Mephisto Genetics A quick Double Grape review

slowandeasy

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hey I don't have time to do a formal review but wanted to throw up a quick one. They grew very easy and yielded about 2oz each dried in 1/2 gal pots of Coco. I had about 3 phenos out of 7 plants, all nice and SUPER FROSTY!

I personally make Rosin daily, and the Double Grape is a heavy yielder! This strain gets AMAZING reviews from my patients. The buds are some of the frostiest you will grow. However, they did not really taste or smell much like Grape. I have to start more tonight, as the demand is that great! I will keep this Strain a regular. Thanks @mephisto for the quality seeds!

Did yours smell like grapes or wine when growing? Mine does its on day 56 from seed in a one gal pot of soil. Excited to try it:smoking:

Did yours smell like grapes or wine when growing? Mine does its on day 56 from seed in a one gal pot of soil. Excited to try it:smoking:
Not like Grape at all, none of them. Sour Stomper smells more grape. Mine were nother very fragrant for the frost factor. More fruity or chemmy, not the most flavorful but very potent.

Mind you I have only grown one but it had more of a citrus type smell. Did not get any grape smell at all. It has been curing for about a week and the smoke is fantastic.

I have two Double Grapes at day 45 from Sprout. Definitely two different phenos as one is super stretchy with that grapeade stench. The other is short and doesnt smell at all yet. The smell is 100% Grapey Citrus with some sour. Think grape sour patch kids. Pretty friggen awesome.
f60736cd5b231bfc36fb4e876edd7675.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have two Double Grapes at day 45 from Sprout. Definitely two different phenos as one is super stretchy with that grapeade stench. The other is short and doesnt smell at all yet. The smell is 100% Grapey Citrus with some sour. Think grape sour patch kids. Pretty friggen awesome.
f60736cd5b231bfc36fb4e876edd7675.jpg

I'm glad you have one that smells like Grape. I haven't seen anyone really say theirs smells like Grape. Super frosty and buzz, but out of 7 seeds...zero smelled of Grapes. With a name of Double Grape, I would expect it to smell like Grape somewhat. Some of my Sour Stompers we're very artificially grape smelling. I'm not mad that the Double Grapes don't smell like the name. I would call it G2, because it didn't turn purple or smell of Grape. Great strain, name doesn't fit tho.

@slowandeasy is your very sticky? Mine, at day 38 is extremely sticky but doesn't smell grapey to me either. Mine is stretchy and I'm hoping it fills in the spaces. No doubt the finished product will be stellar! Good luck!

@slowandeasy is your very sticky? Mine, at day 38 is extremely sticky but doesn't smell grapey to me either. Mine is stretchy and I'm hoping it fills in the spaces. No doubt the finished product will be stellar! Good luck!

Yes very sticky, tons of Trichs early on. But not a heavy stinker in the bunch. It won't fill in a ton. Kinda mini Sour Stompers. Easy to trim, and an excellent end product. Just don't expect heavy scents from my limited experience with them.

Interesting! I’ll have to see if I note any grape smells when I run more F2’s of my cross. I crossed a male Sour Lemon with a fem Grape Crinkle. It’s gotta be a similar effect to a double grape as the Sour Lemons effect resembles a diffuse lemon Sour Stomper if You get what I mean. The test girl was also sticky as hell.

Interesting! I’ll have to see if I note any grape smells when I run more F2’s of my cross. I crossed a male Sour Lemon with a fem Grape Crinkle. It’s gotta be a similar effect to a double grape as the Sour Lemons effect resembles a diffuse lemon Sour Stomper if You get what I mean. The test girl was also sticky as hell.
Nice Coffee Monster. I'm interested to hear more about you breeding with Mephisto strains. Do you have a diary?

Back