New Grower Autopot / Coco Indoor Grow - Dutch Passion Think Different and Seedsman Amnesia Haze

Day 31 - Seeing some growth and they are definitely drinking as my res is getting smaller.

That said, I am seeing some mycelium or fungus on the top of my medium.

@elcoloan @St. Tom @blue @Mañ'O'Green @Simplicio - Have you all seen this before? Is this something to be concerned about

IMG_2715.JPG

IMG_2717.JPG

Plants are looking good though

AH 1.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2715.JPG
    IMG_2715.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 20
Day 31 - Seeing some growth and they are definitely drinking as my res is getting smaller.

That said, I am seeing some mycelium or fungus on the top of my medium.

@elcoloan @St. Tom @blue @Mañ'O'Green @Simplicio - Have you all seen this before? Is this something to be concerned about

View attachment 1245390

View attachment 1245388

Plants are looking good though

View attachment 1245389

Yup, its normal when you have the medium so low in the pot, high RH in that zone, and air doesn't seem to circulate well there. I'd put a thin layer of just perlite and then water a bit from the top with hydrogruard, just to get that new layer moist and make sure air is hitting the surface.

Thanks!
A few questions:

1.) Do you think top feeding at this point is ok? Would just put hydroguard and maybe great white? PH would be at 5.8.
2.) Would I top feed to drain?
3.) Do you think having a fan circulating air above the medium would help?

Happy growing

Thanks!
A few questions:

1.) Do you think top feeding at this point is ok? Would just put hydroguard and maybe great white? PH would be at 5.8.
2.) Would I top feed to drain?
3.) Do you think having a fan circulating air above the medium would help?

Happy growing

1 & 2: Better not top feed now if you already have the system working, but i don't think it would harm it if you want to do it. What I meant is to just give that new layer a little watering to get it moist with hydroguard in case that fluffy stuff is bad and hydroguard could take care of it... and no need to water till drain... just a bit to cover all the surface. And no, i wouldn't use the Great White.
3. Yes, thats my point, but actually getting the wind to the surface of the medium and not be blocked by the walls of the pot. Stagnant air plus wet medium get's you that fluffy stuff.

Doing some research, I realize this can be either mycelium (from the great white) or mold (from the fact that I only had a bottom fan circulating air up and an inline fan on top taking it out). I did not have a fan over the medium to keep the coco moist or not stale.

That said, either case, I believe this is normal and ok, as long as the leaves do not touch the medium.

However, my lower leaves down below are touching slightly on the medium where the mycelium is. Is this going to be a problem where this will spred? Should I just generally leave this alone?

Thanks,

Doing some research, I realize this can be either mycelium (from the great white) or mold (from the fact that I only had a bottom fan circulating air up and an inline fan on top taking it out). I did not have a fan over the medium to keep the coco moist or not stale.

That said, either case, I believe this is normal and ok, as long as the leaves do not touch the medium.

However, my lower leaves down below are touching slightly on the medium where the mycelium is. Is this going to be a problem where this will spred? Should I just generally leave this alone?

Thanks,

just cover it. and yeah, not ideal for leaves to be tocuhing that wet medium but just keep air flowing over them or use sometihing to tutor the leaf up.

Would putting sand on top of my medium make sense at this point in time? I wouldn’t be top feeding and this would help prevent fungus gnats and mold but also feel if I have to flush, this would be a problem.

Would putting sand on top of my medium make sense at this point in time? I wouldn’t be top feeding and this would help prevent fungus gnats and mold but also feel if I have to flush, this would be a problem.
I wouldn't... just put some coco or perlite, or both.

Day 34 - Looking like they are about to flower soon. I am noticing that all three plants have leaves that are curling down and specifically my Think Different 1 (right) is a dark green with some weird leaves.

Not sure if this is pythium, nitrogen toxicity, or light heat? The only thing I really changed was adding an extra fan for circulation and raised the lights to 18 inches.

Anyone have any idea what this may be and what I can do? I know it may be too late to defoliate but do you think this will be an issue?

Nutrients - Per Gallon
Jacks 5-12-26 - 3.6g
Jacks Cal Nit - 2.4g
Epson Salt - 1.1g
Hydroguard 2.0ML

Lights went up to 18 inches
Temp: 75-81°f
RH: 55% - 65%
Light Cycle: 24/0

Set up:
Set Up.JPG

Fan Set up

Fan Placement.JPG

Think Different 1 (right side) - Overall darker green than all others. I am seeing leaves curling down but also some weird rips. I do not see any bugs but hoping this isnt pythium or something that I can not fix.

TD 1 - Droop.JPG

Think Different 1 (leaves that are ripped)
TD 1 - Leaves.JPG

Amnesia Haze - I am seeing some cal deficiency and curling

AH Side.JPG

Amnesia Haze Curling and Cal deficiency?

AH Leaves Curl.JPG

AH Cal.JPG

Think Different 2 -

TD 2.JPG

Any feedback and tips are greatly appreciated.

Happy Growing!

Back