Are Autos Easier To Grow Than Photos?

Depends on what is meant by hard.

I found it rather easy to get my first autos to good harvest.

Don't get me wrong there were issues and the quality could of been better for sure. However the flower was still better than the brick stuff common here. And way cheaper and just as good as the better stuff sold here.

I had never grown cannabis of any kind to the point of flowers much less actually harvesting.

I bought my first tent three years ago with a cheap blurple and some home made cfl fixtures. I got tired of supporting the black market.

I had been raising vegetables since I was old enough to follow the adults around the plowed fields planting seed.

I have been tending my flower beds and my fruit trees and shrubs since well....I'm 51 now..... But had no real experience growing cannabis.

The first auto I grew in my 2x4 tent with a cheap blurple and some cfls's produced two ounces, the next was around 3.5 oz.

After ten or so my best was just under 5 oz off one plant. Haven't yet managed to repeat that success again....

Just growing a nice plant to harvest is not hard at all.

Pushing one to the limits of light and fertilizer in an effort to get the very maximum out of a plant....now that's a different subject all together I think.

The photo's I have tried to grow were so long ago and such a ghetto rigged grow with bag seed I can't even use it as a point of reference. I can emphatically say that auto's are not nearly as easy to grow as advertised. I'm about 9 months in to my journey and I am really just starting to dial things in but I have a ways to go.

I have thought about switching to photo's but I'm to stubborn to stop growing auto before I master them. Plus I just bought $500 worth of Mephisto genetics, which from everything I hear is the way to go.

:nono: HELL NO :nono:

With that said, they have taught me more than photos have :thumbsup:

photos and autos both have their place in the toolbox, I have had good and bad with both. Personally if I was going to do an outdoor grow then autos would be my goto......they just finish when they are ready.

I feel like such a sucker buying into the BS and then buying more seeds thinking it was the genetics. Seems like maybe the breeders hyped them up since they are hard to clone and will result in more sales.
I don't even know if I'm going to try and grow the $500 worth of Mephisto I just bought. Already ordered some photos for the next round.

I feel like such a sucker buying into the BS and then buying more seeds thinking it was the genetics. Seems like maybe the breeders hyped them up since they are hard to clone and will result in more sales.
I don't even know if I'm going to try and grow the $500 worth of Mephisto I just bought. Already ordered some photos for the next round.
Unless your getting cuts, photos can be hit or miss. Most of the "big name" photos are crosses that didn't get worked much, the selected 1 plant out of the bunch and cloned it. Have had a higher percentage of "meh" weed running photos from seed than autos.

Unless your getting cuts, photos can be hit or miss. Most of the "big name" photos are crosses that didn't get worked much, the selected 1 plant out of the bunch and cloned it. Have had a higher percentage of "meh" weed running photos from seed than autos.

It's hard finding keepers with desirable structure, aroma, taste, and high. I've only found two cuts in 3 years worth keeping. Everything is an art I guess

It's hard finding keepers with desirable structure, aroma, taste, and high. I've only found two cuts in 3 years worth keeping. Everything is an art I guess
Sometimes it's just a #s game. Much better chances of finding "the one" when 100 or 500 plants are involved. Unless we're working together, the chances we'll run across that 1/500 is, well... rare.

Back