Grow Room AC/Dehumidifier recommendations?

DogterB

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a portable AC/dehumidifier for my ~11'x11' lung room. I want the dehumidifier more than anything, but worry about heating up my room. Hoping to avoid excess heat production with an air conditioner combo that vents out the window. There's a lot of portable ones out there, anyone have experience/recommendations? Thanks!

No idea on the AC/dehumidifier combo. The air coming out of our dehumidifier is considerably warm. We've had a large LG unit that does the entire basement pretty well. Noise is a consideration depending on where you grow. Ours runs 24/7 just cycling the air, you can hear the compressor kick on when it detects moisture.

That said, blowing the hot dry air right into one of the vent ducts does help keep the tents warmer in winter without the need for a separate heater. Summer is tricky. I'll be curious to hear what you end up going with.

Oh and do think about the drainage. Mine is easy as I can just run a garden hose into the basement drain. Otherwise if it's quite humid you will be emptying the bucket a lot.

I use Midea U shaped AC units. Very high EER, comparable to split systems.

My tent is near the unit, and it blows across the tent intake.

I use Midea U shaped AC units. Very high EER, comparable to split systems.

My tent is near the unit, and it blows across the tent intake.
I’ve seen those, they are nice. Unfortunately I have horizontally sliding windows. I can’t find much of anything, window unit wise, that would work very well with them. Unless I cover the window with a wood panel or something and run a unit through it somehow. If I wasn’t renting, I’d put in a mini split

Back