12/12 from seed?

NorthernLights_420

Autoflower Cultivator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Zkittlez
Anyone ever try a 12/12 from start to finish to see what happens on an Auto? They say the less light hours the faster they finish. I know harvest yield would be reduced also but fast harvests are better in my opinion because I can start new strains and get more varieties in my smoking vault. Anyone ever run 12 and 12 from seed on an auto? If so how was yield and grow length compared to a longer light cycle like 18/6 or 20/4?

I have one on 12/12 now as I finish up a couple photos, as soon as they are out i will crank it back to 20-4.

Photosynthesis requires photons. Autos are on a time schedule, I want every photon I can get during flower. Only reason to drop to 12/12 with an auto is cost, or they're running in a photo flower room... but most run in the veg room under at least 18/6
If I let her run, she'll end up small and more fluff.
I have a photo I've run 12/12 from seed going now. Those work just fine.

Yeah, the biggest advantage an auto has is it's ability to devour light while in bloom. Remember, the autoflower trait developed in the Arctic as a way to compensate for short growing seasons. The main factor in how long it's going to take is it's DNA. Starving it of light probably won't give you much benefit.

I knew the smaller yield would happen. But I read on here someone say the less hours of light will make it finish faster. So now I don't know what to think. Lol

I knew the smaller yield would happen. But I read on here someone say the less hours of light will make it finish faster. So now I don't know what to think. Lol

I’m new to indoor. But less light for faster growth seems to go against autos. Even for plants in general. Lights out = root growth though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely not the case lol. If u would like to try be ready for a 100+ day auto. U may get lucky and have one that only takes a little longer but yield will probably seriously suffer

I use 18/6 light schedule my whole first run. Running 1000 watt hps so try to save on electric costs by cutting it down 2 hours. Was just wondering what would happen running 12 and 12 with autos. Thanks for the replys. This is my first run with autos as I've only ever grew photos.

I use 18/6 light schedule my whole first run. Running 1000 watt hps so try to save on electric costs by cutting it down 2 hours. Was just wondering what would happen running 12 and 12 with autos. Thanks for the replys. This is my first run with autos as I've only ever grew photos.
16 would be the lowest I went and even that I think is too low for autos. 18/6 is good for growth and saving a little electric. 24/0 doesn’t do much extra in my experience unless u need the heat in the winter.

Back