Yellow tips on new leaves

M

maxtor84

I noticed earlier today that I am having an issue with the top leaves starting to turn yellow at the tips.

Soil - FFOF
Genetics - 60 day wonders
Water PH - 6.7 / 6.8
Water runoff PH - 6.5/6.6
Soil PH - 7.0-6.8
Day - 30

I added a 1/4 tsp of open sesame this watering. (Yesterday)

Curious if it was just that the plants are hungry and the nutrients I added will help rebound or if it is something else?

looks a little like P k deficiency... probably due to ph being out... soil ph shoud be 6.3-6.5 I'm guessing that will help... but maybe a light shot of flower nutes as well... not sure the content of open sesame

see ph charts:

ph vs uptake.gifph vs uptake 2.jpg

also this will help:

http://autoflower.net/forums/showthread.php/11-Basic-Deficinecies-List?highlight=diagnose

Thank you for your response JM.

Your answer opens an additional question for me though...
It seems, according to the charts that both P and K can be absorbed properly because the soil PH falls within the correct ranges.
It is most likely that I am reading the charts wrong.
I was wandering if at all possible you could explain it more simply?
I'm really not trying to ask for any hand holding or anything like that... I just want to fully understand and it doesn't seem like I am correctly grasping the concepts given from the chart.

I appreciate any and all responses and want to thank everyone for the patience.

Yeah... I can explain a little better... you'll notice when you look at th charts that there are "sliding scales" so to speak... now it may seem like its available and therefore fine... but remember, just like us, plants need a specific ratio of nutrients... so as you go up and down the ph scale... you'll be changing the ratio btween the elements your plants are seeking... if the ratio is wrong... they starve on one and have an excess of another etc etc... hope this helps

glad to help m8!

also:

more in depth explanation of ph...
http://www.aquaponicsusa.com/Blog/Entries/2008/12/7_Aquaponics_USA_Water.html

the above link referrs more to fish aquairums... but lets face it... its really very similar.

hope this helps and feel free to ask more questions... Knowledge is Power!

Back