Basket Cannabis... Perhaps a way to open up new grafting techniques for auto flowers?

Will it work, Yes or no?

• yes its possible to fuse autos at the main stem

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

budwise

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hello, Autoflower.net Budwise here

Decently experienced grower been lurking around AFN for years now picking up tips and learning new things, a big fan of the myth-busting community here and i want to mark my official introduction here with a question.

Anyone ever heard of basket trees? if not go look up John Krubsack, and Axel Erlandson two practitioners of this form of grafting. More of an art form, these guys create pretty funky looking structures by weaving tree trunks together. Given that cannabis responds pretty well to grafting and this seems to be more of a "low stress approach", do you think it could be feasible to conjoin cannabis seedlings and make them fuse into a plant with a single main trunk?

If so, what would occur if you fused an autoflower and a photoperiod in this manner? You have the potential for two unique rootstocks feeding metabolites and nutrients through a single mainstem no? I have no clue how flowering is triggered in autoflowers but i suspect the roots have something to do with it. You probably know where im going with this but im a madman who dreams of a world of autoflowering photoperiods.

Just for the record I am going to attempt this and will post the results here after my latest growth finishes up. It won't be for a couple of months but I wanted to at least get the discussion going to see if anyone thinks its worth the attempt.

maybe I'm just late and this has been done before. if anything someone point me in the right direction if this has been done.

Yes I believe it should work, however the auto cutting would continue to auto flower and the photo period would continue to grow until the light was set to 12/12.

We'd love to see this as an experiment!

Hello, Autoflower.net Budwise here

Decently experienced grower been lurking around AFN for years now picking up tips and learning new things, a big fan of the myth-busting community here and i want to mark my official introduction here with a question.

Anyone ever heard of basket trees? if not go look up John Krubsack, and Axel Erlandson two practitioners of this form of grafting. More of an art form, these guys create pretty funky looking structures by weaving tree trunks together. Given that cannabis responds pretty well to grafting and this seems to be more of a "low stress approach", do you think it could be feasible to conjoin cannabis seedlings and make them fuse into a plant with a single main trunk?

If so, what would occur if you fused an autoflower and a photoperiod in this manner? You have the potential for two unique rootstocks feeding metabolites and nutrients through a single mainstem no? I have no clue how flowering is triggered in autoflowers but i suspect the roots have something to do with it. You probably know where im going with this but im a madman who dreams of a world of autoflowering photoperiods.

Just for the record I am going to attempt this and will post the results here after my latest growth finishes up. It won't be for a couple of months but I wanted to at least get the discussion going to see if anyone thinks its worth the attempt.

maybe I'm just late and this has been done before. if anything someone point me in the right direction if this has been done.

Back