New Grower Autopot / Coco Indoor Grow - Dutch Passion Think Different and Seedsman Amnesia Haze

Just did a slurry test and it came out at PH 6.5 and EC 0.6... run off being PH 7.0 and EC 1.6. Going in, I always gave nutrients with a PH of 5.8 - 6 and EC of 1.0.
I am thinking I should mix some nutrients of 0.5EC MC and PH of 5.8 to lower the nutrients and get things back to normal.

Welcome to any feedback on this.

I'd do that.

I did another flush with about 1.3 gallons of nutes with a PH of 5.8 and EC of 1.0. The run off PH was at 6.8 and EC was at 1.2 for two of my plants (Think Different 2 middle and Amnesia Haze). The Think Different 1 had a PH runoff of 6.8 but EC of 0.8. I know the PH is not accurate but I think the EC run off is telling me some positive signs.

Either way, I think this was the way to go and these ladies just needed food. Going to let the coco dry for a full day or two before watering again. Hoping that this will allow a boost in growth.

Keep us posted on what you get from the runoff you get now... I have kept healthy photo strains bigger than your plants in coco hempys watering every day with less than 0.5 Ec of MC... so i wouldn't worry about them needing more nutes just now if you do a daily nutes watering to drain at around that EC.
BTW, do they still have cotyledons? if so... what color are they? Just curious.

Also... did you do the slurry test? You really also need to make sure pH is in place before increasing nutrients an dcause more buildup. When I did my recent slurry tests they came out way below 5.8 despite runoff pH being above 6.5 with input at 6.0. I'm using the same coco from previous batches where i had Mg def (among other things) and in which I tried just increasing Mg to solve the symptoms and used 5.8-6.0 pH for watering... didn't work really until i had pH in better range. This run i decided to be more on top of the pH of both medium and water... no Mag def yet and i'm using less Epsoms and less Calmag and less MC now.

By the way, they still have cotyledons and they are slightly yellow.

... Going to let the coco dry for a full day or two before watering again. Hoping that this will allow a boost in growth.

Glad to see you're being able to lower the EC. Just make sure the coco doesn't actually go dry... coco should remain moist, don't treat it as soil. If it dries too much EC will spike up again and cause dry pockets and pH problems, etc. And you have a pretty good amount of perlite so over-watering/waterlogging shouldn't be an issue.
I'd focus on getting their green back and lowering the EC of the other two plants before doing anything to boost growth, and daily watering till run off at a moderate EC (max 0.8 EC of MC) would help you with keeping them fed while getting their green back without risking another buildup and keeping coco moist and in a lower/safer EC while they recover.

Also, next pics if possible try to take outside the tent with natural light or with the tent's light off and camera flash... just to make sure about their color. And if cotys haven't gone brown i think it's kind of a good sign... meaning, i think, that the plants haven't had to use up all their reserves yet.

Last edited:
Day 25 - Looks like the nutrients are being taken in, as plants seem a little brighter today. Emptied some minor leftover run off this morning, which showed a PH of 7.2 and EC of 1.1 so looking like things are back to normal.

One thing is that I have been seeing some yellow leaf spots which I am concerned my be leaf septoria? I thought that I had some mycelium growth but I am not thinking it may have been fungus or mineral build up based on these pics? Thoughts on how to fix this? Should I cut these affected leaves (just one on each plant) or flush with 50% hydrogren peroxide?

What I thought was Mycelium but may be fungus: this was from a week ago

Mycelium.JPG

Think Different 2 - middle - There is a single dark spot on a leaf that looks bad
Leaf Sept 2.JPG

Think Different 1 - Is this leaf septoria?

Leaf Septoria.JPG

Other than that, they are looking greener and perky

Think Different 1 -

TD 1.JPG
\

Think Different 2 -

TD 2.JPG

Amnesia Haze - By far the best growth..

AH.JPG

Looking better!
I'd say not to worry about much the fluffy white thing... just make sure to water over it when you fertigate and put come coco on top of it and have airflow over the pots. I wouldn't mess more with the roots right now adding other things different from the MC, Epsoms and maybe a little bit of hydroguard now and then to keep roots healthy.
And no.. don't cut off leaves. i'd expect some symptoms to pop up now from all the recent changes and swings, and her getting greener will make those symptoms more evident... and if there were dry spots in the medium, some roots must have been damaged and this will be reflected in leaves as blotches or spots. Focus more on new growth color for now. And also cosider doing some of your fertigations closer to 6.0.. maybe 2 watering at 5.8 and the next 1 between 6.0-6.3... just to make sure they get some Mg directly from the fresh nutes.

Last edited:
Day 26 - They have seem some major growth. I did a last minute change to Jacks 3 2 1 nutrients, because of my fear that MC will clog up the autopot rez (I have the old 1/4 inch pipe version). I stopped with the Great White and am now just doing Jacks 3 2 1 and Hydroguard. They took it in real well and have had steady growth.. I think these plants just needed to get nutrients the whole time.

I am planning on turning on the aquavalve tonight or tomorrow as 2/3 plants are ready. The middle one is still small but growing but still small. Was thinking of putting that in a separate 2x2.5 tent to give the space room.

Nutrients - Per Gallon
Jacks 5-12-26 - 3.6g
Jacks Cal Nit - 2.4g
Epson Salt - 1.1g
Hydroguard 2.0ML

Lights are down to 25inches
Temp: 79-82°f
RH: 53-62%
Light Cycle: 24/0

Space of Closet

Area.JPG

Think Different 1 - Under HLG 135v2 @ 80% - 25 inches

TD 1.JPG

Think Different 2 - Small but I am seeing growth and leaves.

TD 2.JPG

Amnesia Haze - Under HLG 100 3000K - 25 inches

AH.JPG

Cheers and thanks to @elcoloan for the advice..

Day 26 - They have seem some major growth. I did a last minute change to Jacks 3 2 1 nutrients, because of my fear that MC will clog up the autopot rez (I have the old 1/4 inch pipe version). I stopped with the Great White and am now just doing Jacks 3 2 1 and Hydroguard. They took it in real well and have had steady growth.. I think these plants just needed to get nutrients the whole time.

I am planning on turning on the aquavalve tonight or tomorrow as 2/3 plants are ready. The middle one is still small but growing but still small. Was thinking of putting that in a separate 2x2.5 tent to give the space room.

Nutrients - Per Gallon
Jacks 5-12-26 - 3.6g
Jacks Cal Nit - 2.4g
Epson Salt - 1.1g
Hydroguard 2.0ML

Lights are down to 25inches
Temp: 79-82°f
RH: 53-62%

Space of Closet

View attachment 1244103

Think Different 1 - Under HLG 135v2 @ 80% - 25 inches

View attachment 1244107

Think Different 2 - Small but I am seeing growth and leaves.

View attachment 1244109

Amnesia Haze - Under HLG 100 3000K - 25 inches

View attachment 1244110

Cheers and thanks to @elcoloan for the advice..

Oh they look so much better! So happy for you!
Don't rush into activating the system just yet. Wait until leaves have reached and passed the edge of the pots.
And FYI... I also have the 1/4 pipes, and i use MC v1 which really slimes up easily and i've never had a clogged pipe. I do pass hot water though them after each run.

I was really considering switching to Jack's as well.

I have some sitting in my room unopened. Not sure how the girls would like the switch right now.

Day 29 - Autopot has been turned on. I did a quick test yesterday by turning on the valve, letting the trays fill, and turning it off. This allowed me to check the tray to see if the pot was feeding through it throughout the day. Once I saw that it was feeding, I felt the roots were big enough and I turned on the valve permanently.

Lowered the lights to around 15 inches, which I am carefully monitoring if it is too low for my HLG lights (did the heat under hand test).
My temperature rose so I am keeping it steady at 81 with my fans on.

Nutrients - Per Gallon
Jacks 5-12-26 - 3.6g
Jacks Cal Nit - 2.4g
Epson Salt - 1.1g
Hydroguard 2.0ML

Lights are down to 15inches
Temp: 81°f
RH: 55%

Think Different 1 - This is under the HLG 135 @ 80%, 15 inches. The drooping is a little concerning but feel it has a nice color.

TD 1.JPG

TD 1 side 2.JPG

Think Different 2 - Still growing... A little cal mag def?

TD 2.JPG

Amnesia Haze - This one is growing fast. Grew 4 inches in a day! This is under the HLG 100 3000K at 100% 15 inches.

AH.JPG
AH side.JPG

Any feedback or tips appreciated.

Happy Growing..

Back