New Grower *First Grow* Double Grape Auto by Mephisto Genetics(Autopot XL)

Reaction score
Wassup growmies!? First time grower here, and first time posting after creeping on AFN for at least a year, lol. Posting my first grow here in real time in case anything goes wrong or if anyone can help perfect my methods.

Grow Space:
Spider Farmer 2x4x6 grow tent

Light: Spider Farmer SF2000

Medium: Royal Gold Tupur 70/30 (no buff)

Fan: AC Infinity Cloudline T6 (in room passive vent for stealth)

Running Autopot 2XL system and I'm not bubbling my res.
IMG_20211210_211708_01.jpg

Nutrients:
MegaCrop
Bud Explosion
Cal Mag pro
All from Greenleaf.

I have Xtreme gardening mykos for transplant from solos into the autopots. I also have some Florakleen and Doctor zymes just in case.

As this is my first grow I'm being super anxious about my girls, which are two Double Grape seeds from Mephisto Genetics.

Germ method: DVD case/Paper towel @ Water boiler. Took two days to see some 1 inch taproots, and then I moved the seeds to the solo cups with careful gloved fingers. Just Tupur out of the bag.
IMG_20211210_170412.jpg

I use clear solo cups because 1) I may be able to see the root system better before transplant to gauge when to do so and 2) the clear cups double as a cute dome for when they need high humidity.
IMG_20211211_180251.jpg

So I watered once when I put the seeds in. Ph'd to 5.8 and watered to 10% runoff. It's been 2 days now and I'm seeing the seeds break past the media meaning it's now day 1 so cool. I noticed that this tupur stuff is staying wet or at least moist for longer than I assumed. Should I water again? Or perhaps just spray a little and replace my domes?

Will update my girls here as they develop. Thanks for any input you guys may have!

Wassup growmies!? First time grower here, and first time posting after creeping on AFN for at least a year, lol. Posting my first grow here in real time in case anything goes wrong or if anyone can help perfect my methods.

Grow Space:
Spider Farmer 2x4x6 grow tent

Light: Spider Farmer SF2000

Medium: Royal Gold Tupur 70/30 (no buff)

Fan: AC Infinity Cloudline T6 (in room passive vent for stealth)

Running Autopot 2XL system and I'm not bubbling my res.
View attachment 1396293

Nutrients:
MegaCrop
Bud Explosion
Cal Mag pro
All from Greenleaf.

I have Xtreme gardening mykos for transplant from solos into the autopots. I also have some Florakleen and Doctor zymes just in case.

As this is my first grow I'm being super anxious about my girls, which are two Double Grape seeds from Mephisto Genetics.

Germ method: DVD case/Paper towel @ Water boiler. Took two days to see some 1 inch taproots, and then I moved the seeds to the solo cups with careful gloved fingers. Just Tupur out of the bag.
View attachment 1396292

I use clear solo cups because 1) I may be able to see the root system better before transplant to gauge when to do so and 2) the clear cups double as a cute dome for when they need high humidity.
View attachment 1396294

So I watered once when I put the seeds in. Ph'd to 5.8 and watered to 10% runoff. It's been 2 days now and I'm seeing the seeds break past the media meaning it's now day 1 so cool. I noticed that this tupur stuff is staying wet or at least moist for longer than I assumed. Should I water again? Or perhaps just spray a little and replace my domes?

Will update my girls here as they develop. Thanks for any input you guys may have!
Make sure you've got drainage in your cups! Also, you'll want to put the clear cups in either an opaque cup or use a black sock or something to inhibit algae growth. If the soil is still moist, there's no need to water.

Make sure you've got drainage in your cups! Also, you'll want to put the clear cups in either an opaque cup or use a black sock or something to inhibit algae growth. If the soil is still moist, there's no need to water.
Thank you, Suki. I hadn't thought of that. I cut some old socks and put them on and yes, I have at least 15 holes drilled in the bottom of each cup. But I've run into my first issue already so that's fun.
Enter: Helmet Head
IMG_20211212_173448.jpg

Thank you, Suki. I hadn't thought of that. I cut some old socks and put them on and yes, I have at least 15 holes drilled in the bottom of each cup. But I've run into my first issue already so that's fun.
Enter: Helmet HeadView attachment 1396421
If you still have issues with the soil staying too moist, you can cut slits down the sides of the cups, which will help it from getting too bogged down. Helmet head isn't the biggest deal, especially with it just stuck on the tip like that. If you're super gentle you may be able to pick it off, but since she's already working on some true leaves I wouldn't stress too terribly much about it.

Day 3, looking...okay?
The one on the left looks normal, the one with the seed on the cotyl is droopy and leggy, so I gave them both a slight backfill and watered. But I still have a lot to learn. I've been giving them light nutes because Tupur has no N. Watered once at 200 ppm and 5.8. Used the same feed the next watering and runoff is now 350-400 ppm and 6.0 pH. Guess I shouldn't add anymore nutes huh?
Left
IMG_20211213_173819.jpg

Right
IMG_20211213_173816.jpg

Day 4
I'm not sure how these girls are doing. Are they too tall?
Rinsed with RO water (5.8pH) runoff was back down to ~200ppm
Could use your advice, friendos.
Left
IMG_20211214_185926.jpg

Right
IMG_20211214_185929.jpg

Full view
IMG_20211214_185921.jpg

SF2000 is 35 inches from cups at 55% intensity reading 10k lux on the seedlings.

Day 5.
Runoff PPM ~150
Water pH ~6.0
Runoff pH ~6.3
(Will feed 5.5 tomorrow I think.)

Man I got the seed off of the cotyl but she looks droopy. What do you think?
IMG_20211215_163934.jpg
IMG_20211215_163939.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20211215_163950.jpg
    IMG_20211215_163950.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 33
Back