Am I ok so far?

Reaction score
Today is exactly 5 weeks from germination on my first grow. I think I see the very beginnings of flowers mid plant. Does this seem to be on schedule for Gorilla Glue from Growers Choice? To me this plant seems bushy and very compact. I’m so afraid of messing up. Growing in FFOF in 3 gal cloth bags under a Viparspectra P1000 at 18”. Water runoff at 6.6, Thursday I gave my first feeding of GH Flora Gro and Flora Micro. Constructive criticism welcomed.
296DE659-B920-4FEA-BF7F-BF8228421B6F.jpeg

Today is exactly 5 weeks from germination on my first grow. I think I see the very beginnings of flowers mid plant. Does this seem to be on schedule for Gorilla Glue from Growers Choice? To me this plant seems bushy and very compact. I’m so afraid of messing up. Growing in FFOF in 3 gal cloth bags under a Viparspectra P1000 at 18”. Water runoff at 6.6, Thursday I gave my first feeding of GH Flora Gro and Flora Micro. Constructive criticism welcomed. View attachment 1355209
Shes very small for 5 weeks but she looks healthy .how big is your space have you got enough to grow another along side her i just thought at least you have another for comparison also this girl should start stretching soon and open herself up but you could higher you light a little

Shes very small for 5 weeks but she looks healthy .how big is your space have you got enough to grow another along side her i just thought at least you have another for comparison also this girl should start stretching soon and open herself up but you could higher you light a little
My grow space is a 4x2x5 tent with 2 P1000 leds. I was planning two autos this grow. Both seeds germinated and one morning my freebie Candy Kush seedling was bent in half. Despite efforts to keep her upright she died.
I will be out of town shortly after dry and cure so that’s why I didn’t start another seed.

@Dulcinut :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:She looks very healthy but a bit short? She does not look like she is even close to flowering. I cannot even see if she is a she yet!

Is this an auto?

Be careful FFOF is hot and it does not look like you need to feed anything yet. Your PH is fine. When you do start feeding use the vendor chart at about 80% strength of the light feed chart. Be sure to use ALL 3 products.

2021-08-14_12-45-22.jpg

@Dulcinut :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:She looks very healthy but a bit short? She does not look like she is even close to flowering. I cannot even see if she is a she yet!

Is this an auto?

Be careful FFOF is hot and it does not look like you need to feed anything yet. Your PH is fine. When you do start feeding use the vendor chart at about 80% strength of the light feed chart. Be sure to use ALL 3 products.

View attachment 1355315

Yes it is an auto.
I had read some folks saying FFOF is hot and others saying that was true awhile ago but that it was reformulated.
Rather than take a chance since this is my first attempt, I used seed starter in a peat pot. When it was transplant time I filled roughly half the grow bag with FFOF then I added a layer of 50-50 mix of FFOF and seed starter. I then cut the bottom off the peat pot and filled the 50.50 mix to the peat pot top. My thought was that the roots would go into the mix and and hopefully not be shocked by FFOF.
The plant seems to be healthy enough with lots of growth just very short.
It was suggested that I raise the lights some and I did that hoping to gain some height.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it is an auto.
I had read some folks saying FFOF is hot and others saying that was true awhile ago but that it was reformulated.
Rather than take a chance since this is my first attempt, I used seed starter in a peat pot. When it was transplant time I filled roughly half the grow bag with FFOF then I added a layer of 50-50 mix of FFOF and seed starter. I then cut the bottom off the peat pot and filled the 50.50 mix to the peat pot top. My thought was that the roots would go into the mix and and hopefully not be shocked by FFOF.
The plant seems to be healthy enough with lots of growth just very short.
It was suggested that I raise the lights some and I did that hoping to gain some height.
Adding more far red to your lights will encourage taller plants and raising lights in early weeks can also encourage some stretch but the majority is attributable to genetics.

It is not a good idea to stratify soil. First off a cannabis tap root can grow 9 inches in three days. If a tap root hits a layer that is too hot it may stop growing all together stunting the plant. Second the laws of physics dictates that as water percolates through soil when it his a new strata the water must saturate the layer above before it will penetrate the next level. I don't think you have a stratification since the soils are primarily the same. The first statement is in play for sure. Homogeneous soil is best.

When you cut the bottom off of the peat pot you may have cut the tip of the tap root off. You can get away with this with Photoperiod plants but not with Autos. It is really best to plant the seed right in the pot it will grow in. It is ok to make a divot in hot soil like FFOF (if that is all you can get) and fill with seed starter to try to get a better start. Just get better soil and avoid all the work arounds.

Pro-mix high prosperity mycorrhizae
Great stuff, sounds like rice crispys on steroids when watered. It’s peat moss & perlite .

I’ll also agree with the one home right from the start... but I’m terrible at sticking to it, i just love to test stuffs limits ..

Oh and welcome bud,

Back