Outdoor 2019 mid Michigan Growtogrow outside

The RH if you're drying to fast. Set your dehumidifier for 69% at first go for a 2 day's like that. Then slowly each day dial it down 2% each day until the bud reachs 62% ...or RH

The humidifier only runs full time the first day after I wash them and shake them out. At that time they are still dripping with water. If my humidifier was set at 69% it would never even turn on as the basement in the Summer is 70% relative humidity. Outdoors humidity is almost always at 98%. I live on a small island with water surrounding my house on all sides within 75 feet of my house.

When I harvested the first amount the other day I hadn't seen the sun in 7 out of 8 days and it rained every day. I had powdery mildew on leaves I was cutting off every day and then lost a couple buds on both that harvest and today's to bud rot. I followed directions I found on washing with H2O2 and followed recommendations to do a faster dry in order to prevent mold on the buds due to already having found mold on portions I cut off. I'm not planning on curing this for smoking. I was just planning on running all of this through bubble bags with ice water after drying in order to get the trichomes out of it and pressing them into hash.

Don't know if getting it to the proper relative humidity is going to matter much as I am going to freeze it in a deep freeze before running through the bubble bags with ice and water.

All the other plants I have grown this year I dried slowly in brown bags then jarred up with a hygrometer to get to 62% RH and put back in a brown bag if RH raised above 62%. Then jarred back up with Boveda 62% packs.

I plan on using the hash for edibles. No way would I ever smoke what looks to be a pound of trimmed bud from this plant. I already have over a pound jarred up from all the autoflowers I grew this Summer. It takes me around 8 months to smoke an ounce.

Last edited:
Brown bags for the last few days of drying is excellent. I've hung mine three or four days, bagged them a couple days, then jarred them up. The bags and darkness definitely help maintain and dry them consistently. What trim I had in the freezer made some absolutely killer green dragon tincture. I accidentally dipped a finger in a jar of it last week and felt the effects almost immediately. I started to feel like a lightweight. lol

This is what I harvested a few days ago. Smaller bottom buds. Trimmed the day of harvest then manicured after a few days of dry then into brown bags. I just measured this out as 8 large handfuls. When I weigh out when jarring up I usually get about an ounce to the handful (all I can grab hold of with one hand). I think I cut an equal amount off the plant today after throwing out at least an ounce. Won't know for sure until everything is dry and stems are cut off after hanging and given a final trim though. Then I will weigh everything up. I usually wait until I jar it up and the humidity stabilizes before I do my weighing as it loses more moisture if I have to put it back in a bag for a day or two to get it at 62% RH. Some seem to end up at 58% if I put them back in a bag and get busy and forget them for a couple days.

I estimate I will end up with a pound from this plant. I threw all the trim away as I have a grocery bag full of trim already I want to run through bubble bags. Mostly from final trims I did this Summer. I was also planning on making some cannabutter to make brownies with. I got one of those magical butter decarb boxes and was going to try making cannabutter and using it instead of oil in the brownie mix.

18 quart dishpan. Looks smaller in the picture than it really is. Taken with a Kindle after I bricked my digital camera.

IMG_20190919_172443.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah if you're just going to dedicate all to extractions and making hash and whatnot.
You ain't got nothing to worry about at all... shit... :greencheck:
freeze it right on the stalk and thaw it out and make it happen after that... you dont have to do any drying bulshit if you don't want to you don't have to it's not necessary it can mold even you can still extract it all doesn't matter when you use butane or CO2 extractions you can extract it in just about any condition there is...just about.:chef:. There's a company here where I live at...that will buy all the trimmings and everything that I got even if I've had it in the yard bag for a week outside in the back yard. he really don't like it that way... moldy and all...but he still will take it and pays me for it or trade. He extracts with butane or BHO.

I don't make hash or do any extracting anymore. Nobody in my Camp wants it:deadhorse: they don't give two shits about no extractions vaping or smoking hash.
So that's why I only grow AAA quality 100% smoking flower organic.:hump:

It's all about the buds and flavors:hump:

Dialing your humidifier down slowly from high% RH to your favorite smoking humidity..
( mine is 59 to 65. ):headbang: dialing it down is the only way to go for the slow dry over some days and a slow curing for AAA smoking flower. :pass:

I put 92% isopropyl in my water when I make bubble bag hash n use everything, mold, pm, bud rot the alcohol cleans it all makes great hash.

I put 92% isopropyl in my water when I make bubble bag hash n use everything, mold, pm, bud rot the alcohol cleans it all makes great hash.
But won't that dissolve the trichs I understand it's concentrated by water [emoji97] but will it not in any way dissolve the resin...

Sent from my 8050D using Tapatalk

It's crazy to me no one seems to b into the bubble hash anymore that has always been my favorite although I do like the rosin now to.

But won't that dissolve the trichs I understand it's concentrated by water [emoji97] but will it not in any way dissolve the resin...

Hey Sergeant Pepper haven't seen you in a minute . :cheers:

Well yes you're right.
but in small amounts in ice cold water is not enough to dissolve . we use isopropyl alcohol to extract all the time I've used it many times to extract with to make certain kinds of extractions.

Google uses for isopropyl alcohol in THC extractions. There's a lot of good information on there and you can make an informed decision after that.

U can use just isopropyl and do a double boil on a hot iron which I also do to make shatter do it outside though as vapor is flammable basically make it just like RSO. I in my opinion think it makes better bubble hash with a better return as the added alcohol keeps the screens cleaner for better sifting. Pretty much all personal preference though.

It's crazy to me no one seems to b into the bubble hash anymore that has always been my favorite although I do like the rosin now to.
I love bubble but it's time consuming still worth the effort to me tho.. Now tho all I do is fill a jar with bone dry trim few coins n bubble bag over the top of the jar n shake like fuck over a mirror or clean work top hell of a lot faster n less a carry on... Scrape up the kief n do whatever with it.. I like to melt it with hair straighteners on real low just to the point it just melts n dab it.. Leaves some residue on the nail but cleans off..

Back