifier in the middle of the tent and turned on both fans blowing down. Sour Stomper went inside the small tent and I threw in my small humidifier inside. I brought the light down to give her a ppfd around 550.

Conditions in the 4x4 are far better. I restricted the vent opening quite a bit to get more velosity coming in, but a bigger pressure drop. I can now feel the humidity when I unzip the tent. Maybe now I can see them take off.

I'm a little pissed at holding them back at the most important time, but I think they will come back with a vengeance. I think it's a very good lesson learned though and hopefully someone may learn and avoid this. Air flow can be very critical.

SOUR STOMPER 10 DAYS OLD
IMG_20210721_095412085_HDR.jpg

VIDAMINTS 10 DAY OLD
................ Yeah, pretty dramatic!
IMG_20210721_095539277_HDR.jpg

Tent now
IMG_20210721_095546084_HDR.jpg

Your threads are always a treasure trove of interesting information. Love the stories you pepper it up with. Old family recipes and tricks and the like.

Excellent plant work too. That haze #1 is ridiculous! So tall.

Your threads are always a treasure trove of interesting information. Love the stories you pepper it up with. Old family recipes and tricks and the like.

Excellent plant work too. That haze #1 is ridiculous! So tall.
Thanks man!
I try to be entertaining and informational, but sometimes I just get high. :baked:

I just hope someone can learn from the above post. I sure as hell did!

TUCK TUCK TUCK!
TUCK TUCK TUCK!
TUCK YO CANNA!

TUCK YO CANNA!
:funny: :baked:
IMG_20210722_202740071_HDR.jpg

Got another net today and tucked away and spread those stems out. It's not a stretchy net, but it works fine.
The top rung is a little over 5ft tall/ She's getting close to being as tall as me in that EarthBox.

Come on girl and pack it on! I'm ready fer ya!!

LMMFAO @ ASIAN HAZE IN DA EARTHBOX!!

And I thought 10in in a week was damn good! She has cranked it up a bit! I just checked her rez, still a little left, and measured her at 62inches.

Back