Indoor kfigerm tries his best

a short calculation to get a glance of the "performance"

3 Seeds: ~ 30€
plug 3x30€c = 90€c
cube 3x 1,20€ = 3,60€
Pyramid 3x 17€ = 51 €
------
~ 90€ for easy calc

fertilizer used (last bottles not used up and could have cut even earlier to save 1 bottle of bloom for sure):
250ml x
1 micro
1 grow
6 bloom
1 own N mix (very cheap)
~2l
*9€/l
-----
20€ for easy calc

the whole tent drew about 550KWh (measured) in 90 days which means a mean of 305 over 20h a day. current prize max here is ,40€c so i take that for calc(though I actually pay less).
~ 220 € - I love the mars hydro light.

And let's say i needed about 50€ for all the rest, water, mineral magic and small auxiliaries,

380€=~550g =~ 70€c/g

that gives me a good wage per hour on my "job" comparing street prices and not to mention quality ;-)

Cheers!

Nicely done! And you know where it came from and who touched it. No need to engage with less than reputable types or overpay at a shop, if that's even an option for you. I like the price breakdown but I do think safety and peace of mind with the final product are invaluable these days.

Take care, happy growing, and I look forward to seeing what you run next.

autumn/winter grow preparations - which to grow
So we head to another grow. The heat is over and the stash level goes lower.
So I have to decide what to grow and let you call in.
First the barneys farm beans I have:

The first spot goes to the BF Runtz auto - i like it. Its wooden earthy taste and the buds resemble the td whithout the pine scent. This stays the specimen for comparability of the grows.

Then there are left for votes:

wedding cake auto - liked the last very much - if not now, then i'll grow it next autumn
mimosa x orange punch auto - new to me
glue gelato auto - i liked the gelatos i smoked, this will be the first homegrown

and there's one fastbuds seed - mimosa cake auto

All should grow and finish in the approx same time window.
All will be in pyramids - two spots left for the threesome.
The only thing that changes is the "even more light" factor - a fc 4800 replaces the 3000 for better coverage - but will hopefully will be dimmed most of the time below full power. It fits perfectly in the 1m tent :cool:

Let me know what you would choose and why.

Cheers!
:pass:

2/3 seeds cracked
After a day two seeds have cracked and put into eazyplugs - the runtz is late but seems alive.
Lets see if we keep having 100% germination rate since i started growing again. Bean quaility really makes me happy these days.

Cheers!

a boring start
First pics of the start phase.
Only the glue gelato shows her head, the mimosa cake digs her roots down and the runtz is still sleeping in her shell
So not much to see yet.
2023-09-18-205414_003.jpeg

but from up above you notice the bigger light - the fc-3000 was given to a friend and replaced with this fc-4800 - will keep it angled a bit until the canopy widens. Starting with DLI 12 - for the glue gelatos sake first full light day will be tomorrow - going with 18/6 and in early to mid flower with 20/4 this time. The complete setup as is with DLI 12 already draws 100W from the wall. But in the previos grows there was a lack of light in the corners and outer ranges, so i hope this will make this situation better and will pay off.

2023-09-18-205414_002.jpeg

Nutes will be advanced hydroponics of holland 3 part + custom N/Mg, but i'll come to that later when the magic starts. There's only a little rhizotonic in the soak atm.

Cheers!

bf runtz auto, bf glue gelato auto, fb mimosa cake auto - day 2
not much happening, but calling thisday 2 because the glue gelato is up with the first leaves since yesterday.
The other two beans don't do too much. The runtz has been replaced, which makes the germination rate no longer 100%. - this was just a matter of time and i was lucky until now. the third pyramid isn't prepared yet for it.
The mimosa cake cracked open but it doesn't grow upwards - but the "helmet" is moving.

So this is how it looks like now

2023-09-21-142152_002.jpeg

the pyramids were soaked with 3.5/3/0/2 (NPK 16-7-21) EC 1300 PH 5.8.
Some xtreme gardening mycos were sprayed on the top of the pyramid before placing the cube ontop.
On the clay pebbles below some mineral magic (terra aquatica silicate) was sprinkled.
Nothing else - now we simply wait whats going on in there. No nursing needed for another week or so.

Cheers!

not much happening, but calling thisday 2 because the glue gelato is up with the first leaves since yesterday.
The other two beans don't do too much. The runtz has been replaced, which makes the germination rate no longer 100%. - this was just a matter of time and i was lucky until now. the third pyramid isn't prepared yet for it.
The mimosa cake cracked open but it doesn't grow upwards - but the "helmet" is moving.

So this is how it looks like now

View attachment 1633583

the pyramids were soaked with 3.5/3/0/2 (NPK 16-7-21) EC 1300 PH 5.8.
Some xtreme gardening mycos were sprayed on the top of the pyramid before placing the cube ontop.
On the clay pebbles below some mineral magic (terra aquatica silicate) was sprinkled.
Nothing else - now we simply wait whats going on in there. No nursing needed for another week or so.

Cheers!
I've never seen these pyramid things before and I'm very interested in how they grow plus I wish the canna gods to send you tons of success

Hey @St. Tom , thanks for peeping in. It's my 4th try [started this thread with the first try, so go back and have a look, already documented a lot] with them and i am rather happy with them. They are very forgiving and to me it's a drop-in replacement for hydro/dwc without all the hassle of daily checking all parameters. For me it works (until now,still), some others have good success too and some aren't as happy..

This time it's a hard time with the beans germinating, perhaps didn't store them properly or the lot was simply bad.
The latest wedding cake popped open, but the second runtz doesn't move after 3 days...and the mimosa cake seems to rot - the root doesn't develop further.
But i hope i can show all you some nice plants growing soon and do them pyramids right.

Stay tuned, stay calm and chilled - it'l be boring anyway most of the time.

Cheers! :pass:

Back