Live Stoners Back in the saddle :-)

Shireling

New User
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
The bottom of the jar :-(
Hi AFN, It feels good to be back in the saddle :) After quite a few years off growing I realised how much I miss it and have decided to fire up the old wardrobe again.
Wow, things have changed in a few short years, the tech' and the wealth of factual and science based knowledge is mindblowing, not to mention the AFN community seems pretty chill and super helpful (I wonder why ;-) Anyway, I've been lurking around here for a couple of weeks just going through threads and seeing whats new and trying to digest as much as possible to avoid any painfuly stupid questions over the coming months.
I started off pretty oldschool with CFL and HID growing both autos and photos mostly organic but I've dabbled with chem" nutes on occasion, they have always been small grows wardobe/tents with a focus on stealth and efficiency, that ended up taking me down the LED path (Grow Northern Ms006 and Holographic series) and into blurple territory and noisy cooling fans, I must admit I had a mixture of very good and very bad results, it was around this time I started loosing interest and packed away the tent.
Now with the arrival of Quantum boards the game has finally changed and LED is doing what I hoped it would 7 years ago and I am all over it!...
So after lots of reading, watching videos on everthing LED and jumping back and forth from AFN I have decided to Get a Mars hydro 600w for veg and seedlings as it seems well balanced for general growing and has a good amount of blue, and one of the 240watt Quantum board setups from alibaba for flower (I haven't decided which one yet) but I will be ordering that in a few weeks when I can afford it.
I've sprouted only 2 seeds so far, Kripple shock fem photo (Dr Krippling) and the free Gorilla Glue auto that came with the order most likely The auto will end up under the Mars 600 in the veg area but we will see.
Going to be using the Biotabs nute system with Fabric pots in Autopot trays for simplicity.
Any advice or insights gratefully recieved.

Cheers
Shireling :kitty:

Welcome. :welcome:

I lurked for a long time so I know where you are coming from. We all continue to make some mistakes or minor hiccup in a grow. Well I know I do. I would say to get UV and Far red on the board. I believe that it makes a difference.

Good growing

Welcome. :welcome:

I lurked for a long time so I know where you are coming from. We all continue to make some mistakes or minor hiccup in a grow. Well I know I do. I would say to get UV and Far red on the board. I believe that it makes a difference.

Good growing

Hey @Nosias, Great to meet a fellow lurker, I was a member here some years ago but I just read the posts and drooled over Seymourbuds yeilds :worship: I never introduced myself to the community (I wish I had in hindsight). Also yes, made many mistakes in my time but its part of the learning process.
As far as the QBs go I'm looking at 3000k LM301b with 660nm,730nm and UV or something like that for flowering, it seems there is no magic combo just what will work for me in my setup, I'm space limited so I don't want too much stretch, still much to read and watch before I decide, exciting times ahead :smokeit:

Hi AFN, It feels good to be back in the saddle :) After quite a few years off growing I realised how much I miss it and have decided to fire up the old wardrobe again.
Wow, things have changed in a few short years, the tech' and the wealth of factual and science based knowledge is mindblowing, not to mention the AFN community seems pretty chill and super helpful (I wonder why ;-) Anyway, I've been lurking around here for a couple of weeks just going through threads and seeing whats new and trying to digest as much as possible to avoid any painfuly stupid questions over the coming months.
I started off pretty oldschool with CFL and HID growing both autos and photos mostly organic but I've dabbled with chem" nutes on occasion, they have always been small grows wardobe/tents with a focus on stealth and efficiency, that ended up taking me down the LED path (Grow Northern Ms006 and Holographic series) and into blurple territory and noisy cooling fans, I must admit I had a mixture of very good and very bad results, it was around this time I started loosing interest and packed away the tent.
Now with the arrival of Quantum boards the game has finally changed and LED is doing what I hoped it would 7 years ago and I am all over it!...
So after lots of reading, watching videos on everthing LED and jumping back and forth from AFN I have decided to Get a Mars hydro 600w for veg and seedlings as it seems well balanced for general growing and has a good amount of blue, and one of the 240watt Quantum board setups from alibaba for flower (I haven't decided which one yet) but I will be ordering that in a few weeks when I can afford it.
I've sprouted only 2 seeds so far, Kripple shock fem photo (Dr Krippling) and the free Gorilla Glue auto that came with the order most likely The auto will end up under the Mars 600 in the veg area but we will see.
Going to be using the Biotabs nute system with Fabric pots in Autopot trays for simplicity.
Any advice or insights gratefully recieved.

Cheers
Shireling :kitty:

heya @Shireling and :welcome: to afn! :toke: first off, there'z no such animal as a stupid ques here, painful or otherwize...got a ques-? -> fire away! :shooty: and secondly, quite simply, it'z all about -> grow, learn, grow again ;) great commune here & anything u need, jus give a holler :thumbsup:

ppp & :goodluck:

:420:
unnamed (4).jpg

Thanks @420Forever :cool1: I appreciate that there are no stupid questions but it's still better to search for knowledge first, then it's just a case of filling in the gaps!..

Current setup: Lights, Grow Northern Holographic series and some small daylight cfl tubes to balance the spectrum, humidifier, small usb fan, tube heaters run from remote thermostat. Currently waiting for a Mars 600w to be delivered :cooldance:

Kripple shock photoperiod, day 7 since she popped, she's got a bit of a curve going on, can't remember what would cause that but it's all been a bit of a rush, I didn't really nail the germ process as I was still waiting for things to arrive in the post, still looks generally happy.

20200605_141405.jpg
View attachment 1199197
20200605_141331.jpg

Gorilla Glue auto (Free with order) also day 7, again didn't nail the germ process and she has way more of a curve to the leaf but it was a free seed so I'm basically playing weed roulette :shrug:

20200605_141440.jpg
20200605_141248.jpg

:biggrin:

Attachments

• 20200605_141331.jpg
    20200605_141331.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 26
Back