Indoor AB's latest grow log - Launch of the Badboy!

A

AndyBotwin

Hi everyone - after a few months winter break, it's time to get the tent cranked back up again. :smoke: After the great results with my budget HydroFarm T5s on my last grow, I decided to up the ante and go with a 6 bulb Badboy T5 fixture. More light means more plants, so I've currently got 8 seedlings already underway. On to the details:

Grow Space: LED Wholesalers 2'x4'x5' tent - No issues with this tent considering what I paid for it. It's really all the size I need. Review here: Budget Tent. 90cfm fan venting into carbon filter just like on my last grow.

Lighting: Seedlings have spent the first week under a 2' 4-bulb HydroFarm T5. In the next few days they will be tiered into larger pots and placed under a Quantum T5 Bad 365w 6 bulb fixture. For this grow I've decided to run a mixed spectrum of 3 2900k and 3 6500k throughout the grow. In the past I've preferred 6500k from the beginning to end, so I'm interested to see the results.

Medium: All seeds sprouted in 16oz party cups filled with FFLW. Will be tiered into larger pots with a mix consisting of 1/3 FFOF, 1/3 FFHF, and 1/3 perlite. I have prepared 1 3 gallon pot, 4 1.5 gallon pots, and 3 1 gallon pots. I was happy with FFOF the last time around, but I want to see what the addition of Happy Frog will do.

Nutes: Fox Farms trio, FF Kangaroots myco during initial planting, GO CalMag, and blackstrap molasses.

Strains:

WOS Afghan Kush Ryder - The only fem seed this time, it will go right into the 3 gallon pot. I love Pakistan Ryder and I'm nearly out, so I'm hoping to get a good yield from this one.

Mi5 (2) - Everybody seems to love this one, so I need to grow it for myself.

SnowRyder (2) - I'm a fan of the all the SS strains that I've tried, and I've been waiting almost a year to grow these out.

Bad Betty (2) - I've been dying to get some of AFN's finest going in my tent, and I like everything I've read about this one.

Purple AK (1) - I'm a big AK fan so I'm really looking forward to growing this AFN classic.

So off we go. Right now I'm going to say all these seedlings are at 8 days. Some cracked or sprouted a day or so from one another, but they're all on the same clock now for simplicity's sake. The plan was to germ the AKR and two each of the reg seeds, but I had a heck of a time with the PAK. One of them cracked right away and is growing well, but I went through everything trying to germ another. Freezing, soaking, filing, biting - you name it, I tried it. I finally threw in the towel so I'm left to hope that my one PAK seedling turns out to be female. I really want all girls with this grow if possible. I had hoped to set up a place to grow some males over the winter, but I never got around to it. I need to be completely wrapped up with this grow by the end of May, so unless I have a catastrophic run of male plants, I won't be starting any more after these show sex.

It's been a freakishly warm winter here, but of course as soon as I started germing seeds, the cold weather returned. So I was forced to employ some temperature and humidity controls that I had hoped to avoid. I kept the lights down low on the seedlings and added a warm mist humidifier to the tent, and that's provided an adequate environment. Temps have been around 68-72 and humidity around 50%, so it's not ideal but the plants are doing OK. They're fairly short but healthy and I'm sure they'll take off once I get them in larger pots with the Badboy running.

Nothing much to report at this point. The AKR and BB2 have a little duckfoot action with the first leaves, which has led to good plants when I've seen it in the past. Next update I'll have everything in larger pots and the full setup will be in place. Thanks for following along! :bow:

All_Day8_1.jpg

All_Day8_3.jpg

Mi5 1 and 2
Mi5_Day8_1.jpg

PAK

PAK_Day8_1.jpg

AKR

AKR_Day8_1.jpg

BB2

BB2_Day8_1.jpg

SR2

SR2_Day8_1.jpg

BB1

BB1_Day8_1.jpg

SR1

SR1_Day8_1.jpg

hey ab will be tuned in for what i am sure is gonna be a great grow!

I'm on board for this on Andy. You won't regret the BadBoy or the Mi5 :smoke: Good luck with your grow, female karma sent. :wiz:

:pop:

Hells yes. Been waiting for this. Your journals are my favorites pretty much. I loved the last two. This one I can follow along in real time though. Sweet! :pop:

I'm digging your strain choices too. I want to get some MI5 and that purple AK sounds glorious. Although I always get fems just so I don't have to deal with the possibility of males. But I know I'll eventually get some auto regs because you can't get every strain fem. Can't wait to see how this goes. I wish you the best El Andy! Rock on! :head:

Squid out :peace:

Thanks for checking in, guys! And big thanks to you Jackal for your advice and the inspiration that your awesome grows provide. :thumbs:

Looking great Andy sweet selection as well girl karma sent your way

Looking good Andy. Great choice of strains. You're gonna love the Mi5. Still kicks my butt every time.

Looking good Mr. Botwin, I'll be watching. Badboy's are the way to go!

Back