Sweet Seeds 4 Dark Devils under 250W MH/HPS

Day 28

High fellas!

It's Day 28 since germinating and I just want to share a few pics of my DD's with you growers... They are growing so massive, that I had to tie down 3 of them. I hope you gonna like these shots:

IMG_4310.jpgIMG_4311.jpgIMG_4313.jpgIMG_4314.jpg

And as you can see, my little homebox xs is chock-full :)
IMG_4320.jpg

This weekend I will give these beauties a very first shot of alga bloom and by the end of next week I gonna switch from the MH to the 250W HPS-Lamp.

See you soon, people!

Supa

Nice update Supa :stylez rasta smoke:,
you are doing a great work and i believe you are gonna get some beautiful sweets out of this!
i'l be around to check it out ;)
sweet smokes!
J.

Looking good meng..from what I'm seeing/reading these DDs are monster growers!

@ Sweet Seeds Jay: Thanks a lot for your comment!:) Let's see how it's going to continue with my 4 devils, i really hope they give me some good couloured magic-herb!:) You're always welcome to post in my report. Peace!:)

@ molegrower: Thanks my friend! You're definitely right about the DD's... At first i was a lil' bit doubtful if that could work in my small homebox, but i'm optimistic that i can handle these babies by LST/Tying-Down. See ya!:)

im finding that every other day i gotta tie her down a bit.. just purchased a 250w MH/HPS cool tube system.. cant wait to see what they do after installing itHop digity

Nice to hear and welcome in the 250w-club! :D i'm sure you won't regret it switching to the highpressure lamps, your plants' growth will explode, trust me. :) peace bro

Nice to hear and welcome in the 250w-club! :D i'm sure you won't regret it switching to the highpressure lamps, your plants' growth will explode, trust me. :) peace bro

Thanks meng!.. have a question for ya.. anyway to get a pic of full cab area. Trying to figure out air flow.. exhaust on this new hps I picked up.. only thing hindering me installing yet.. you've seem my thread and grow space.. you think ill be alright with temps?..using my velocity fan or maybe some 120mm fans to move air thru the tube?.. just askin, cause you have used your 250hps. And you said "good exhauster".. what size fan??. thanks again

High bro! No problem, just ask... Well, here are 2 pics of my full cab area: IMG_4321.jpgIMG_4322.jpg

i wouldn't recommend you to use normal fans for your cooltube, they won't decrease the heat from the lamp that much...so if u're going to use the cooltube i would directly connect it to your exhauster, so it goes: Air-->Carbonfilter-->Exhauster-->sleeve-->Cooltube/Lamp -->sleeve--> air out of the cab! got it? ;)

For a 250W HPS i would recommend an exhauster with at least 225m3/hour power (better a bit mor like 250m3/hour) is necessary. i'm using one with 225m3/hour

Myself, i don't use a cooltube because it gulps lumens from the lamp (because of the glass). But even without a cooltube i can get good temps in the box, but there's a very important point: there has to be a good airflow. So i'm using 3 fans for air circulation in my small box...And i also placed one sleeve (for fresh air intake) directly to a semi-opend window.

Greetins
Supa

Last edited:
Thanks meng for the info.. the conversion on 225m3 per hour would be 134 cfm.. my one velocity fan is only 105cfms with out the carbon filter in front of it, sucking air threw it... well looks like until I can grab a bigger fan.. it stays t5s :-(..

No problem my friend. Dont give up! It still could work by using the cooltube, but without using the ct i would rather go for a more powerful exhauster... Peace

Back