Dismantling a square light to fit a rectangular tent...?

Reaction score
grettings all.

I picked up an FC 4800 earlier & the year & have had a great experience with it. Cranked down to 75% (or there abouts) it dominates my 1 metre x 1 metre (3.33ftx3.33ft) tent.

Were moving house in the new year & the space I will have at the new house is more suited to a 60cmx 120cm (2ftx4ft) rectangular tent. Spider farmer do one that's slightly bigger at 70x 140 which might be ideal.

I don't want to have to buy a new light as well as a new tent so thought a could mod the FC 4800 by taking the hinges off & having 2 x 3 bar strips. end to end it would measure a little over 160cm so too long to fit in a traditional 2x 4 tent or even the longer SF tent so I thought about sitting one set of light bars on top of the other but slightly offset so the upper set shines light between the bars of the lower set.

has anyone had any experience with doing something similar?

Thanks in advance!

grettings all.

I picked up an FC 4800 earlier & the year & have had a great experience with it. Cranked down to 75% (or there abouts) it dominates my 1 metre x 1 metre (3.33ftx3.33ft) tent.

Were moving house in the new year & the space I will have at the new house is more suited to a 60cmx 120cm (2ftx4ft) rectangular tent. Spider farmer do one that's slightly bigger at 70x 140 which might be ideal.

I don't want to have to buy a new light as well as a new tent so thought a could mod the FC 4800 by taking the hinges off & having 2 x 3 bar strips. end to end it would measure a little over 160cm so too long to fit in a traditional 2x 4 tent or even the longer SF tent so I thought about sitting one set of light bars on top of the other but slightly offset so the upper set shines light between the bars of the lower set.

has anyone had any experience with doing something similar?

Thanks in advance!
Im sure it could be done if your saavy with electronics, but I would advise against it. Especially if the light is still under warranty because that will most likely void it. The other issue I see is possible premature failure of the light itself or a possible fire hazard.

Back