Am I underwatering?

Greengrower

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
This girl is 4 weeks old today (from sprout) she's in 17L of medium(biobizz light mix and added perlite) how much water would you be giving her and how frequently? I'm currently giving 500ml and it's been that way for about a week and a half once every three days however I fed her a day early today (water wasn't due until tomorrow) because the medium felt dry enough for a water. Just curious as to what others think

Just a note, I believe she has nitrogen toxicity also.
IMG_20190502_173227639.jpg

IMG_20190502_144344626.jpg

I’m no expert but 500ml is not a lot of water. My advice would be to lift the pot. If it’s light water it with about 1/2-1 gallon of water. Don’t water again until it’s light when picked up. You probably want to see some run off out the bottom of the pot.

I'm at almost 3 weeks with a 2gal grow bag they are getting 2L every 3 days when the pot feels light.

I’m no expert but 500ml is not a lot of water. My advice would be to lift the pot. If it’s light water it with about 1/2-1 gallon of water. Don’t water again until it’s light when picked up. You probably want to see some run off out the bottom of the pot.
I watered 500ml one day, had a day gap and gave it another 500ml and she appeared overwatered like this.
IMG_20190503_020137811.jpg

I went to bed and 8 hours later she looked like this
IMG_20190503_101640544.jpg

I should probably add more info about the last water. She was fed then 12 hours went by before the first picture where i think she's over watered then the following picture is 8 hours after the first, hope that makes sense

She wants more imo. Is the pot light when you pick it up?

Much as someone has prudently suggested you drain-to-waste, water until you get run-off at the bottom, it should be (near) impossible to overwater a good commercial soil/media product (presumably at least somewhat airy, not totally dense) with added perlite.

Much as someone has prudently suggested you drain-to-waste, water until you get run-off at the bottom, it should be (near) impossible to overwater a good commercial soil/media product (presumably at least somewhat airy, not totally dense) with added perlite.

I'll be watering until I get about 20% run off on my next feed

Back