Runoff is for 2 reasons. For the dry pockets stuff, and to flush out old fertilizer for new, which helps with buildup and lockout

Yep, thems the rules for coco. pH 5.8-6.2 and always get runoff. Test the EC/ppm of your runoff and it will tell you what adjustments to make.

Shes looking hungry. I think i need to feed.
Older leaves are yellowing
FB61A7FA-A82C-429D-B787-9BCBB8B7AB63.jpeg

Looks like it’s going pretty well so far, good luck with your first coco grow! I think I already traded a few tips with you over chat, but I am a long time coco grower so feel free to tag me in if you have questions or run into trouble.

I just started my first coco grow journal on AFN:

Seeds are dropped but not popped, so it’s the perfect time to tag in.

Hmm, I am not familiar with that line. Quick bit of reading says you do not need calmag with it. I had some yellowing early on that needed to bump up the Mg. If the yellowing continues you might want to try 1gram/gallon of Epsom salt. Really cheap to get at the grocery store. Just make sure it is the plain unscented variety. Add it in once or twice and see if it doesn't change. I don't suspect you would need it every time. Just here and there.

Hmm, I am not familiar with that line. Quick bit of reading says you do not need calmag with it. I had some yellowing early on that needed to bump up the Mg. If the yellowing continues you might want to try 1gram/gallon of Epsom salt. Really cheap to get at the grocery store. Just make sure it is the plain unscented variety. Add it in once or twice and see if it doesn't change. I don't suspect you would need it every time. Just here and there.

i have some magnesium sulfate from kelp4less i can add if it keeps yellowing. Thank you!

Day 18
The girls have been doing better since the over-watering issue. Had some leaves turn yellow/brown on my White Widow. I suspect it was from the overwatering early on.

Since the last post I've been foliating at lights-on every day, and watering every 3-4 days. Ive been using a large syringe to water around the flower, making a circle about it about a leaf length apart from the flower itself. I water the whole pot until I get some runoff.
My last two waterings have been at a 6.0PH. One was at 450EC then the next at 470 EC.

I have a new Grappa seedling, I'll say day one was on 8/26
The first feeding the seedling got water at PH6.0 and 430EC

I'm going to stop adding cal-mag to my nute mix (after realizing Floranova grow has Cal-mag already), and only add it to my dilution water.

White widow/ photo / 18 Days

My white widow girls are probably the roughest-looking ones in my tent right now. The overwatering affected the colors of their leaves the most. And I'm most recently noticing little brown spots on the leaves on the second node. Im not sure is still affects from overwatering.

IMG_4821.JPG

IMG_4814.JPG

Aghan x Northern Lights / Auto / 18 days

My G&S girls are making a bit of a comeback. I fed them a bit of mag to hopefully help with the yellowing that seemed to be spreading.
I'm not sure if it was because of overwatering or just needed some mag. We shall see how she reacts!

IMG_4818.JPG
IMG_4815.JPG

Grappa / Auto / 16 days

I don't have any complaints about this grappa. It started very slow, but its easily the greenest most healthiest looking plant I have right now

IMG_4822.JPG

My newest Grappa. 2 days

IMG_4824.JPG

Well guys, i think i overwatered again… about 3 days in after water and theyre looking pretty bad. Think im going to dump them and restart this grow

i’ll be running a bluelab ec/moisture meter so i hope this helps

AB81ABAD-1458-451E-891E-85C0931083BF.jpeg
C19460CC-53EA-44C8-B6F3-1705FA4BA368.jpeg

Back