New Grower 1st Indoor Grow: Critical, Lime Skunk, Sweet Tooth, White Widow

Reaction score
Hi everyone -

Have learnt so much from AFN already, putting up this journal in the hope of learning even more from the ever helpful community here.

This is my first indoor grow, second grow ever. First grow was an outdoor plant from some bag seed I planted the day it was legalized here. I got 90g dry weight and the experience of growing my own was amazing. Invested in a small tent and modest setup to enable year round growing.

70cm x 70cm x 160 cm tent
TS-900W LED light (200W true)
2 x 10cm fans
Freedom Farms Premium amended growing medium
4 x 10 liter plastic buckets

I have a Critical plant from Bulk Seed Bank that is 34 days old, Lime Skunk also from BSB is 13 days old and two more spots in the tent. Busy germinating a Sweet Tooth from BSB and a White Widow from Dutch Passion.

Will put up some photos in my next post, and will continue to post regularly going forward. Thanks everyone - time for some gardening

6857873F-9FCB-4DFD-A6E7-B5413F9D1D8B.jpeg
19156DD5-4A07-4644-9844-A7FBE19D88AC.jpeg
6E2EF533-926E-484D-A312-02B68A3BCDD6.jpeg

White Widow has germinated and have done LST to the Critical plant...gave the Critical and the Lime Skunk a feeding yesterday - both looking a bit heavy with water. Still waiting on Sweet Tooth to germ and have just planted two Tangerine Dream photoperiod bag seeds in small cups
79A67C31-6688-460F-B258-73471219F45B.jpeg
08E20845-A217-4BC6-9648-B1929678A02C.jpeg
6349C7B5-BA0F-4F3B-AAB0-D8FD71CBD90F.jpeg

Quick update...fed the Lime Skunk (19 days) homemade calmag and vermigro worm castings today, gave the Critical (40 days) plain water. Also installed an extractor fan for air exchange - just taking air out into the garage. Not buying a filter...smell isn’t an issue now that private use is legal here.

The Tangerine Dream photoperiods both popped above ground today and the White Widow baby is looking healthy - still just spraying them with plain water. Calling today Day 1 on all of them. Also have two Carolina Reaper chili seeds in the tent that popped above ground today.
6CE57BD7-53EB-41EC-9504-575E995632F5.jpeg

06F77888-8A38-408F-891B-CE8F95E9E180.jpeg
5B6F9A11-0C4D-4C09-A36C-F05A1E62D8CE.jpeg
F6F66020-2D76-456B-9DF3-E31DDB05CD91.jpeg
7F1DFAF8-F7B3-44E6-A2DB-182DE7299282.jpeg
Today’s update:

The Critical is on day 43 and has started to grow quickly, definitely started to flower now, pistils are quite clear in the 40x zoom photo attached. The LST I did on her seems to have worked well, can count 12 bud sites all at a pretty even height. She had a bit of taco curling on her leaves this week so watered twice with plain PH’ed water and lifted the light 6 inches, seems to have recovered.

The Lime Skunk is on day 22 and is vegging nicely, definitely going to be a taller plant than the Critical. Only 5cm shorter even though 3 weeks behind. it does supposedly have more sativa genes even though indica dominant.

White Widow seedling is 4 days old and is still under a dome - hoping this protects it a bit from the light which is on full power for the flowering Critical. Have moved her to the spot furthest from the light too.

Bad news is that the Sweet Tooth seed didn’t make it, planted her directly into the soil after 24 hour soak in water. 10 days later I dug her up and she had a tiny taproot that had a few miggies/midges/gnats that were chilling on it. Moved her into moist cotton wool but no growth of root at all after two days so dumped her. Replaced with a freebie auto seed that is either Amnesia Haze or AK47. Have also applied diatomaceous earth to all pots and it has already made a difference, haven’t seen a single one of the buggers flying around in the tent since I applied D.E. yesterday, and there were quite a few before.

Have three Carolina Reaper chilis and two Tangerine Dream photos that have also now sprouted and are all on day 4 - this little tent is getting very crowded already. Two of the chilis will move out once they’re a little bigger and the TD photos are going to stay in tiny cups until Critical is harvested.

Anyone have any idea what was causing the taco curl on the leaves, it would be worst early morning after lights on and then uncurl slowly as the day went on - was the same on days I fed or watered and on days when I did nothing as well.

Off to work...happy growing everyone!

Last edited:
View attachment 1070358 View attachment 1070359 View attachment 1070360 View attachment 1070362 Today’s update:

The Critical is on day 43 and has started to grow quickly, definitely started to flower now, pistils are quite clear in the 40x zoom photo attached. The LST I did on her seems to have worked well, can count 12 bud sites all at a pretty even height. She had a bit of taco curling on her leaves this week so watered twice with plain PH’ed water and lifted the light 6 inches, seems to have recovered.

The Lime Skunk is on day 22 and is vegging nicely, definitely going to be a taller plant than the Critical. Only 5cm shorter even though 3 weeks behind. it does supposedly have more sativa genes even though indica dominant.

White Widow seedling is 4 days old and is still under a dome - hoping this protects it a bit from the light which is on full power for the flowering Critical. Have moved her to the spot furthest from the light too.

Bad news is that the Sweet Tooth seed didn’t make it, planted her directly into the soil after 24 hour soak in water. 10 days later I dug her up and she had a tiny taproot that had a few miggies/midges/gnats that were chilling on it. Moved her into moist cotton wool but no growth of root at all after two days so dumped her. Replaced with a freebie auto seed that is either Amnesia Haze or AK47. Have also applied diatomaceous earth to all pots and it has already made a difference, haven’t seen a single one of the buggers flying around in the tent since I applied D.E. yesterday, and there were quite a few before.

Have three Carolina Reaper chilis and two Tangerine Dream photos that have also now sprouted and are all on day 4 - this little tent is getting very crowded already. Two of the chilis will move out once they’re a little bigger and the TD photos are going to stay in tiny cups until Critical is harvested.

Anyone have any idea what was causing the taco curl on the leaves, it would be worst early morning after lights on and then uncurl slowly as the day went on - was the same on days I fed or watered and on days when I did nothing as well.

Off to work...happy growing everyone!
Lookin good!:cheers:

Gave both plants a feed last night - earthworm tea with homemade calmag and molasses. Also added a light sprinkle of bone meal and kelp to the soil. Figured out what was causing the leaves to be curled upwards in the mornings - checked my temp as lights went on this morning at 4am and it was down to 15c/59f. Put on a heater to take it back to low 20s and she started perking up

Time for another update:

Went away for a long weekend - gave a bigger than normal water to all plants, came back 72 hours later and the plants were loving life.

The Critical is on day 50 today - well into flower but I don’t think it will be ready for harvest in 20 days as per the breeders guidelines - I’m thinking more like 5 weeks/35 more days. She’s really stretching at the moment, growing a couple cms per day. Defoliated her last night, took off about 25 leaves - looking good this morning, no immediate signs of stress.

Lime Skunk looking great, was perfectly symmetrical before I did first bit of LST on her last night - she’s already bounced back and curling towards light just 8 hours later. Planning on giving a slight flush and then a big feed before she starts flowering. I’m feeding organic only - I’m using homemade calmag, molasses, kelp and bone meal.

The seedlings are doing well too - Dutch Passion White Widow and two Tangerine Dream photos are all on day 11 and the Amnesia/AK auto freebie is on day 4.

Any tips/suggestions/advice welcome...
66769163-A0BF-46D6-83D2-1993E4D54864.jpeg
F2828723-703F-443B-A8A0-F716F1E3777D.jpeg
D338A106-573E-4D14-97A3-82274C434F33.jpeg
111B1B8E-AE14-4C5C-9DF0-E99019746A74.jpeg
64DF97C1-814E-4F9D-95B3-47EF673B5DD6.jpeg
ADDB42D4-5BAD-47BF-8670-EC721774288D.jpeg

Back