Don't worry about the bottom/older leaves :pass: They don't get better looking, and your just gonna end up cutting all that off soon enough anyway. Just focus on the new growth at the top. Which looks good. I wouldn't kill these :shrug: Maybe cut the light some though, either dim, raise, or knock off an hour. They'll be a bit stunted, but you're so early on, I'd let em rock on. Let them go another 2 weeks and then see what you want to do. But these plants aren't screwed at all.

Bummer dude!
You might consider switching to 2 or 3 gallon bags if you are going to make another run with coco. My first coco grow I also used 5 gallon grow bags and had similar issues with watering. After that first I run I switched to 3 gal pots and it makes managing watering for that first 3-4 weeks much easier. Now I am using 2 gallon bags and I like them even better than the 3 gallon for water management. I think 3 gallon is a really nice sweet spot for coco, you can still grow monster plants but early watering is not as challenging as with larger pots.

good luck!

Don't worry about the bottom/older leaves :pass: They don't get better looking, and your just gonna end up cutting all that off soon enough anyway. Just focus on the new growth at the top. Which looks good. I wouldn't kill these :shrug: Maybe cut the light some though, either dim, raise, or knock off an hour. They'll be a bit stunted, but you're so early on, I'd let em rock on. Let them go another 2 weeks and then see what you want to do. But these plants aren't screwed at all.
I also think @Jerseyphresh1 is right, you shouldn’t give up on them yet. Really let the pots dry back then fertigate with calmag and silica, check the EC and see where you are at.

Sticky I hate to say it but you probably should just cut back on watering and let them go. Finish the grow and take everything you learned from this one and apply it next round. I regret throwing plants out even when it’s the right choice. Don’t be like me lol

Thanks for the advice gents.
i’m still on the fence on this one. I just feel like they’ll end up being small. I need to maximize my yields as i have to take growing breaks every 6 months.

Grow restart. Day 7.
So I ended up just dumping them all and restarting.

With this grow I'm using Cyco coco + Myco
I ended up rinsing the coco 3 times with my base nutes at a 5.8PH 500EC mix

This time I planted:
2 white widow (photo)
2 Afghan x Northern Lights (auto)
2 Mephisto Strawberry nuggets (auto)

Since I'm starting over it gave me the chance to try out the Rain Science autoflower pot

They're at 7 days now

This is the only one that has those lights stripes on them. Hoping it grow out of it.
IMG_4874.JPG

IMG_4875.JPG
IMG_4876.JPG
IMG_4877.JPG
IMG_4878.JPG
IMG_4879.JPG

Last edited:
So I ended up just dumping them all and restarting.

With this grow I'm using Cyco coco + Myco
I ended up rinsing the coco 3 times with my base nutes at a 5.8PH 500EC mix

This time I planted:
2 white widow (photo)
2 Afghan x Northern Lights (auto)
2 Mephisto Strawberry nuggets (auto)

Since I'm starting over it gave me the chance to try out the Rain Science autoflower pot

They're at 7 days now

This is the only one that has those lights stripes on them. Hoping it grow out of it.
View attachment 1516667

View attachment 1516668View attachment 1516669View attachment 1516670View attachment 1516671View attachment 1516672
Where's the strawberry nugs? I just got my beans in today!

Back