New Grower 1st Autopot/Autoflower Run: 2 Toof Decay by Mephisto Genetics!

Saven

Newbie Closet Tent Grower.
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
toof decay green border.png

Strains:
- (2) Toof Decay by Mephisto Genetics

Tent/Fans:
- 36″X20″X62″ Grow Tent from Apollo Horticulture
- iPower 4 Inch 118 CFM Inline Duct Fan
- VIVOSUN 4 Inch Air Carbon Filter
- Genesis 6-Inch Clip Convertible Table-Top & Clip Fan
- Hurricane 6-Inch Classic Series Clip Fan

Light:
- Meijiu 240W QB LM301B 3500k + Osram 660 w/ dimmer (Similar Light)

Schedule:
- 24/0

Starting Tap Water:
- 7.8 pH & 110 ppm on average.

Medium:
- Hydro Crunch Expanded Clay
- Hydro Crunch Coco Coir Perlite (70/30)

Nutrients:
- Mega Crop 2 Part A 5-12-26 Hydroponic Professional 1000g
- Mega Crop 2 Part B 15.5-0-0 Hydroponic Professional 1000g
- Advanced Nutrients 6360-14 Sensi Cal Mag Xtra 1L

Extras:

- Real Growers Recharge
- Great White Premium Mycorrhizae® - with Beneficial Bacteria and Trichoderma SAMPLE
- Orca® Liquid Mycorrhizae - with Beneficial Bacteria SAMPLE

Pots:

- General Hydroponics HGC714135 Rapid Rooter Plant Starters, 50 Plugs, Black
- (2) 3.9 Gallon Autopots
- (2) Clear Propagation Lids for 3.9 gal Pots
- Eagle 1677B Containment Utility Tray, 36" Length x 18" Width x 2" Height, Black

Meters:
- VIVOSUN Digital Indoor Thermometer and Hygrometer with Humidity Gauge
- Apera Instruments AI209 Value Series PH20 Waterproof pH Tester Kit, ±0.1 pH Accuracy
- VIVOSUN pH and TDS Meter Combo, TDS-EC-Temperature Meter.

Summary:
Doing my first autopot run ever with Toof Decays from Mephisto Genetics. If you see any problems or red flags and are willing to help then please drop some knowledge. I'm very new to growing cannabis so I'll be posting most of the grow this time around to learn as much as I can and also provide a point of reference to other new growers. I'll add more when I get to it. Thank you. :)

Tags:
@Master_gRoshi

Check threadmarks on the top right of this thread to see every update!

Y2qKdfI.png

Last edited:
Day 0: Dropping seeds into Rapid Rooters & Autopot Setup
Day 0: Dropping seeds into Rapid Rooters & Autopot Setup

This tray fits perfectly at the bottom of my grow tent.

IMG-1294.jpg

Adding 2 autopots to my tent. Turned them on once to check if they work and then drained trays.

IMG-1300.jpg

Medium setup went like this:
1. 1.5 inch of Clay Pebbles at the bottom of pot (I've been told they cause pH drift but I bought them already so I might as well try)
2. Fill up Coco Coir / Perlite combination. (70/30 mix from Hydro Crunch)
3. Put Rapid Rooter in the middle.
4. Added 4L to each of the 2 pots and let them drain. 3mL/gal Cal-Mag & .5tsp/gal of Recharge (Found this combo from reddit user r/Oreck420)
5. Wait until they drain out and then put them into the autopot trays.

IMG-1312.jpg

Drop the seed in and cover up the top a lil by a pinch with the rapid rooter.

IMG-1313.jpg
IMG-1314.jpg

Give a final small watering over the rapid rooter and I moistened the propagation lids by spraying them before putting them on the pots.

IMG-1315.jpg

Final Notes of Day 0:
Planted at 3PM on Nov 19, 2020.
Tap Water: 7.8 pH & 112 ppm.
After the recipe: 6.1 pH & 215 ppm (ppm went down from 300 because I put too much pH down and I had to dilute it...)
The pH runoff when I was buffering the medium was 6.0.

Last edited:
Looks like a great set-up.

Just a couple of observations. You mention clay pebbles and PH. If you bought the cheap ones that are not already PH balanced you will have PH problems you cannot control.

I notice you are on carpet. Your floor pan should be able to hold all of the water in your entire system just in case.

Run your lights 24/0 until the first true leaves (saw-tooth edge) then 18/6 for the best quality/yield vs energy inputs.

:goodluck: Have fun!

Just saying ....I germinate in Temps. 80-85F....but thats just me...many ways to "skin a cat"

Thank you! When I closed the tent the temps started to rise. Hopefully it helps.

Looks like a great set-up.

Just a couple of observations. You mention clay pebbles and PH. If you bought the cheap ones that are not already PH balanced you will have PH problems you cannot control.

I notice you are on carpet. Your floor pan should be able to hold all of the water in your entire system just in case.

Run your lights 24/0 until the first true leaves (saw-tooth edge) then 18/6 for the best quality/yield vs energy inputs.

:goodluck: Have fun!

The clay pebbles and Coco/Perlite mix are both from HydroCrunch and they mention being pH stable. I also ran water through the pots and checked the runoff pH and it was 6.1 so hopefully that stays.

That floor tray inside of the tent holds 5 of the 12 gallons, I'll try to find something better.

It's running 24/0 right now, thank you for the extra info!

In regards to tray in your tent...if it works for you just don't fill the reservoir above the trays capacity along with the displacement of the pot trays...with 2 plants--- 3 gallons should last you ~ a week dependent on the growth stage.

Day 0-1 & 0-2: Adding 75mL & Questions
Day 0-1 & 0-2: Adding 75mL & Questions

Adding 75mL of the same solution in a ring around the rapid rooter.

IMG-1316.jpg

QUESTION: Thoughts on the lid being closed or open? Inside the domes, its 75-80f and 80RH.

IMG-1317.jpg

These are the tent conditions over the last 24 hours. (This is different from what's inside the propagation domes)

IMG-1318.jpg

QUESTION: How should I ramp up the amount of water? Also when should I start adding Megacrop 2 part? I have a general idea from stalking other grows.

Overall, uneventful.. Shoutout to @Master_gRoshi for helping me in the chat. They wanted to be tagged. :D

In regards to tray in your tent...if it works for you just don't fill the reservoir above the trays capacity along with the displacement of the pot trays...with 2 plants--- 3 gallons should last you ~ a week dependent on the growth stage.

Very good idea!

Last edited:
Back