Coco grow

ItzSticky

Welcome to the CannaZone
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

This will be my attempt at growing in coco.
I’ve grown in organic (FF HF, FF OF), and imo they’ve just been subpar grows. I struggled with overwatering, gnats, and not knowing how to properly mix nutes. Nevertheless, I stuck it out and grew some pretty decent smoke :jointman:

So with that being said, I’m going to try my hand with Coco, as I won't have to worry much about overwatering, and if I was to run into a toxicity issue I could easily flush and be back on track.

I read the cocoforcannabis guide so the majority of what I do will be based off of their guide.

I’ll be growing;
Grappa(Auto) - Mephisto
Afghan x Northern Lights(Auto) - SSSC (will also be in the G&S)
White Widow (Photo) - Green House Seed (My first photo)

They’ll be grown in 6 5gal. Fabric pots (Honor The Plants & Rain Science)
All inside a 4x4 tent.
With a Mars Hydro FC4800

They’ll be fed with GH FloraNova Grow & Bloom.
-Rainwater

-Dynomyco in transplant hole & mixed in coco

-Fish Shit

-SLF100

-Coco Wet

-Fulvic/Humic

I’m sure I’ll be adding other things as the grow continues.
I'll be using a cheap PPM/EC meter, and PH meter.

I’ll be using Mother Earth Coco + Perlite (I will be doing the rinsing and buffering)
  • I added extra perlite.

I will also be adding rice hulls on top of the coco to hopefully prevent gnats

I started by dropping the seeds in some germ brew(Kelp & Fulvic) and then let it sit on a heating mat inside my tent

While they germ I prepped the coco.

First I rinsed the coco.
Added some coco in a 5gal. bucket, added tap water, mixed it around, then grabbed a strainer and started scooping the coco, rinsing with tap water and then adding to the 5gal. pots. Repeated this until all 6 pots were full.

Then I moved to the buffer,
I placed the pots in a tote and measured enough tap water to almost cover the pot, then i added 150% dose of cal-mag and let it sit for 24hrs.

I then dumped the water and refilled it again with 150% dose of cal-mag.

Today 8/7:

After another 24hrs I dumped the buffer solution and set the pots in my tent

Look at all those coco fibers!

After 2 days all the seeds have cracked, seeing that theyre all active I took them out of the cup and moved them in root cubes, sprayed the cubes with kelp/fulvic and set that on the heating mat with a humidity dome.

Hoping i’ll have a sprout in the next two-three days!
7A473BD3-9450-443C-886E-80500F787B6D.jpeg

temp in the dome: 80F 90%RH

Last edited:
Following along buddy! I hope all the research you did about coco pays off. You deserve a 1.5 pound harvest :yoinks::yay:

Following along buddy! I hope all the research you did about coco pays off. You deserve a 1.5 pound harvest :yoinks::yay:
Good luck man! Following.

:pass: :pighug:

Whoo buddy! If you're cramming 6 of those 5 gallon pots in there....... I forsee a very full tent in your future!

Going to be doing lots of training then lol. The humidifiers shouldn't be in my tent for too long. That'll open up some room.

And theyre off!

White widow & (AK x Northern lights) have sprouted.

Still waiting on the Mephisto Grappa to sprout.
I’ll give it another 2-3 days.

i’ll be rinsing the 5gals with seedling mix, nutes at around 400 EC us/cm, before dropping the root cubes.

light is around 10-15DLI.

E83A2609-4428-41F9-93A6-E49CBA39BAE8.jpeg

Day one
Today I got the White Widow photo and Afghan x N.Lights auto in their forever pots.

before I transplanted i mixed in some dynomyco around in the coco and rinsed the pots with water at EC 480 us/cm and PH 6.3.

The runoff EC ranged from 400-430 us/cm.

0391383D-D585-4064-A15A-84C9529894DF.jpeg
78A34AB4-1803-43A9-8BD0-6A1C7CAE6ECB.jpeg

Still waiting on the Mephisto Grappa. I’ll give it another 2 days before i soak two more.

Today I got the White Widow photo and Afghan x N.Lights auto in their forever pots.

before I transplanted i mixed in some dynomyco around in the coco and rinsed the pots with water at EC 480 us/cm and PH 6.3.

The runoff EC ranged from 400-430 us/cm.

View attachment 1499775View attachment 1499784

Still waiting on the Mephisto Grappa. I’ll give it another 2 days before i soak two more.
Go time!

Week one
8/11
Fed them all with a 20ML syringe around the rootcubes, EC 520 us/cm, PH 6.2
I saw two gnats while i was watering to i decided it was time to cover the top soil with rice hulls. I also sprayed around the pots with neem oil.

I was still iffy about properly mixing and diluting nutes as I struggled to drop my EC to my current target of 400-500 micro-siemens.

8/12
I spent the majority of today thinking about the best way to mix my nutes for today's feeding, and I think I found a new routine.
I bought some RO water from my local grocery store thinking it would be close to an EC of 0, and boy was I wrong, it read at 470 us/cm.
My rainwater measures at an EC of 117 us/cm, so I continued to use that as my nute mix and diluting water (I'm going to measure distilled later on).

In my Rez/Mixer jug I made the manufacturer's recommended doses for 1 gal. of water. (Novaflora grow, slf-100, calmag, and ful-power). I first added calmag and let it mix for 45ish min then added the remaining of the nutes, and let it mix for 15min.
It was at an EC of ~1400 us/cm. Way too hot for my seedlings.

I then grabbed a 5gal container and poured about 1 gal of rainwater then mixed 3/4 strength of calmag. It read at an EC of 330 us/cm, perfect!
I then added the some nute mix into the calmag-water until I hit my target EC.

Today they were fed at an EC of 475 us/cm, and 6.25PH. I Watered around the root cube with a 60ML syringe, and used the remaining water to keep the empty pots wet.

Still waiting on the Grappa to sprout.

ABE56997-5F39-4E0C-ADB6-DE3A6E830F26.jpeg
F11FCC2A-80C9-49C7-A6F0-E0FD6A0BA540.jpeg
72F30A54-C441-4C12-B07B-170AF0AC4D22.jpeg
BC91A5FC-63F7-468A-B9F5-3EBE1A8E18F8.jpeg

Last edited:
Back