Indoor kfigerm tries his best

Thanks! Yes I am happy with this grow. Now I am tortured with all the work and this is the penalty for the stretch-issue i had. Lot of larf this time in the underwear. But I won't complain.
The next will be the "first flush" of the runtz. But first i have to get more brown paperbags - usually 15 are enough, not this time.
And I have to get some sleep.
I wonder where the end result will be.

Cheers!

day 86 - BF runtz, strawberry cheesecake and watermelon skittles - now runtz harvest
the title tells the all about the story - runtz is gone into brown paperbags.
This time i kept awake longer and i also could finish the watermelon skittles. Now only half of the strawbery cheesecake is left over.
But now the star of today - the runtz last pics
2023-06-14-082840_004.jpeg

2023-06-14-082840_003.jpeg

Cheers!
:pass:

jap, i am impressed too. And sinc i started with them, every grow got better. Now i got all tuned in very well. In the end there was a high EC runoff left, so I can drop EC earlier.
I really recommenmd them as a base for hydro, they are simple to use and really take a lot of the hassle.
If the nutes are (near) OK and they are kept moist at the right level, there's not much left to do.

Here some pics of the roots and stems.
2023-06-14-092248_004.jpeg

2 Euro coin ontop to illustrate diameter - at the first node it is even wider.
2023-06-14-092248_002.jpeg

2023-06-14-092248_003.jpeg

2023-06-14-092248_005.jpeg

2023-06-14-092248_006.jpeg

2023-06-14-092248_007.jpeg

Cheers!
:pass:

Thanks for the reps @JaxsoNL5 - yes the runtz really performed good. I was looking for an equivalent to my used-to-be reference DP think different. A friend pointed me to the Barneys runtzs, this is why i chose those. They grow really very alike and give me an insight of how the grow is going. The other Barneys beans really impress me too, Thes seem to have a really good autoflower base. All were really well in their advertised range of time and the buds are all tight. As I got cleaner in the grow again i also didn't have any budrot or mold or any animals.
Once all the stuff is dry and in grove bags I'll do a sumup.

The next grow will have some variations of breeders - some super sative seed club or/and Dutch passion again, but the runtz will stay there for comparison.
And I definitely won't put more than 3 plants into the 100x100x170cm box.
Perhaps I will add some cobs for the lowers and edges/corners in the future. But the fc-3000 really do a nice job.

Cheers!

this should be the last post for today. Just some shots of the perfectly healthy roots. Thes resided down in two layers of claypebbles and completele incorporated them. Removing them took of half of the roots, so what you see here is just the rest left. Before there was a wall of white down there. They took all well, so I guess EC was always ok. I only once noticed a tox in the grow, when they stood too long in the water.
I'll keep the two layers of pebbles and will lower the spillover point more, so they definitely will stand a shorter time in water, but perhaps I'll find something new, perhaps the @Little-Leopard way. The future will tell. And you will be witnessing it.
2023-06-14-110703_003.jpeg
2023-06-14-110703_002.jpeg

Cheers!

day 96 - BF runtz, strawberry cheesecake and watermelon skittles - all packed
So today is the day to sum things up
What is still there went onto the scale

scc - about 30g have already gone with the wind
2023-06-22-111111_004.jpeg

ws - some misses here too already
2023-06-22-111111_003.jpeg

runtz - all
2023-06-22-111111_002.jpeg

so if you substract the bags weight and do a rough approx, there was about 550g+.

The grow was nearly as I wanted it to be, not knowing much about the ladies, except they finish around the same time. And all was only about a week apart from another in the end. In the early flower i had to split reservoirs for one and the little glitch with the lights lead to more stretch than wanted. But alltogether it was really enjoyable.
The Watermelon Skittles buds are really nice and dense, which was the reason i partially harvested her before i left - i feared budrot. But all went well.
The strawberry cheese cake was a bit leafy, but has nice big buds, more larf because she didn't have light in the underwear, but that still was rosinous.
The Runtz has very fluffy, airy buds but was also a good yielder - lets see how she will perform in smoke, and if she really replaces the think different as a benchmark.

Don't know what i will grow in autumn yet, but got some nice beans to test. But i have to sort out the "smaller" growing ones and plant the biggers next spring when they can finish outside [when it is hopefully legal here then].

I hope you like the boring thread and we'll see after a short break to avoid summer heat.
Idk if and when there will be a report on the smoke - all strains are well known and there's no need for another pov.
Perhaps one thing and a note to myself - the scissor hash of the scc was like black afghan with minty scents and flexible for days.
Stay safe and Cheers! :pass:

Back