Lighting Affordable CDM lights Vs Gavita

Amnesica

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Dear all,

Sorry I suffer of Amnesia and from time to time I post twice things as I forget I have already post it. I normally check but I mainly make mistakes. If this is the case apologies in advance.

I hope this message finds you well.
Still thinking a lot about new and old type of lighting and at the moment I am very interested into CDM lights.
I am currently using a HPS 250w ( need extra warm in winter) and thinking about LED for the summer ( AC infinity 280w Samsung LED board) But considering to replace the HPS with a CDM 315W for the winter.
I heard a lot about gavita and similar, but the prices in my opinion are very high ( like some LED...about $200-300).
I found that there are alternative to the gavita 315w, like lumi or other brand which are 1/2 1/3 of gavita prices ($100). Some also including only reflector but not the enclosed gavita or similar fixture.

I was wondering if someone used them and if you consider could be right to start with.

Any help on clarifying this topic would be very much appreciated.

Regards
A

I've looked at gavita lights cause my local hydro shop sells them and yes IMO they are a bit pricey. I believe all there boards and diodes are made in house whether that is good or not I don't know..

I just looked at a lot of lights and ended up with a HLG tomahawk. Marshydro was my second choice and I run one of their lights in my other tents.

IMO look into HLG, Marshydro, ChilLed, Photontek(their pricey), and Medic grow and a few other go to cocoforcannabis.com and look at his reviews and grow light guide it was very helpful

Also I live in the northeast USA so my winters get chilly and I run led's all year

Last edited:
the prices in my opinion are very high ( like some LED...about $200-300).
All the decent LED lights folks will recommend to you will likely be in the ~$1/watt range (at least at retail/depending where you live)... :cheers:

And fwiw, I probably average about 2 grams per peak watt during a grow, and I'm only in a 2x4 and do not try for yield :baked: .

Last edited:
I've looked at gavita lights cause my local hydro shop sells them and yes IMO they are a bit pricey. I believe all there boards and diodes are made in house whether that is good or not I don't know..

I just looked at a lot of lights and ended up with a HLG tomahawk. Marshydro was my second choice and I run one of their lights in my other tents.

IMO look into HLG, Marshydro, ChilLed, Photontek(their pricey), and Medic grow and a few other go to cocoforcannabis.com and look at his reviews and grow light guide it was very helpful

Also I live in the northeast USA so my winters get chilly and I run led's all year
I am lost with PPFD.
If I look at this parameter and umol/j the best LED light I found is :
Ac Infinity IONFRAME EVO3 ( 280w)....any suggestion of similar wattage light to compare with?
Many thanks

I am lost with PPFD.
If I look at this parameter and umol/j the best LED light I found is :
Ac Infinity IONFRAME EVO3 ( 280w)....any suggestion of similar wattage light to compare with?
Many thanks

Yes I completely forgot about those lights. The AC ion evo bars are good lights too. The PPFD makes some difference but the par map and total efficiency of the lamp is what matter.

Look at the Marshydro FC-3000 EVO it should have similar ratings

Any light with the “EVO” should be good they are top of the line diodes but you pay for them

Back