Live Stoners AFN Audiophiles

Some awesome news from Denon, if the rumours are true its going to be a beast of an avr and at reasonable budget.
4 independent sub woofer outputs all separately controlled by the DSP, wow. That would satisfy my tweeking for ages. Plus All the previous issues with gaming at 4k ironed out.
I better start saving

love watching Audioholics

Some awesome news from Denon, if the rumours are true its going to be a beast of an avr and at reasonable budget.
4 independent sub woofer outputs all separately controlled by the DSP, wow. That would satisfy my tweeking for ages. Plus All the previous issues with gaming at 4k ironed out.
I better start saving

love watching Audioholics

Looks great.
Funny how all things go digital and I'm doing my darndest to stay away. . . I mean I do listen to a lot of digital sources, ROON on R-Pi's, I have many, many DACs, I have even built a few. However the rest of the chain is all analog. I was looking at using DSP along with an RTA and calibrated mic but have backed off. I am going to use the same analyzer/mic to bi-amp / active crossover , room tuning, etc. to get as close to the response I like.
After that I'll be building a new Phono pre, pretty psyched about that too! Winter weather is coming and that's when I fire up the electronics workbench!!

Last edited:
Looks great.
Funny how all things go digital and I'm doing my darndest to stay away. . . I mean I do listen to a lot of digital sources, ROON on R-Pi's, I have many, many DACs, I have even built a few. However the rest of the chain is all analog. I was looking at using DSP along with an RTA and calibrated mic but have backed off. I am going to use the same analyzer/mic to bi-amp / active crossover , room tuning, etc. to get as close to the response I like.
After that I'll be building a new Phono pre, pretty psyched about that too! Winter weather is coming and that's when I fire up the electronics workbench!!
I The DAC, Streamer, and Software is a PITA . I am running a NAD 658 preamp streamer right now. Not totally happy, but the rabbit hole is huge. I have an Adcom TI chip ladder DAC lying on my bench that I need to give attention to, New Burson Opamps and modified. I have been looking at maybe building a pair of Aleph J. I just painted the baffles for my new speaker project and will have them assembled next week. The DBX PA2 is going to run them. That gives you the room correction as well. My present room is Fucked. Great Plains Audio said that you could not get Altecs to sound better using any crossover better than what the PA2 could do. I just think if I am going to do multiple sets of speakers building high-end crossovers will kill you. I was at some builds and some I was looking at $1500 for the crossovers. Sourcing the parts has become a pain as well. The Bi-amping is not cheap but, may be cheaper and better in the long run.The NAD has a limited DIRAC, I could pay for the rest but I am running one sub and you need two for DIRAC to work. But it does work well for me as is, I am hoping the PA2 which will do all frequencies will be even better and works with one sub. I will let you know of my struggles and victories going forward with this

Can’t tell you how much I love music. I listen to a wide range of genres in music. Honestly, cannabis plays no roles in influencing my musical tastes but I certainly do l enjoy music that is influenced by cannabis/its’ cannabis community or has influences from cannabis and/or it’s community/culture.

However, right now I am tuning into some Grimes before sleep

I got my speakers up and running "sort of". They are running on the dbx pa2 crossover,EQ, room EQ. They are being test with different crossover points and PEQ. I have at least one more pair of waveguides to try. These are beaming a little bit, more my positioning than the horn. When I get a chance I will veneer them. I wanted to test them first before putting any more work into them. They sound about a 8 out of 10 but will get better. I ha.ve a lot t do on them yet.

IMG_20220918_173302753.jpg

Back