Indoor kfigerm tries his best

Hey @St. Tom , thanks for peeping in. It's my 4th try [started this thread with the first try, so go back and have a look, already documented a lot] with them and i am rather happy with them. They are very forgiving and to me it's a drop-in replacement for hydro/dwc without all the hassle of daily checking all parameters. For me it works (until now,still), some others have good success too and some aren't as happy..

This time it's a hard time with the beans germinating, perhaps didn't store them properly or the lot was simply bad.
The latest wedding cake popped open, but the second runtz doesn't move after 3 days...and the mimosa cake seems to rot - the root doesn't develop further.
But i hope i can show all you some nice plants growing soon and do them pyramids right.

Stay tuned, stay calm and chilled - it'l be boring anyway most of the time.

Cheers! :pass:
It's always boring till they hit late veg or flower isn't it bro also can you tag me please as they proceed

second fb mimosa cake was just dumped, also did't develop. Now the third and last of the pack goes into the water.
This is some kind of making me nervous, cos i get a feeling that perhaps something with storing the seeds went wrong over the summer.
Never had such a mess. And all that right after praising the seed quality. Sometimes i just should shut up.
the wedding cake sprouted and is up and opened her seed leaves - day1 will be perhaps tomorrow for her.
Now there es at least a spread of 2 Weeks from first to last, so i guess i will have to manage multiple nute solutions, but i will try to minimize that.
But it will presumably not as relaxed as i hoped for in the bloom transition phase.
Cheers!

bf glue gelato auto,bf wedding cake auto, fb mimosa cake auto - day 7 / 1
So yesterday was funny. I was on my way to the trash, when the mimosa cake in the crumbled paper popped open and i saw the sprout.
So she is back in the game in the last minute...actually second. The third of them was already in the water, what a pity.
So we have
glue gelato - 8cm
wedding cake - day 1 today for her -3cm
mimosa cake - just developing, but no one will be left behind (I have the last mimosa cake bean now already soaked and look how she does - if she pops fast, i'll plant her together with her sister on the same pyramid - :-o )

@St. Tom and all the others - the floor is set

2023-09-26-173313_002.jpeg

no feed yet, just kept the surface moist. The third pyramid will be prepared in 2-3 days when the roots of the last bean come through the cube.

bf glue gelato auto,bf wedding cake auto, fb mimosa cake auto x2 - day 7 / 3 / 1
The second mimosa cake sprouted rather fast so i did what i announced - a nice little experiment.
so look what I have done:
2023-09-28-141020_002.jpeg

i cut one cube in half to put them as support under the two upper cubes - the green stiks are just temporarily there, hope the roots themselves fill fixate the whole construction once they go in.It was just about the right time, cos the roots of the first mimosa cake just penetrated the cube.
Those two hopefully grow nice together, i will trim and HST whenever they interfere too much
Heres' an overview. after the preparation

2023-09-28-141020_003.jpeg

The second mimosa cake sprouted rather fast so i did what i announced - a nice little experiment.
so look what I have done:
View attachment 1635080

i cut one cube in half to put them as support under the two upper cubes - the green stiks are just temporarily there, hope the roots themselves fill fixate the whole construction once they go in.It was just about the right time, cos the roots of the first mimosa cake just penetrated the cube.
Those two hopefully grow nice together, i will trim and HST whenever they interfere too much
Heres' an overview. after the preparation

View attachment 1635079

men never grow out of building with blocks.

it is so odd to see things and how they develop, when you were there in the process of their invention ,but later on you have nothing more to do with it..
you just kicked me in a mood with your glass... @Hotfire
<moody>
So I just tell you about history I was part of (as i know it): I was the group of guys that first ordered a bong with ice-molds, heads with perfect width to fit 9mm active-coal-filters in and later we invented and ordered the first diffusor - all handmade and which actually haven't changed much til today.
Precoolers were very easy to add, cos the fittings from medical labs work perfectly. Cleaning the parts with isopropanol and salt -a glass stopper from the lab also fitted...all back in 95/96.
Then there was (one of) the first (european) vaporizer around as well a year later which I was part of making and testing the prototype. We were students in real stoner-tech mood....now 28 years later the stuff made it around the world. Whenever I see people happy with the glass gadgets i get a smile on my face and it makes me think about the old chaps...who they became and what they all do today...

At least the producer of the stuff took off and brought the stuff to the world for more happy people.
I not often tell the stories [too weird details for public] and it will be dug here in the thread.
</moody>

bf glue gelato auto,bf wedding cake auto, fb mimosa cake auto x2 - day 13 / 9 / 7 /2
Do from now on all girls are in the race and i'll give alt least weekly updates whenever possible.
I fed all pyramids today til runoff with 3,5-3-0-2 of my nutes which gives NPK 16/7/21 PH 5.8 EC 1200. Diluted the runoff a bit with RO water but let it sit in there - no waste!
Lights are at dli 32 on the "biggest" baby and RH sunk today below 50 but is adjusted back to 60+
Everything is cozy for flora and fauna, we have a nice autumn here.
So here are the little ladies

2023-10-02-173307_002.jpeg

and a birdview from above the lights
2023-10-02-173307_003.jpeg

bf glue gelato auto,bf wedding cake auto, fb mimosa cake auto x2 - day 20 / 16 / 14 /9
an easy week passed and all is lush and green. About 10 mins maintenance every day. They are all getting the same feed as before. While just keeping the small pyramids moist using the res i see some N excess on the littles, but all OK, no damage - will not change anything, the pyramids take care of this. The oldest lady soon wants more, so I will first feed the big one to runoff, then dilute water in the res to get a lighter mix (guessing I'll go with EC1400 and dilute back to EC 1200 for the smallers).
They are still fed 3,5-3-0-2 of my nutes which gives NPK 16/7/21. PH 5.8.

Here are the pics - rearranged a bit and was in a hurry, thus not too nice pics this week.

overview
2023-10-09-113407_004.jpeg

two mimosas on a pyramid
2023-10-09-113407_003.jpeg

wedding cake - here you can spot some mold plaques on the pyramid - will watch that, but i think it will play out well.
2023-10-09-113407_002.jpeg

and the glue gelato - topped her today and she stands at 28 cm atm. Again very dense growth, but nice shape - the branches already start to grow out the main cola(s), so I hope i will see a nice canopy at least on her.

2023-10-09-113407_005.jpeg

my little chichen itza will soon be hidden under the jungle again

Cheers! Have a nice week! :pass:

Last edited:
bf glue gelato auto,bf wedding cake auto, fb mimosa cake auto x2 - day 22 / 16 / 14 /9 - evening addendum
So i saw the humidity rising now that one taller girl is in there. So I decided to do some training and pluck off some inward bound leaves .
Then i was also raising the DLI to 45 on the tall girl, the smalls get 32-35 at approx 45% of the lights power.
The lights now draw 240w from the wall, the whole setup needs ~260w atm.

glue gelato after first treatments today - topped in the morning, trained in the evening
2023-10-09-201818_002.jpeg

Cheers!

Last edited:
bf glue gelato auto,bf wedding cake auto, fb mimosa cake auto x2 - day 23 / 19 / 17 /12
rearranged a bit. The bigger one showed me a slight def of P and K, so I switched to 4-5-5-4 Ratio / 8-6-12 NPK.
Also again plucked some leaves.

The wedding cake gets the same mix now. See some rust spots on her, cos i , The girl became N heavy, cos she sat too long in the strong runoff in the first days when her roots went down - then i diluted her runoff too much with RO, so rusty spots came immediately cos of lacking Ca. The early switch to 8-6-12 NPK will help rule this all out i think.
Today i sprayed some skin-desinfectant on the mold spots of the pyramid - lets see how that works out.

the small ones stay on early growth mix - have to be careful not to do the same as with the wc.
2023-10-12-111019_002.jpeg

a tag from time to time to @St. Tom . Pyramid fun - if you like it, perhaps look at @The Iconoclast s new addendums to his test thread.
Cheers!:pass:

Back