Indoor Rolling the dice for a monster. Auto ultimate in rdwc.

Orion

Qualified Live Stoner
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Auto ultimate
I'm afraid to start one of these. Seems like a lot of work to keep up with. We'll see how it goes. Surely I can do weekly updates.

I am using two 27gal totes connected with a three inch pipe. Total volume of water will be 25gal.

I've used a single 5gal bucket, I've also connected two and tried it that way. It was much work to keep up with the pH in these small volume setups, sometimes adjusting three or more times per day. The 25gal setup was surprising in its stability. Sometimes I wouldn't have to adjust for several days. Downside is using more resources, more plant food and pH down etc...

I have a ten watt air pump with two ports. I have a small water pump for the growing containers and another for the container I use to mix new water batches.

I will be using 4 cobs from cobshop.net for this grow. I've only had two up till now. The two additional lights will be arriving soon.
Pretty excited to see four in my 3x3.

For feed I will be using mega crop version 2 I think. It's inside a couple of jars and I can't quite remember when I bought it. I have an older bag also ( possibly version one?) I will use it when the stuff in the jars is used up.

I might use a humidifier early on but I might just wind up using a spray bottle on her a few times a day.
I have one of those inkbird controllers to run the extraction fan and humidifier if I need it. I think the fan is 6in.

The plant I will be growing is from some seeds I made from reversing one ultimate and using its pollen on another. I took the seeded plant too early and many of the seeds are immature. I will be using some of the pollen I saved to get more seeds this grow. I'll just put it on one branch. Thinking that should occur around one week into flowing.

Anyways, I have grown the ultimate several times now, trying to get that monster. Hope I get a pound.

I'll post some pics here in a bit.

IMG_20220203_193707686.jpg
IMG_20220203_193750842.jpg

There's the tanks and the lid for the rock basket. I gave it some paint to keep the light out.

The seed has sprouted in a paper towel and will go into the rock basket tomorrow, after I adjust the pH.

Last edited:
So... My method for starting the plant might not be the best. I go from paper towel straight into the rocks. In the past I've put the sprout into the bottom of the rock basket with a shallow layer of pebbles. More pebbles were added as the plant grew. The roots reached the water quickly this way. I added the sprout to the top of the basket this time. Roots still haven't made an appearance.

Yellowing occurred around a week old. I keep thinking they get fed at two weeks but this one wanted food. I added half a gram per gallon and the yellowing seems to have stopped. I think she is around 12 days since she popped in the paper towel.
IMG_20220215_195835031.jpg

Lovely start. Just keep the nutrients flowing otherwise the expanded clay will get suffocated with excess nutrients. Roots don't like this ;)

I pour water from the tank through the pebbles three or four times per day

That's perfect for now :thumbsup:
Don't want to make them roots to lazy and not go down into the reservoir :oops1:

Back