Fast Buds Anyone top a Tangie auto

McDee

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Has anyone topped a Tangie? I have 2 of them, but I heard they don't like to be trained, and the get tall. Can anyone say one way or the other? Tent is only 5' tall so training is kinda necessary. Love to do this 1 next grow, but need to train her.

Has anyone topped a Tangie? I have 2 of them, but I heard they don't like to be trained, and the get tall. Can anyone say one way or the other? Tent is only 5' tall so training is kinda necessary. Love to do this 1 next grow, but need to train her.
If they get tall you should be able to train them. A lower-risk method might be just to bend her over. I've done that a couple of times and there's no risk and you'll get a bunch of tops. That'll keep her below your light...

If they get tall you should be able to train them. A lower-risk method might be just to bend her over. I've done that a couple of times and there's no risk and you'll get a bunch of tops. That'll keep her below your light...
I've had these seeds for like 5yrs because I heard tangie is sensitive. I didn't know it was an energetic cultivar, or else I would have done it by now lol.

You could try the @420autoflower method. They simply place one single stake and pull the top over. Looks to produce some amazing plants. Might be a gentle enough method to help with height and not stress the plant.

Here's their thread. Once it's at about the point you would normall top, just one coat hanger hook gets placed.

You could try the @420autoflower method. They simply place one single stake and pull the top over. Looks to produce some amazing plants. Might be a gentle enough method to help with height and not stress the plant.

Here's their thread. Once it's at about the point you would normall top, just one coat hanger hook gets placed.

I prefer to top than pull main cola down tbh. I don't like how it changed the structure of the plant. I used to do that, but have grown to like topping better. I think I may just go for it. If she don't like it too bad lol! :naughtystep:

I prefer to LST my autos but day before yesterday, on Day 24, I put the stem under too much tension and it snapped between Node 4 & 5. I'm currently reading up on NugBuckets mainlining technique and time will tell. Pics of damage on Wednesday and recovery as of today.

Attachments

• BBD Day 24 snapped main.jpg
    BBD Day 24 snapped main.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 13
  • BBD Day 27  3 days after snap.jpg
    BBD Day 27 3 days after snap.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 10
I prefer to LST my autos but day before yesterday, on Day 24, I put the stem under too much tension and it snapped between Node 4 & 5. I'm currently reading up on NugBuckets mainlining technique and time will tell. Pics of damage on Wednesday and recovery as of today.
Been there bud it sucks, but it's ok tho. You went down swing, and ain't nothing wrong with that. I'd much rather say whoa than sic em! That's gonna happen sometimes, as I like to say that's the cost of doing business. I'd rather be aggressive push my plants to their fullest. Now, sometimes you gotta know when to fold 'em as well. Figure out when you go to far, and pull back. They are tough little bastards they can take a lot, most of them anyway. She will be ok Mainlining is on my radar for sure! Once I get more room I want to give it a go. That way if I kill it I will have more plants to fall back on.

I prefer to top than pull main cola down tbh. I don't like how it changed the structure of the plant. I used to do that, but have grown to like topping better. I think I may just go for it. If she don't like it too bad lol! :naughtystep:

I mean just look how @Vapo tortures the living heck out of his plants. Doesn't seem to suffer much. Beat them how you please! hahahaha

I mean just look how @Vapo tortures the living heck out of his plants. Doesn't seem to suffer much. Beat them how you please! hahahaha
I think it's like working out. You gotta add a little stress to get a reaction, and build bigger. Results do speak for themselves . I can get a little rough at times, but they are better for it. It's like a game how far can I go lol.

Back