a newbie grower saying hello

Reaction score
well hello all this is my first post ok I'm a filthy old hippie with more tye-dyes than neck ties for the first time in my life I decided to try to grow indoors I had just totally avoid it for years do to the set up cost the cost of running lights air. Conditioners humidifiers dehumidifiers fans intake and air scrubbers the odor etc etc yes I talked myself right out of it.. ive had a few very sweet outdoor grows but I decided it was time ok my location had a lot to do with it I'm in new England BRRRRR yeah man 6 months out of the year were praying for sunshine ( but now its always 73% and sunny lol..). with a humidity of around 50% yes I'm referring to my garden I started with CFL,S and they do work ya just gotta watch your plants like a hawk because you need the lights very close to your girls I kept my lights within 6 inch's and closer so I admit I burned a few leaves..well I watched about a bazillion youtube videos and did some research and was very interested in leds so I found a marys hydro 300 wt on amazon for 63 bucks I jumped on it and used the little 300 with around 16 cfls bulbs on splitter and in little round hoods and with tinfoil I poured as much light as I could onto my girls well I only grew two plants they were blue dream grown in 5 gallon buckets with foxfarm ocean forest technaflora nutes I got 44 grams of dryed buds very good pot well I was so happy with the cfls and the little 300 that I bought a 720 wt for 300 bucks on amazon now I can get another 720 for 261 bucks plus I found a discount coupon so the light is down to 251 bucks ok in a nutshell I'm a believer now ill be pushing 1440 wts in my main veg and flower room and ill use the 300 in a separate clone seedling room so hats of to leds no heat issues 1/3 the cost to run and the new mars pros are crazy folks are going to be able to dial in the right light settings for what ever strain there growing ok ive rambled enough for two post so all good things to all keep on growing

Hi gdfan,
Welcome to AFN and join the big indoor growing family. :bighug:
I am so happy you are using our light and so far the growing feedback is good, hope you can always grow happy and successful. BTW, if you have any questions or need, just feel free to post in my thread or PM me. I will try my best to help you ASAP :cooldance:

Happy growing and enjoy yourself on AFN. :woohoo:

Tina

Hi gdfan,
Welcome to AFN and join the big indoor growing family. :bighug:
I am so happy you are using our light and so far the growing feedback is good, hope you can always grow happy and successful. BTW, if you have any questions or need, just feel free to post in my thread or PM me. I will try my best to help you ASAP :cooldance:

Happy growing and enjoy yourself on AFN. :woohoo:

Tina
Tina
Hi, just wondering, I have a 300 and a 600watt, the older white models, are the Mars II models much different?

well hello all this is my first post ok I'm a filthy old hippie with more tye-dyes than neck ties for the first time in my life I decided to try to grow indoors I had just totally avoid it for years do to the set up cost the cost of running lights air. Conditioners humidifiers dehumidifiers fans intake and air scrubbers the odor etc etc yes I talked myself right out of it.. ive had a few very sweet outdoor grows but I decided it was time ok my location had a lot to do with it I'm in new England BRRRRR yeah man 6 months out of the year were praying for sunshine ( but now its always 73% and sunny lol..). with a humidity of around 50% yes I'm referring to my garden I started with CFL,S and they do work ya just gotta watch your plants like a hawk because you need the lights very close to your girls I kept my lights within 6 inch's and closer so I admit I burned a few leaves..well I watched about a bazillion youtube videos and did some research and was very interested in leds so I found a marys hydro 300 wt on amazon for 63 bucks I jumped on it and used the little 300 with around 16 cfls bulbs on splitter and in little round hoods and with tinfoil I poured as much light as I could onto my girls well I only grew two plants they were blue dream grown in 5 gallon buckets with foxfarm ocean forest technaflora nutes I got 44 grams of dryed buds very good pot well I was so happy with the cfls and the little 300 that I bought a 720 wt for 300 bucks on amazon now I can get another 720 for 261 bucks plus I found a discount coupon so the light is down to 251 bucks ok in a nutshell I'm a believer now ill be pushing 1440 wts in my main veg and flower room and ill use the 300 in a separate clone seedling room so hats of to leds no heat issues 1/3 the cost to run and the new mars pros are crazy folks are going to be able to dial in the right light settings for what ever strain there growing ok ive rambled enough for two post so all good things to all keep on growing

Nice to have you sir, don't forget to post an intro in the Live Introductions section, you will get quite a few more views/responses. That said I'm with you I had never grown indoors before this little adventure, about 2 weeks away from harvest as a matter of fact, I am running 1 300w LED panel and 135 watts of 2700k CFL's and I don't plan on looking back. LED's + Autoflowering= happy stoners with some extra money in the bank, I have barely noticed a difference in my utility bills. This community is an awesome resource for growers of all skill levels, some of the best info I have found is hiding in posts that may not be easily searchable so read your arse off. Love the avatar btw.
Grow well, be happy, spread the love.

Tina
Hi, just wondering, I have a 300 and a 600watt, the older white models, are the Mars II models much different?
Sorry for the late reply.
The spectrum actually the same, but the chips, the wires, the fans and the power supply, Mars II series will use better ones, so in long tern, the life span will be longer. :)
BTW, for sure, price is a selling point of the old white series, we are selling them without any profit. :D

Hi Gdfan! Welcome to AFN. I have come in a little late on this post, but I would like to congratulate you on your first indoor grow. I too live in New England(just outside of Boston) and started my first indoor grow with a Mars ll 700 in a 3x3 tent last April. I grew sweet tooth, Pineapple Express and tangelo rapido autos from Barneys. Isn't it great to grow your own at incredible savings? Anyway best of luck in the future.

Back